Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

deceivingly slow

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by deceivingly slow

  1. Wonder if the transfer had anything to do with the coaching change.
  2. I believe Dan Sullivan is in administration at Walton. I seriously doubt he would entertain leaving an administrative position.
  3. If you move Walton to the 33rd district, this leaves only three teams in the 32nd district (Grant, Williamstown and SK). Would you move a team into the 32nd to make it a four team district again? If so, who?
  4. They run an offense?????? After watching them a half a dozen times this year, I wasn't sure. Not knocking them, it's worked great so far!!!
  5. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Playing on this type of floor, this type of arena is great experience and preparation for the players moving on to Rupp.
  6. I believe they need to have the position posted for a predetermined period of time (e.g. 30 days). If that's the case, then I wouldn't anticipate any major revelations this month.
  7. Way to go. Nice job of throwing something out there with no supporting info. If you have factual information to support your opinion, then let's hear it.
  8. Probably because there aren't a ton of breakaway dunks attempts. Defenses are too good and opportunities don't arise that often. Point here it there will, undoubtedly, be hard fouls. It would be great to see that players are mentally prepared to handle it. I'm sure whoever comes out of the 9th will be prepared.
  9. I'm not a fan of either (8th region for me) and was at the game. No one knows the intent of the player. From my perspective, it was a hard foul...not dirty or flagrant. I'd bet there will be more of those type of fouls if they make it to Rupp. Let's hope the not very well thought out reaction at half-time is different the next time it occurs.
  10. Can someone fill in the time periods for when Trame was head coach at Simon Kenton? Was he once head coach at Holy Cross as well? How successful were they under his guidance?
  11. Ms. Trame, please extend our best wishes and congrats to your husband.http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/lol.gif
  12. Funny thing, I've always thought that it was hard work and dedication that made a difference. Holding a child back doesn't guarantee success. Having said that though, I can see advantages if hard work is part of the picture. What's the rule for HS...you can't turn 19 before a certain date or something like that???????
  13. Anyone know what Ryle's record is? In the few games I've seen them play, it seems they have good talent and size but struggle from time to time. Are they accomplishing what was expected of them thus far this year?
  14. With an area of the state growing significantly and continuing to add schools (e.g. Cooper), the only option left to KHSAA is to continue spreading the areas covered by the regions?????? I wonder if there's a point in which other alternatives may need to be investigated at some point. Instead of the Sweet 16 we may end up with a Sweet 20 :lol:
  15. SK in the 8th doesn't make a lot of sense. Scott in the 10th doesn't make a lot of sense. SK driving to Henry or Anderson is far better than having them drive to Covington Holmes????? Both schools must now travel way too far to play regional opponents. Here's what's lost in the name of athletic equity: kids being able to do homework at a reasonable time of night; kids getting adequate sleep/rest before the next school day.
  16. With some threads discussing the 9th and 10th region tourneys and the travel associated for some participating schools, the regional alignments seems to be off base to me. Examples: Campbell Co are in the 10th. CC used to be in the 9th. Simon Kenton and Walton are now in the 8th. Bot used to be in the 9th. Why would KHSAA move SK to a region where they may need to travel as far south as Henry County to play? When in the 9th, the farthest SK may need to travel was Covington. When in the 9th, CC may have needed to travel 25 minutes to play Boone, now they're travel time is significantly increased by being in the 10th. What is/was the logic behind these realignments? Are there reasons outside of athletics for this?
  17. How much of a difference does the loss of coach Sullivan make? I think they may been out-coached last night and even in the Connor game (although Connor lost). Didn't see the Scott OT game, so I can't comment on that.
  18. Coach Bennett is an outstanding individual and knows the game extremely well....and has a staff the knows the game extremely well. This is a tough one...I don't think it's the coaching and they do have some talent. Bench strength may be an issue, but that's likely to be an issue with most high school teams. I've heard he may be moving to the AD spot next year. If that happens, would that open up the head b-ball job????
  19. Gotta think Dixie's coach is on the hot seat.
  20. Teams with a PG that can take over a game is a rarity. Ryle's PG played a solid game in my opinion. Didn't take too many bad shots (maybe one or two), didn't turn the ball over a bunch, protected the ball against good defensive pressure and was able to get them into their offense most of the time. If I can get that from a PG each night, then I'm happy.
  21. The KHSAA Scoreboard has game times for this screwed up. The 7pm Highlands v. Campbell game was already in the 4th qtr. at the start time shown on the KHSAA scoreboard. Can anyone provide reliable information on game times for the remainder of the week?
  22. To your point here, when I played refs did a good job of protecting the guy with the ball. I believe that's the way it should be. In today's time, from early AAU ball through high school, a defender can throw a saddle on the ball handler and ride him up the court without the whistle blowing. Not only do players watch too much ESPN and NBA, but so do refs. This contributes to the inability of a ball handler to set up a defender against a pick.
  23. For those that have an interest in the previous posts, can someone fill in the blanks?
  24. Anyone know game times for today's games?
  25. I'd be willing to bet Henley doesn't care about the rankings right now, but does care about preparing his team for tournament time. Having said that, Holmes could've sat back in a zone with Pittman in the middle and had an easier time with Connor. Connor isn't the type of team that's going to shoot the lights out and the Holmes' guards are quick enough to defend out top on a zone. By playing a m2m, it'll help Holmes down the road. Also, Hicks had a great game plan. His team played great m2m team defense. He's not only a top coach in the 9th, but I'd even submit he's one of the top coachs in the state.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.