Campbell Co 2008/2009

A lot of schools do that. I know Scott has in the past. It helps show them what the program is like, and keeps players from leaving to other high school from their feeder schools. I think it is very smart.

GRC's Robbie Stenzel didn't just dress for the varsity he started as a 8th grader.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am heard there are at least 8 players still coming from football. It's not crisis time in Alexandria. McGovney is playing up because he has the talent to do so, not because of numbers. There is a good chance the Griffin kid (a freshman) will be playing JV once he gets back from injury.

I am heard there are at least 8 players still coming from football. It's not crisis time in Alexandria. McGovney is playing up because he has the talent to do so, not because of numbers. There is a good chance the Griffin kid (a freshman) will be playing JV once he gets back from injury.

That's good news--I didn't think the numbers were as thin as was being mentioned on here? They'll be a very nice club, especially if they can develop some depth.

Since when does Campbell use 8th graders. I don't know of any in the past 6 years.

When you have the caliber of talent as Nathan McGovney does you move them up. Do you think McGovney would be pushed and get better by playing in the 8th grade this year? This will only help his further development as a player going against older and stronger kids everyday. He is one of several kids from this class in this state that has the ability to play up. The class of 2013 is very,very strong and deep throughout the state. He is one of the top kids in the state in this class and I believe he will be a D1 player in the college level by the time his high school career is over.

When you have the caliber of talent as Nathan McGovney does you move them up. Do you think McGovney would be pushed and get better by playing in the 8th grade this year? This will only help his further development as a player going against older and stronger kids everyday. He is one of several kids from this class in this state that has the ability to play up. The class of 2013 is very,very strong and deep throughout the state. He is one of the top kids in the state in this class and I believe he will be a D1 player in the college level by the time his high school career is over.

I have never seen the kid play but if Coach Code and the gang feel he has the talent to play at the next level now then so be it. It is good to know that the future Camels have such talent coming their way. I feel that the current Camels should be very strong and have a good chance to win the District. They can compete in the Region, however GRC looks hard to beat this year. But as you know that is why they play the game. Looking forward to catching some of the games this year. Good Luck - Camels.

I have seen him play..... I hope your right.

JV and Varsity scrimmaged Williamstown last night. I was watching the freshman who looked pretty good. Anyone have any information?

Was at the scrimmage, but am not familiar with players. Here's my take:

Williamstown is small and shot the ball poorly. They will struggle this year.

Campbell didn't shoot the ball particularly well either. The tall, slim left-hand boy looks to be a nice player. I'm guessing some of the football players are still getting adjusted.