Bank of Kentucky & the 9th and 10th Region - No Radio/Internet Broadcasting

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no!!:cry:

Maybe the question to ask the arena group is how much they are giving the regions. It seems to me that I each region gets money back. I know the 10th has never known going in how much they would get. If the arena has put up funds, then it only makes sense that the only way they get money back is to sale the rights. Dealing with a corporation is different than dealing with a school, times they are changing.

Let's reserve for another day whether $10,000.00 for ICN-6 to broadcast the games live on TV is reasonable. I think we are otherwise on the same page. The Bank of Kentucky Arena should not charge an unreasonable amount for, or outright prohibit, internet/radio broadcasts, or taped delay video broadcasts. Fans in Montgomery County, Clark County, Mason County, or Covington and Ft. Thomas for that matter, should not be denied the opportunity to catch the games on the internet or radio because of BOK management's desire to pocket $10,000.00. We all will keep our fingers crossed that cooler heads prevail and we can get back to more important issues...like why the heck Cov. Cath. can't hit a free throw. :D
Have no clue. Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Maybe the question to ask the arena group is how much they are giving the regions. It seems to me that I each region gets money back. I know the 10th has never known going in how much they would get. If the arena has put up funds, then it only makes sense that the only way they get money back is to sale the rights. Dealing with a corporation is different than dealing with a school, times they are changing.

So you set the price at a level no one will pay. That's good business... :idunno:

I asked them that two weeks ago when I had them on. they said that the amount was determined by those above him and that the best person to get in touch with are Mr. Strong or Chad Molley at Lloyd who set this up with the arena.

I asked them that two weeks ago when I had them on. they said that the amount was determined by those above him and that the best person to get in touch with are Mr. Strong or Chad Molley at Lloyd who set this up with the arena.

Have you contacted them?

Yes, this is the guy to contact. I've had several email correspondences with him for webcasting the tournament games on NKYSports.com. On Thursday, they emailed me back saying "we are not going to permit the broadcast of any kind, for this year’s Region 9 & 10 tournaments being held here at The Bank of Kentucky Center in March of 2009".

Maybe calling and emailing the Athletic Department at NKU could help too?

I find this very weird and this really shows the greed of some people of taking a great local event of great HS basketball and really messing it up. What about the elderly, disabled, less fortunate or just people that dont want to make the trip what are they supposed to do to keep up with there teams? I find this ridiculous and sent an email questioning these actions!

I find this very weird and this really shows the greed of some people of taking a great local event of great HS basketball and really messing it up. What about the elderly, disabled, less fortunate or just people that dont want to make the trip what are they supposed to do to keep up with there teams? I find this ridiculous and sent an email questioning these actions!

I agree, this is ridiculous.