Class 6A: Trinity 48 Simon Kenton 0

Birdsfan

Jug, don't start anything. It was a clean hit... no penalty. I hope the young man is fine but it was not a cheap shot. SK brought a fine crowd to the box. Really good showing. The team however seemed tight. The offense never sparked. I think SK crossed the 50 yd line twice. No passing attack at all which allowed T to focus on the run. Meanwhile, Cam Smith was a perfect 12 for 12 passing. Early short passes set up some bombs for scores. Tim was the best back on the field, no doubt. The running clock kept the score from getting too ugly. Subs played 90% of the second half. Congrats ROCKS on the 4-PEAT! Thus far 6-A football is property of THS.

Well said XgradROCKdad! Slice it anyway you like...This was a first round game! But! My hats off to SK for a great season!!! And, to the seniors and parents of SK, hold your heads high for the steps you took to get to the next level... GO ROCKS! #20

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may be so bold...

There is something fundamentally wrong with your playoff system when the final score of a game at the big school level is 48-0.

Folks...something desperately needs to be fixed. WOW...:eek: :irked:

What an absolute travesty.

Congratulations, I guess, to Trinity on #19. How does it feel? :rolleyes:

-CardinalsFan

Trinity is the best in 6A and that's all that matters. No different than the American League Championship Series being better than the World Series because the AL teams are better.

Congrats to Trinity and congrats to SK.

Congrats to SK on a great session they should not feel bad at all. Hold your heads up high there are about 200 schools that would love to be in your spot.

As for Trinity i'm very disappointed in their fans and some the players actions on the field. Like the blow to head hit on SK's QB that was an unnecessary hit when he was already being brought to the ground. Specially when you are up by 4 touchdowns in the first half.

What are you talking about? It was a clean and not very hard hit. The linebacker was diving over the runner and at most brushed him with his forearm(s). I watched it on replay 3 or 4 times on the stadium closed circuit feed. I really don't see how such minimal, if any, contact could produce a serious injury. And I surely hope it did not, for the player's sake.

One thing that did urk me was being asked to sit down while standing and cheering for my team. Seriously, wow, needless to say I moved. The guy said "they give you seats for a reason", to which I responded "Yea and god gave us legs for a reason too!". Sorry but that's just sad.

Congrats to the Rocks, they are a well oiled machine. I wished the best for my Neers, but I knew it could possibly get ugly. The gap between Trinity/St.X and the others is so large I find it hard to believe any other 6A team has a chance to hoist the title trophy. SK needs to build on this experience, get back into the weight room, and improve their passing attack for '09.

One thing that did urk me was being asked to sit down while standing and cheering for my team. Seriously, wow, needless to say I moved. The guy said "they give you seats for a reason", to which I responded "Yea and god gave us legs for a reason too!". Sorry but that's just sad.

You tell 'em!

Congratulations to Trinity on their 19th Championship.

SK, don't hang your heads. Everyone in NKY is proud of you, and there are MANY who wanted to be in the place you were tonight regardless of the outcome!

If I may be so bold...

There is something fundamentally wrong with your playoff system when the final score of a game at the big school level is 48-0.

Folks...something desperately needs to be fixed. WOW...:eek: :irked:

What an absolute travesty.

Congratulations, I guess, to Trinity on #19. How does it feel? :rolleyes:

-CardinalsFan

Outstanding

You tell 'em!

Congratulations to Trinity on their 19th Championship.

SK, don't hang your heads. Everyone in NKY is proud of you, and there are MANY who wanted to be in the place you were tonight regardless of the outcome!

I will agree with that statement.... SK you worked hard Looking forward to getting ya back next season. ;)

I was in the pressbox with several high school football officials. We watched the replay of the hit a number of times. It was agreed all around that the hit was not malicious or intentional.

I wish the best to the player and his parents. Congratulations to Simon Kenton for making it to the championship game and good luck next year.

Juggernaut, it's football. Hits are part of the game. Sorry you didn't like the play but don't be pounding on the fans and T players. Lighten up, Francis.

I'm sure that it was not malicious or intentional, but someone please tell me why it took 5 minutes before the Trinity sidelines took a knee and the Trinity team on the field NEVER took a knee? I found it disturbing to hear the Trinity cheerleaders and the Trinity fans singing "Hey, Hey, Hey..... GOODBYE" as our player was being wheeled off the field on a stretcher to the ambulance. The Simon Kenton players immediately took a knee, not for their quarterback that was down..............but for their FRIEND!

I was in the pressbox with several high school football officials. We watched the replay of the hit a number of times. It was agreed all around that the hit was not malicious or intentional.

I wish the best to the player and his parents. Congratulations to Simon Kenton for making it to the championship game and good luck next year.

Juggernaut, it's football. Hits are part of the game. Sorry you didn't like the play but don't be pounding on the fans and T players. Lighten up, Francis.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that it was not malicious or intentional, but someone please tell me why it took 5 minutes before the Trinity sidelines took a knee and the Trinity team on the field NEVER took a knee? I found it disturbing to hear the Trinity cheerleaders and the Trinity fans singing "Hey, Hey, Hey..... GOODBYE" as our player was being wheeled off the field on a stretcher to the ambulance. The Simon Kenton players immediately took a knee, not for their quarterback that was down..............but for their FRIEND!

That's funny, I was sitting on the Trinity side, and didn't hear that...