Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

I was told yesterday that there will be no Radio or Internet broadcasting of any of the Ninth or Tenth Region High School Basketball Games by anyone. Seems the BOK wants everyone to attend the games and not listen to them on the Radio or the Internet. BTW from what I understand, this is not the 9th or 10th Region doings, but is squarly on the shoulders of the folks at the BOK.

Now maybe the good people at the BOK are trying to put the screws to some radio station, to come up with some major $$$ for the broadcasting rights for the games, but unless it is just a token amount, no one IMVHO is going to shell out major dollars to broadcast these games in this economy.

Isn't this just a great way for the local high school basketball fans (BTW who paid for this very public building via their tax dollars) to be introduced and welcomed to the new BOK? As The Bank of Kentucky is the bank I do my personal banking business with and they The Bank of Kentucky are a major contributor to the BOK, I think I will just let them know what a silly issue this is and how much this will hurt The Bank of Kentucky by being a part of this mess. Doesn't make NKU look like they are very community minded either.

While I can understand them wanting fans to attend the games ($$$$) I know many, many fans who either can't attend due to work schedules, illness, physically can't attend games, or who live out of town/out of the country who listen to many of the Internet Radio Broadcast.

Any thoughts about this mess?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sure hope enough people will call BOK and NKU and complain, maybe get some press on them too? I have tickets for all 9th/10th boys games there, but this is just wrong. Poor PR too.

Is there a link...e-mail or # were we can voice our displeasure? You may need to PM me the info.

If this does goes through, I would think this would be the first and last time they would hold the 10th region and also any hope of getting the All A.

Am begging 10th region fans,officials,etc. to please bring this thing back to The Fieldhouse each and every year where things are simple and the 10th region is the 10th region, could care less about the 9th region. If anything kick Campbell County,Scott and other extreme Northern Kentucky teams into the 9th region and combine the 10th and 16th together in one building for the regional tournament. More people in the 10th region follow or know more about the 16th region teams than ever know about the 9th.