Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

If this comes to be true, remember it's just not the banks fault, somebody in your school system let this happen or didnt think it thur. Some of the people responsible might need your vote sometime.

It's not the schools' fault that the higher ups at BOK Center decided to make this decision. As Mustang said though, this will likely be resolved.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Do they not realize that there are many people who are not able to attend all of these games and enjoy listening to them on the radio. I'm sorry but the 10th Regional Tournament without Danny Weddle is not the 10th Region Tournament. Is it too late to back out of this mess and send the tournament back to Maysville? Surely Anthony Strong isn't naive enough to sign a contract with a clause in it such as this! Maybe we should start a concession stand boycott!

A big Thank YOu to all the schools and powers that be for voting against hosting the 10th Region at the Fieldhouse (sarcasm).

This is ridiculous. If Danny Weddle is not calling the 10th Region Tournament then this will go down as the worst March Madness on record as far as I am concerned.

I think some people that are surprised and upset at the $10,000 price tag are a bit confused. That is the price for the local cable company in NKY to broadcast both the 9th and 10th semifinals and the finals, That's 4 games if it's just the boys and 8 if the girls are included too.

Insight has been doing live TV broadcasts of the 9th regional semifinals and finals for a few years now, so I am pretty sure that is what they are talking about, and sure that is why that cost is so high. A live TV broadcast will keep many people from attending, as they would rather watch it from their homes, so the BOK feels it would lose an amount of money due to a live TV broadcast.

The $500 fee mentioned for Rupp, I believe is for radio broadcasts of the Sweet 16.

I am just curious, how many of the people that are upset over this have called the BOK to leave a message concerning this? How many have emailed the BOK over this? How many have passed the contact info onto others asking them to contact them as well to complain? Or are the complaints ONLY being made in this thread?

I also wonder how many people who were upset that the 10th's tourney is not at the fieldhouse for a second straight year are just looking for another excuse of why it should have never left the fieldhouse?

This was brought to my attention for the first time yesterday, and I haven't had a chance to investigate. At the moment it is merely speculation and inuendo.

BOK is run by a management company which probably has established policy on this sort of thing, and is going "by the book."

Anthony Strong, the superintendent at Campbell County, is our representative to the BOK Center and I'm sure will voice in on this issue, and hopefully make allowing internet and over the air broadcasts of our games a term of participation with them.

BOK needs to be in a position of endearing themselves to long-term prospective tenants, and not alienating them, and I can't see them sticking to their guns on this one. The Cintas Center used to charge $!00 to do an internet broadcast of a high school game, but the fee was always waved by the on-site director. I would expect that the same thing will take place here.

Be patient, or scream your lungs out, whichever you prefer, for right now, but I am confident that this will be resolved, or this will be the first and last appearance in the BOK Center for the 10th Region Tournament.

I have long been a proponent of the Mason County Fieldhouse, and remain steadfast in my belief. The BOK Center sure isn't high school, and it sure as heck isn't the 10th Region. Here's hoping for one and done. :madman:

What great reasoning and a great post, and this comes from a great fan who could almost walk to the BOK Center. Maybe he can help President Obama with the economy as well. I am voting Mustang in for Secretary of Economic Development.

This has to be the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Do they not realize that there are many people who are not able to attend all of these games and enjoy listening to them on the radio. I'm sorry but the 10th Regional Tournament without Danny Weddle is not the 10th Region Tournament. Is it too late to back out of this mess and send the tournament back to Maysville? Surely Anthony Strong isn't naive enough to sign a contract with a clause in it such as this! Maybe we should start a concession stand boycott!

That's a very good idea. If they follow through with this, then no one should buy anything while they are there and see how much money they lose.

A big Thank YOu to all the schools and powers that be for voting against hosting the 10th Region at the Fieldhouse (sarcasm).

This is ridiculous. If Danny Weddle is not calling the 10th Region Tournament then this will go down as the worst March Madness on record as far as I am concerned.

:thumb:

Not so sure that the schools knew about this, as the CovCath AD (and remember CovCath is one of the few school that does each and every one of it's games on the Internet) didn't know a thing about it.

As a ninth region fan I think the tenth should be played somewhere else as well. While I will attend the finals of the tenth and will enjoy seeing them, I think the games should be centrally located within the region as possible to accommodate the fans.