Highlands Coaching Candidates?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think will be the next coach of the Bluebirds?

I would say the leading candidates are: Mike Code, Scott Code, Brad Carr and Mike Listerman. Any thoughts?

Other thread states that Mike Code was offered the job and has already turned it down.

I would think that of those listed that Brad Carr would be the best candidate if interested. Still think Rick Shumate would be a good choice as well. Already has experience coaching at a football school so he is used to that dynamic.

Paper mentioned that they would like to fill job quickly and if Code has already been offered and turned down who else have they "reached" out to and/or who else has expressed interest?

Who do you think will be the next coach of the Bluebirds?

I would say the leading candidates are: Mike Code, Scott Code, Brad Carr and Mike Listerman. Any thoughts?

You can scratch Mike Listerman. He is very happy where he is at and is very happy with the new leadership at Covington Catholic.

I would be very suprised if he has any interest.

That doesn't mean they're happy with him.

Pretty sure Principal Rowe likes Coach L alot. I would think that as a former basketball coach himself, Rowe understands the rough situation Coach L had with injuries this year.

As the Highlands job go, yes, Mike Code is out. I'm getting that from not only here but other sources that I know are reliable. I would say look down state for a candidate or look in house. Two names I would throw out there are Josh Feldman and Terry Butler, although I don't know what they're teaching degree situation is.

Pretty sure Principal Rowe likes Coach L alot. I would think that as a former basketball coach himself, Rowe understands the rough situation Coach L had with injuries this year.

As the Highlands job go, yes, Mike Code is out. I'm getting that from not only here but other sources that I know are reliable. I would say look down state for a candidate or look in house. Two names I would throw out there are Josh Feldman and Terry Butler, although I don't know what they're teaching degree situation is.

Are you serious about these choices? I about tossed up my lunch. How about Hicks from Conner or maybe Chevalier from Dixie? One issue here might be whether or not there is a teaching position because Willie is going to continue to teach. Another interesting name might be Kevin Listerman.

Are you serious about these choices? I about tossed up my lunch. How about Hicks from Conner or maybe Chevalier from Dixie? One issue here might be whether or not there is a teaching position because Willie is going to continue to teach. Another interesting name might be Kevin Listerman.

Kevin Listerman is at Colerain HS, attempting to build a program there. Given his track record, I would expect him to have a new job within a few years, so he may be a possibility.

Andy Listerman is an assistant at Elder. I know nothing of what Highlands is looking for, but I could see them attempting to lure both Listerman sons to Ft. Thomas.

That doesn't mean they're happy with him.

Based on what?

There are some who are unhappy with Coach Listerman. Most of those are parents, who apparently feel that Coach Listerman has forgotten everything he used to know about the game of basketball (and life outside of basketball) and is not good enough to coach their 8th grade son.

Coach Mike Listerman will remain at Covington Catholic, and deservedly so. The man has given his life to the school and has built a pretty darn good program there, too.

I'd imagine that he looks forward to what the future holds in Park Hills & is ready to put this past season behind him, as are the rest of CCH supporters.

Based on what?

There are some who are unhappy with Coach Listerman. Most of those are parents, who apparently feel that Coach Listerman has forgotten everything he used to know about the game of basketball (and life outside of basketball) and is not good enough to coach their 8th grade son.

Coach Mike Listerman will remain at Covington Catholic, and deservedly so. The man has given his life to the school and has built a pretty darn good program there, too.

I'd imagine that he looks forward to what the future holds in Park Hills & is ready to put this past season behind him, as are the rest of CCH supporters.

Very well said. Coach L is a very good coach and knows the game a lot better than most of the coaches in the 9th region. I truly enjoyed listening to him and picking his brain at a coaches clinic that he was doing a couple of yrs ago.

Based on what?

I completely agree, just pointing out that just b/c he may like it there, doesn't mean everything is hunky dory. Didn;t meanti imply anything, sorry. I know nothing about the administration or anything at all about CCH.