Class 6A: Trinity 48 Simon Kenton 0

Birdsfan

I am sorry I don't mean to say I told you so but you could see this one coming.

I think that most of us "saw this coming," but it's always fun to root for a major underdog, and I don't think that SK needs to apologize to anyone for their performance tonight.

There are many other 6As out there who would have liked to have been in thier position, but didn't make it as far as they did.

Simon Kenton earned it, and should be proud to be the State 6A runner-up.

Trinity (and St. X) football is on a different planet - if they weren't we wouldn't have 6 class football in Kentucky.

Good run SK - I'm sure that you are very disappointed tonight, but you will be talked about and held up as the patron saint of the underdog for years to come - Congratulations!!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to SK on a great season! Your late season run was very impressive.

I will have to say, as an Independence resident, I was very surprised (and ashamed, and I'm not even an SK fan) by the lack of support from the city. I was out today and didn't see a single sign of support for the city's only high school team. Oh, I take that back, I was fortunate enough to not blink as I drove by the city building. The electric sign out front flashed "Good Luck Simon....", and that's all I could read as it flashed so fast. Not a single business on old 17 had a sign.

I will have to say, as an Independence resident, I was very surprised (and ashamed, and I'm not even an SK fan) by the lack of support from the city. I was out today and didn't see a single sign of support for the city's only high school team.
The announcers said it looked like the whole town of Independence was there. Said it looked like they had a bigger crowd than Trinity.

Great job by T. What can you say about one of the premier h.s. football programs in the U.S? The game unfolded as I expected with T's passing game dissecting SK and T superior in every phase of the game. A very memorable season by SK when they could have packed it in. Good job, Pioneers. The rest of us in 6A are WAY behind T and X and it's up to us to see if we can make up that difference. Congrats to T and everyone should remember to give them the respect they have EARNED. It's funny looking back on some of the comments in the prediction thread about this game.

Congrats to SK on a great session they should not feel bad at all. Hold your heads up high there are about 200 schools that would love to be in your spot.

As for Trinity i'm very disappointed in their fans and some the players actions on the field. Like the blow to head hit on SK's QB that was an unnecessary hit when he was already being brought to the ground. Specially when you are up by 4 touchdowns in the first half.

If I may be so bold...

There is something fundamentally wrong with your playoff system when the final score of a game at the big school level is 48-0.

Folks...something desperately needs to be fixed. WOW...:eek: :irked:

What an absolute travesty.

Congratulations, I guess, to Trinity on #19. How does it feel? :rolleyes:

-CardinalsFan

Congrats to SK on a great session they should not feel bad at all. Hold your heads up high there are about 200 schools that would love to be in your spot.

As for Trinity i'm very disappointed in their fans and some the players actions on the field. Like the blow to head hit on SK's QB that was an unnecessary hit when he was already being brought to the ground. Specially when you are up by 4 touchdowns in the first half.

I was in the pressbox with several high school football officials. We watched the replay of the hit a number of times. It was agreed all around that the hit was not malicious or intentional.

I wish the best to the player and his parents. Congratulations to Simon Kenton for making it to the championship game and good luck next year.

Juggernaut, it's football. Hits are part of the game. Sorry you didn't like the play but don't be pounding on the fans and T players. Lighten up, Francis.

Jug, don't start anything. It was a clean hit... no penalty. I hope the young man is fine but it was not a cheap shot. SK brought a fine crowd to the box. Really good showing. The team however seemed tight. The offense never sparked. I think SK crossed the 50 yd line twice. No passing attack at all which allowed T to focus on the run. Meanwhile, Cam Smith was a perfect 12 for 12 passing. Early short passes set up some bombs for scores. Tim was the best back on the field, no doubt. The running clock kept the score from getting too ugly. Subs played 90% of the second half. Congrats ROCKS on the 4-PEAT! Thus far 6-A football is property of THS.

If I may be so bold...

There is something fundamentally wrong with your playoff system when the final score of a game at the big school level is 48-0.

Folks...something desperately needs to be fixed. WOW...:eek: :irked:

What an absolute travesty.

Congratulations, I guess, to Trinity on #19. How does it feel? :rolleyes:

-CardinalsFan

I agree! But, we play who is put in front of us! We all know the State Championship Game was last Friday night at the Pizza Box! GO Rocks! #20