Clyde

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't suppose they might be prepping Walker to be the main character and Jack will die do you?

I read early on that they absolutely would write Jack out of the show if they thought it fit the story and was best for the show.

However, I think it's gone too long for that to be an option now. The death of Jack would be the end of 24, IMO.

I wouldn't quit watching, but I suspect a significant portion of the viewers would and that would probably end it for all intents and purposes. I'd give it a shot with a new hero, but I seriously doubt they could re-create the 24 experience sans Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer.

JMO

But, to address your question, I don't think that will happen but I would never rule it out. I'm always worried they're going to do something like that. If Jack was going to die and the show continue, it would have had to be done in the earlier seasons. He is 24 at this point.

It would be like the West Wing without Josiah Bartlett.

Xe (Blackwater)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xe_(company)

Snippets from the article...

Xe (formerly Blackwater) is a controversial private military company founded in 1997 by Erik Prince and Al Clark. ...

Based in the American state of North Carolina, Xe operates a tactical training facility which the company claims is the world's largest, and at which the company trains more than 40,000 people a year, mostly from U.S. or foreign military and police services. The training consists of military offensive and defensive operations, as well as smaller scale personal security.

Xe Worldwide is currently the largest of the U.S. State Department's three private security contractors. Of the 987 contractors Xe provides, 744 are U.S. citizens. At least 90 percent of the company's revenue comes from government contracts, of which two-thirds are no-bid contracts. ...

Xe is a privately held company and does not publish much information about internal affairs. Xe's founder and former CEO Erik Prince, a former Navy SEAL, attended the Naval Academy, graduated from Hillsdale College, and was an intern in George H.W. Bush's White House. Prince is a major financial supporter of Republican Party causes and candidates. ...

Cofer Black, the company's current vice chairman, was director of the CIA's Counterterrorist Center (CTC) at the time of the September 11 attacks in 2001. ...

Xe's primary training facility, located on 7,000 acres in northeastern North Carolina, comprises several ranges: indoor, outdoor, urban reproductions; a man-made lake; and a driving track in Camden and Currituck counties. Company literature says that it is the largest training facility in the country. In November 2006 Blackwater USA announced it recently acquired an 80-acre facility 150 miles west of Chicago in Mount Carroll, Illinois to be called Blackwater North. ... Xe is also trying to open an 824-acre training facility three miles north of Potrero, a small town in rural east San Diego County, California located 45 miles east of San Diego, for military and law enforcement training (Blackwater West). ... On March 7, 2008, Blackwater withdrew its application to set up a facility in San Diego County.

Pretty fascinating to me. I've got a book about Blackwater written by Jeremy Scahill. If you're interested, check it out. But, there's no doubt that Starkwood and the idea is inspired by Blackwater and some people's concerns about having a private army in the United States.

Obviously Jack is going to survive and save the day.

Couple random questions/thoughts:

1) What role will Aaron Pierce play in exposing how corrupt Olivia is?

2) Will Agent Walker be a reoccurring character in future season(s)?

3) What happened to Chloe?

4) Who will be the next "main" character to die? My money is on Larry Moss.

1. Significant

2. Doutful

3. I think she is done for the season, unless a cameo episode (just a guess)

4. Agent Walker, I'm going to guess in an attempt to save Jack in some way

I read early on that they absolutely would write Jack out of the show if they thought it fit the story and was best for the show.

However, I think it's gone too long for that to be an option now. The death of Jack would be the end of 24, IMO.

I wouldn't quit watching, but I suspect a significant portion of the viewers would and that would probably end it for all intents and purposes. I'd give it a shot with a new hero, but I seriously doubt they could re-create the 24 experience sans Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer.

JMO

But, to address your question, I don't think that will happen but I would never rule it out. I'm always worried they're going to do something like that. If Jack was going to die and the show continue, it would have had to be done in the earlier seasons. He is 24 at this point.

It would be like the West Wing without Josiah Bartlett.

I think if they ever kill Jack off it will be much more of a dramatic death than a slow evolving "infection" or whatever the exposure is. I could be wrong, but it would seem silly to kill the main character of the show in the same manner (or close to it) that they killed off George Mason.