Someone Gets It...

Habib

But, hey, “Obama is an anti-American, Muslim, terrorist supporter” plays a hell of a lot better than “Obama sat on a charitable board with some radical guy who set bombs off in the 60s.” Oh, nevermind the fact that you should vote for John McCain because Leonore Annenberg – yes, the same Annenberg Council that Obama and Ayers were part of - is endorsing him.

Interesting, just browsing that list of folks who endorse McCain and I see a lot of what looks like politically appointed ambassadors. That is, folks who basically paid their way to an ambassadorship, rather than the career appointees who are there because they know what they're doing.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I'll go a head and say it. In my opinion with some folks, that has a lot to do with it. Very sad, yet very true.

And in my opinion some people are on Obama's coact tails so much because of mis-placed guilt they feel over events that occurred in the USA past.

Should the US remember and never repeat race issues that happened in the past, absolutely.

Should I feel any guilt about those past issues, absolutely not.

It isn’t, inherently. But look how the rhetoric is couched. Why is Obama’s relationship with Ayers important? Officially, the McCain campaign has said it’s about Obama’s judgment, or that he lied about their relationship, or that they pursued a radical agenda together. All of which is fair game, to be sure. However, Obama recovered from the Wright publicity, and polls haven’t shown voters responding to the Ayers stuff, largely because the economic mess is quickly becoming America’s top issue by a wide margin. So why do the Republicans keep trying to link Obama to Ayers and not to Pelosi or Frank, certainly a more effective tactic?

Again, look at how Palin speaks about Obama: “Our opponent is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country”; "Some of his comments that he's made about the war, that I think, in my world disqualify someone from consideration for the next commander-in-chief"; “This is not someone who sees America the way you and I do”. A bit vague, isn’t it? This isn’t about Ayers. Sounds like Obama might be a terrorist. Maybe he’s a secret Muslim who hates America. Maybe voters should go home and re-read those emails in their spam folder.

I’m not the only one who sees it. “Terrorist!”, “Treason!”, “Kill him!” have all been shouted from the crowd during three of the most recent rallies - none of which were denounced by McCain or Palin. A racial epithet was directed toward a black network cameraman at Palin’s last rally in Florida. Reporters now are even restricted from asking questions of attendants to Palin’s rallies. And no, I’m not naïve enough to suggest that they can control what people shout during their rallies, but they can certainly control what they say from the podium, and when it is as vague, ambiguous, and as sinister as what they are suggesting they should certainly expect that type of feedback. But, hey, “Obama is an anti-American, Muslim, terrorist supporter” plays a hell of a lot better than “Obama sat on a charitable board with some radical guy who set bombs off in the 60s.” Oh, nevermind the fact that you should vote for John McCain because Leonore Annenberg – yes, the same Annenberg Council that Obama and Ayers were part of - is endorsing him.

It’s destructive and shameful. And in four years, when the economy is quite likely going to be a mess, or just on the beginning of recovery, Republicans aren’t going to ride in another “Reagan Revolution” on the coattails of this kind of garbage. Where is the reasonable economic message? You know, the one where the government doesn’t nationalize everything?

Excellent analysis, Habib! :thumb:

Question: If Obama were to be "born again," would that mean all his past transgressions are now to be ignored? I mean, it worked for Dubya and his coke and booze problem.

Didn't O admit he used cocaine in the past? I could care less if people did coke and bozze when they were young. I do care if they got any political advice or started their political career in the home of an admitted terrorist.

Thanks, TB&G. I'm glad at least one person actually bothered to read what I posted.

I take offense to that. I read it and I agreed w/ you. McCain needs to realize that even though he thinks it's a big deal right now "joe sixpack" cares about the economy above all.

Thanks, TB&G. I'm glad at least one person actually bothered to read what I posted.

I'm particularly disappointed with McCain and Palin's decisions to NOT squelch those types of statements. They can't control what the audience says but they can react in such a way to show that those types of statements will not be promoted by their campaign...by NOT doing this, to me they are saying that they want people to secretly feel this way.

Let me ask this...

Let's say Timothy McVeigh wasn't convicted. He got off due to a technicality. Let's say he got into politics and held a fund raiser/dinner of McCain to introduce his run for President. Would it be off limits/fear mongering?

Fair game IMHO. McVeigh would be worse because his bombing resulted in American deaths, whereas (and thank God), Ayers' bombings did not.

Edited by MountainThunder

And in my opinion some people are on Obama's coact tails so much because of mis-placed guilt they feel over events that occurred in the USA past.

Should the US remember and never repeat race issues that happened in the past, absolutely.

Should I feel any guilt about those past issues, absolutely not.

Not sure about that one. I can only speak for myself and I can tell you that's never once entered my mind. I have two choices and I believe Obama is the best choice for this Country right now.

I take offense to that. I read it and I agreed w/ you. McCain needs to realize that even though he thinks it's a big deal right now "joe sixpack" cares about the economy above all.

My apologies, Latch.