Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 53 Conner 46

Featured Replies

  • Replies 77
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shows that Holmes isn't as clearly cemented as the #1 team as previously thought. Conner played a great game in this one.

This shows that Holmes isn't as clearly cemented as the #1 team as previously thought. Conner played a great game in this one.

 

Not really. lol

I think youre just hoping that is what this means.

Holmes is still the clear cut #1. Every team has off nights, and Conner just played a heckuva game.

I think more than that this just shows its still highschool basketball, kids are not very consistent and when someone has an off night this is what happens. Im willing to bet this won't be the last scare Holmes sees this year, but they did what good teams do and pulled it out.

Not really. lol

I think youre just hoping that is what this means.

Holmes is still the clear cut #1. Every team has off nights, and Conner just played a heckuva game.

 

I'm not really hoping anything. I honestly think that Elliott would beat Holmes and I'm hoping they get the opportunity in Rupp :thumb:

From what I heard, Holmes played poorly and Dom had a bunch of turn-overs. Good win on an off night.

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13

I'm not really hoping anything. I honestly think that Elliott would beat Holmes and I'm hoping they get the opportunity in Rupp :thumb:

 

Easy, you might be eating those words come March.

Edited by mcpapa

Looks as if Holmes isn't as dominant as everyone thinks. Conner almost took them.. lol

Looks as if Holmes isn't as dominant as everyone thinks. Conner almost took them.. lol

 

Listen guys, Holmes is by far the best team in the 9th region and the #1 team in the state. This games only proves that Holmes can still win when they play a horrible game. Great teams can get these types of wins when they have an off night.

Looks as if Holmes isn't as dominant as everyone thinks. Conner almost took them.. lol

 

Holmes IS as dominant as everyone thinks. They are a high school basketball team, they're going to have games where they don't play as well as usual, but it's safe to say they are the best team in the state by far.

No team has steam rolled through their entire schedule...Holmes didn't play well vs. Seneca but won, and won vs. Conner. Margin of victory in December means nothing in late Feb. early March. Holmes is #1 right now IMO, a team doesn't have to win by 20 a night to impress people, the same goes for Elliott, just because they shoot poorly or play poorly which they will do at some point, they will still win the game, and I'm sure everyone will jump on the "they're-not-as-good" bandwagon.

 

I think we sometimes criticize or pamper teams too much from game to game. But I guess this is a message board created to do just that, huh?:laugh:

The cream always rises to the top! Great Game

Is Holmes supposed to steamroll everyone by 20+? Give me a break. Great teams find ways to win even on bad nights. Give Conner credit for battling and making this one close. At the end of the night the only stat that matters is the W.

 

Im sure Eta will give us the breakdown. I didnt get any texts from him tonight so I am guessing there weren't many dunks if any at all.

These types of games can only help them as the season goes on.

Holmes looked extremely leg weary tonight and they ran into a very good team who basically outplayed them, out-hustled them and wanted it more. The Bulldogs pulled it out because of superior talent, but make no mistake, Conner took it to them and is a very good team. I suspect they would dominate in the mountains (that was just for you know who). Conner came in with a solid game plan to run their offense inside out and they knocked down the shots that were there. Holmes fell into the three-pointer trap a few times but just weren't hitting those shots with any consistency. I thought Ricardo Johnson came up big at the end and steadied them in the final 4 minutes.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.