Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

So, am I to understand that the BOKC will have problems accomodating as many as (gasp) eight media representatives at a time? If they fire up their laptops all at once, will the place blow a fuse? Will they have to be crammed into a broom closet?

Incredibly enough, the previous hosts of the 10th Region tournament - Montgomery County and Mason County High Schools - were able to pull this off.

Or under the bleachers at Conner???:D

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! "Amateur Hour" huh..........Us amateurs do this because of the passion for the game. Guess your not a big fan. No problem. We're not catering to you, but rather the families, friends and fans of these programs that can't make it to the games.

I think I can speak for the others, be it radio, TV or internet and say that we all take pride in what we do and how we present the game. Some people want to see the game in person. That's fine. But for those who can't, we do our best to describe what is happening for their entertainment. I'm not Dale McMillen or Marty Brenneman, but I think we provide an entertaining broadcast as does everyone else who is doing this.

Since you must feel that you can do a better job with it than what we have to offer, let me know when you get your broadcast company up and running and we'll promote it for you. Until then, don't blast those who do this for little or no money just because we like High School Sports.

Buttels,while you know where I stand on this issue, I agree with you about the "amateur hour" comment. While at times I've chuckled a time or two listening/watching (as the case may be) to radio, internet and ICN broadcasts, I do commend the folks doing the broadcasting for their efforts, time and sacrifices.

mcpapa, I also agree with you that space limitations were probably not a factor in this decision, otherwise the license agreement between SMG and the two regions would have allowed a certain number of broadcasts, as opposed to a complete ban.

Once again, get off the dirt roads and venture to civilization and watch some games in person rather than listen to amateur hour trying to broadcast a "HIGH SCHOOL" game. I think some of you just want to find a reason to complain because the games aren't at Mason.

Spending my formative years in the suburbs between Washington DC and Baltimore, I've always found Northern Kentucky to be a bit provincial. Its fascination with hot dog sauce, all things pork, and its museums depicting dinosaurs and people holding hands come to mind.:D

Last time I consulted a map, I-75 was a considerable distance from many of the 10th region schools. I have managed to blunder my way over to that fine repository of orange cones a time or two, but not when traveling to NKY.

I'll stack Mr. Weddle up against just about anybody in the business. He even - get this - maintains a blog. He must have access to a computer!

In all seriousness, I've simply been advocating for those folks who have no way to attend the games in person.

Maybe those tenth region people can buy a car and just make the trip down the new roads that were paved called I-75!

You have got to be kidding,Go back and pull up the attendance figures for the last 20+ years the 10th would dworf the 9th in crowd size for the regionals.The 10th region is very passionate about there basketball.:rolleyes::irked:

Spending my formative years in the suburbs between Washington DC and Baltimore, I've always found Northern Kentucky to be a bit provincial. Its fascination with hot dog sauce, all things pork, and its museums depicting dinosaurs and people holding hands come to mind.:D

Last time I consulted a map, I-75 was a considerable distance from many of the 10th region schools. I have managed to blunder my way over to that fine repository of orange cones a time or two, but not when traveling to NKY.

I'll stack Mr. Weddle up against just about anybody in the business. He even - get this - maintains a blog. He must have access to a computer!

In all seriousness, I've simply been advocating for those folks who have no way to attend the games in person.

I think GRC and maybe Montgomery would be the only 2 to even use I-75.

I think that to play in a college building, a state of the art one at that , would be more of a thrill for the student athlete and that is who we really care about. I am sorry if the parents can't come to the game, but it really isn't worth all this hoopla that the 10th region people are giving it.

Speaking for Mason County - been there, done that this year at the BOKC. Don't know how thrilling it was, but they won.

I'll take a wild guess and say that most, if not all of the players' parents will somehow a way to crawl out of their shanties, navigate the back roads and eventually find their way to the Holy Grail of basketball arenas. Hopefully they will recover sufficiently from the shock and awe of the sheer magnificence of the place to find their way to the concession stands, where round two of shock and awe kicks in. Maybe the BOKC will accept food stamps.:D

Speaking for Mason County - been there, done that this year at the BOKC. Don't know how thrilling it was, but they won.

I'll take a wild guess and say that most, if not all of the players' parents will somehow a way to crawl out of their shanties, navigate the back roads and eventually find their way to the Holy Grail of basketball arenas. Hopefully they will recover sufficiently from the shock and awe of the sheer magnificence of the place to find their way to the concession stands, where round two of shock and awe kicks in. Maybe the BOKC will accept food stamps.:D

Lol :laugh::popcorn:

I think that to play in a college building, a state of the art one at that , would be more of a thrill for the student athlete and that is who we really care about. I am sorry if the parents can't come to the game, but it really isn't worth all this hoopla that the 10th region people are giving it.

We have played in Rupp just couple times and have a very good record there, Along with our gym is a decent size playing court. So I don't look for anybody to be to shocked.

Once again, get off the dirt roads and venture to civilization and watch some games in person rather than listen to amateur hour trying to broadcast a "HIGH SCHOOL" game. I think some of you just want to find a reason to complain because the games aren't at Mason.

LOL, wrong on a few things here. First you don't have to put down the fine people of the 10th or the people who are doing a service and providing radio or internet coverage.

Not all people complaining are from Mason Co, for one I am in Kenton Co above 275, I have my tickets to all of the games, it's just a horrible PR move by the BOK. Read the sports section of the Enquirer today on a main reason the built the BOK.

As a fan of the 9th Region, I hope our friends in the 10th do not mistake some of the snarky comments on this thread as representative of the thoughts of northern Kentuckians. I am very much looking forward to watching and enjoying the 10th region games for both the action on the court and the camaraderie of the fans. I made the trek last year to watch Cov Cath in the Fieldhouse. Enjoyed seeing Ronnie Lyons framed jersey, Chris Lofton's family still coming to the games and sitting in row 1, and Darius Miller doing his thing. Setty wasn't all that bad either. :thumb: The folks in Mason County could not have been more gracious hosts. All rational observers agree that BOK's position on the internet, radio, blogs, is nonsense (just kidding Leatherneck :D:D), but we have beaten that horse to death. Let the games begin and please know that the vaaaaaast majority of fans in the 9th respect your programs and look forward to watching two great tournaments.