Clyde

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with ekubum, I thought it was a "filler" week. I also didnt like Tony double crossing them either. Doesnt seem true to his character.

Hoping for something great next week, including Jack's selfish, self centered daughter saving his life.

In the 24 movie that was on in November there was something the outgoing president wouldn't tell the incoming president on the eve of her innauguration. Something in a national security file. I still think that is going to pop up in the story during these last few weeks. I think Tony and Bill were working on bringing down the bigger conspiracy and were working outside the system to bring it down. I think Tony is going to do whatever it takes, including taking out some good guys, to bring the bad guys down.

I'm just guessing on this, I haven't seen any spoilers...

Since Tony hasn't signed on for season 8, I'm guessing he isn't going to make it through this season though...

I could see Jonas Hodges’ death coming, even after Olivia Taylor tried to stop it. Could it be that Olivia’s contact is somehow involved in the conspiracy or he went through with it to blackmail Olivia?

I could see Jonas Hodges’ death coming, even after Olivia Taylor tried to stop it. Could it be that Olivia’s contact is somehow involved in the conspiracy or he went through with it to blackmail Olivia?

I'm thinking blackmail. Owning a White House Chief of Staff is worth alot more than $250,000...

In the 24 movie that was on in November there was something the outgoing president wouldn't tell the incoming president on the eve of her innauguration. Something in a national security file. I still think that is going to pop up in the story during these last few weeks. I think Tony and Bill were working on bringing down the bigger conspiracy and were working outside the system to bring it down. I think Tony is going to do whatever it takes, including taking out some good guys, to bring the bad guys down.

I'm just guessing on this, I haven't seen any spoilers...

Since Tony hasn't signed on for season 8, I'm guessing he isn't going to make it through this season though...

I'm thinking Tony likely doesn't make it, and also believe that he could be working outside and is actually still good. The reason I say this is because he said Jack was never supposed to get hurt, like he knew Jack was a good guy or something to that effect.

Now if the conspiracy is for pharmaceutical companies to come in and make big bugs after this terrorist attack because they have a cure or something along those lines, then it would make sense for Tony to push forward the attack so that Jack could possibly be saved.

I'm thinking Tony likely doesn't make it, and also believe that he could be working outside and is actually still good. The reason I say this is because he said Jack was never supposed to get hurt, like he knew Jack was a good guy or something to that effect.

Now if the conspiracy is for pharmaceutical companies to come in and make big bugs after this terrorist attack because they have a cure or something along those lines, then it would make sense for Tony to push forward the attack so that Jack could possibly be saved.

Interesting thought......they better hurry up with that cure.

I don't think that Tony is a double or triple agent. I think his larger mission was to do whatever it takes to infiltrate the big group. I think all of the smaller missions, like the attack on the White House, or the airline bombings, or the stopping the release of the chemicals from Starkwood were all things he tried to help stop. I think he only killed agent Moss because he was stuck and had to do it to convince his partner that he was a bad guy. I think he is under orders to do whatever it takes to infiltrate the group. I think that is why he Bill and Chloe were all working on the outside when Jack found them.

I think Chloe knows the truth.

I don't think that Tony is a double or triple agent. I think his larger mission was to do whatever it takes to infiltrate the big group. I think all of the smaller missions, like the attack on the White House, or the airline bombings, or the stopping the release of the chemicals from Starkwood were all things he tried to help stop. I think he only killed agent Moss because he was stuck and had to do it to convince his partner that he was a bad guy. I think he is under orders to do whatever it takes to infiltrate the group. I think that is why he Bill and Chloe were all working on the outside when Jack found them.

I think Chloe knows the truth.

And I think that storyline is plausible, but still rather unsatisfactory. I don't want Tony to be a bad guy, but it is somewhat exhausting trying to keep up with all the turns. It really loses its effect when they have multiple turncoats every single season. When it was Nina it was shocking. It got less shocking every time they did it, until the point that you had to question how such an agency as CTU could be infiltrated so easily every single time. You'd think they'd get serious about their personnel after a while. This year it was the FBI and a couple of other government agencies. It's lazy storytelling. For a related topic see "Infiltrating CTU/White House". You'd figure these places would be harder to get into.....

That's not to say that I don't enjoy this season more than some recent ones, because they've been a little bit more outside the box than they had been in a while. But after a pretty good first half of the season, we're seeing a slide back.

And I think that storyline is plausible, but still rather unsatisfactory. I don't want Tony to be a bad guy, but it is somewhat exhausting trying to keep up with all the turns. It really loses its effect when they have multiple turncoats every single season. When it was Nina it was shocking. It got less shocking every time they did it, until the point that you had to question how such an agency as CTU could be infiltrated so easily every single time. You'd think they'd get serious about their personnel after a while. This year it was the FBI and a couple of other government agencies. It's lazy storytelling. For a related topic see "Infiltrating CTU/White House". You'd figure these places would be harder to get into.....

That's not to say that I don't enjoy this season more than some recent ones, because they've been a little bit more outside the box than they had been in a while. But after a pretty good first half of the season, we're seeing a slide back.

I understand what you're saying, but to me it's not lazy storytelling. Because in this season, it's not like foreign terrorist had infiltrated such high levels. Rather it's a case of people high up, in powerful positions, who over time became disgusted with the government and how things were being handled. This is probably the most plausible type of domestic terrorism, where the terrorist don't feel that they're committing terrorism but rather that they're doing what needs to be done to "protect the greater good" and "wake people up".

I see what you're saying, but that's just my take on it.

I understand what you're saying, but to me it's not lazy storytelling. Because in this season, it's not like foreign terrorist had infiltrated such high levels. Rather it's a case of people high up, in powerful positions, who over time became disgusted with the government and how things were being handled. This is probably the most plausible type of domestic terrorism, where the terrorist don't feel that they're committing terrorism but rather that they're doing what needs to be done to "protect the greater good" and "wake people up".

I see what you're saying, but that's just my take on it.

Interesting thoughts, just not sure it will be satisfying to see another "turn." If Tony is truly bad I see Jack or Walker taking him out for good.