Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Coach at Walton?

Featured Replies

It is my understanding that Kyle Bennett has stepped down as the boys coach at Walton to become the AD at the school. Kyle is a great guy and I am sure he will do a great job. I have heard three names at this point from someone very close to the program, the favorite is Dan Trame who is currently the JV Girls coach, another possiblity would be Dan Sullivan but he would have to be willing to go back to the classroom and give up his asst. princ. job heard he is very interested but not sure the administration would make that move. Several people are very interested in trying to bring Steve Wright back from South Laurel. If I were a betting person I would put money on Danny Trame. Thoughts...

  • Replies 131
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people are very interested in trying to bring Steve Wright back from South Laurel.

 

No offense, but I would think there is a 0.01% chance of that happening. Wright just has too good of a thing going at South Laurel. He can annually win regional titles, and state titles aren't out of the realm of possibility. You can't do that at Walton.

  • Author
No offense, but I would think there is a 0.01% chance of that happening. Wright just has too good of a thing going at South Laurel. He can annually win regional titles, and state titles aren't out of the realm of possibility. You can't do that at Walton.

 

Agree totally, just passing on some wishful thinking...

I think there will be pretty good interest. Walton has probably the best 7th grade team in the state. They have a lot of talent in the underclassmen. Danny Trame would be a good fit, but I don't know his ties there. I would think going young would be the way to go.

Wow...didn't see this coming. I wish Kyle nothing but the best in the future. Have had the opportunity to deal with him on many occasions over the past 10 years or so. Nothing but class. You'll be missed Coach!

It is my understanding that Kyle Bennett has stepped down as the boys coach at Walton to become the AD at the school. Kyle is a great guy and I am sure he will do a great job. I have heard three names at this point from someone very close to the program, the favorite is Dan Trame who is currently the JV Girls coach, another possiblity would be Dan Sullivan but he would have to be willing to go back to the classroom and give up his asst. princ. job heard he is very interested but not sure the administration would make that move. Several people are very interested in trying to bring Steve Wright back from South Laurel. If I were a betting person I would put money on Danny Trame. Thoughts...

 

I think Dan Trame would be a very good choice. I cant see how Dan Sullivan would be able to do it, doesnt he coach like every team in 4th-7th grade. :D Either one would be a nice addition. I cant see Steve Wright coming back to NKY to coach the Bearcats as he has a nice situation down in SL and they have some nice young talent coming up down there as well.

I do know that former Holmes Coach Mike Flynn is back in the N.Ky area. Also heard he is wanting to Coach again.

It is my understanding that Kyle Bennett has stepped down as the boys coach at Walton to become the AD at the school. Kyle is a great guy and I am sure he will do a great job. I have heard three names at this point from someone very close to the program, the favorite is Dan Trame who is currently the JV Girls coach, another possiblity would be Dan Sullivan but he would have to be willing to go back to the classroom and give up his asst. princ. job heard he is very interested but not sure the administration would make that move. Several people are very interested in trying to bring Steve Wright back from South Laurel. If I were a betting person I would put money on Danny Trame. Thoughts...

 

Walton never appreciated Coach Bennet. They criticized and criticized. His team always performed well in the All 'A and outside the All 'A' he made it to the regional tournament several times and beat top teams in the area. Walton fans always complained about him though.

I do know that former Holmes Coach Mike Flynn is back in the N.Ky area. Also heard he is wanting to Coach again.

 

Last I saw that guy he was refereeing an 8th grade game for Holmes and he was just awful.

No offense, but I would think there is a 0.01% chance of that happening. Wright just has too good of a thing going at South Laurel. He can annually win regional titles, and state titles aren't out of the realm of possibility. You can't do that at Walton.

 

Oh, no offense at all taken for throwing the younger and very talented Bearcats from Walton under the bus. "You can't do that at Walton"? Maybe in the past that has been the case but I have seen these younger teams play and I understand they have built a development feeder program that is top notch. Careful what you say. If you ask me, contending for a regional championship is exactly what the Bearcats will be doing for the next several years. The only thing I agree with you on is your percentage rating of Wright coming back to Walton.

I do know that former Holmes Coach Mike Flynn is back in the N.Ky area. Also heard he is wanting to Coach again.

 

He is.

 

He does.

No offense, but I would think there is a 0.01% chance of that happening. Wright just has too good of a thing going at South Laurel. He can annually win regional titles, and state titles aren't out of the realm of possibility. You can't do that at Walton.

 

You got it. No way that Wright leaves SL for the WV job. The only job I know that tempted him several years ago was GRC and he turned that down to stay in Laurel County.

Last I saw that guy he was refereeing an 8th grade game for Holmes and he was just awful.

 

 

Probably why he wants to Coach.

I think there will be pretty good interest. Walton has probably the best 7th grade team in the state. They have a lot of talent in the underclassmen. Danny Trame would be a good fit, but I don't know his ties there. I would think going young would be the way to go.

 

WV is currently not looking outside the school. They are looking to fill from the current administration if possible. I have heard from a good source that Dan Trame will be offered the job, not sure if he wants it though.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.