Next Coach at Walton?

IMO they wouldn't have lost to Crosby. Just because Conner couldn't handle Crosby's pressure doesn't mean that Walton wouldn't have. FYI......I was at state, so I'm not just throwing darts either.

Three Rivers, IMO, is the only other 7th grade team in Northern Kentucky that would have played with Walton and i'm sure that would have been a good game.

It's actually Two Rivers, but I think the only 7th grade team that would have played with Walton in NKY is Turkeyfoot - they actually won the NKMSBL tournament. Two Rivers only has 1 or 2 players that could hang with Walton.

Also, didn't Moss win 7th grade state??? Why is Crosby being mentioned????

I've seen alot of guards from around KY and Walton defintely has one of, if not, the best 1-2 punch in McNeil and Moeves.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually Two Rivers, but I think the only 7th grade team that would have played with Walton in NKY is Turkeyfoot - they actually won the NKMSBL tournament. Two Rivers only has 1 or 2 players that could hang with Walton.

Also, didn't Moss win 7th grade state??? Why is Crosby being mentioned????

I've seen alot of guards from around KY and Walton defintely has one of, if not, the best 1-2 punch in McNeil and Moeves.

My bad, apparently I was typing to fast.

You're correct - Moss did with the 7th grade state and they had an excellent team. I believe Crosby was mentioned because they were the team that knocked Conner out of the tournament. Apparently there are a few people that seem to think that Conner was better than Walton even though Walton beat Conner twice. Conner had a good team but IMO, Walton would have beat them 9 out of 10 times.

Walton has a good 7th grade team, no debate here. Are they top 5 in the state, NO WAY!!! Crosby was brought up because they did not finish in the top 5, and IMO would have eaten Walton alive on the interior. Crosby, I believe lost to Moss by 4 (toughest game Moss had). So for SouthernKYHoops to say Walton is top 5 is just reaching big time. Like I said previously, Walton had a very good draw, and lost to the first quality team they played. Tell me what good team they beat prior to losing to Clinton??

And for you to say Two Rivers or Turkeyfoot would be the only team to challenge Walton is out there.............Conner beat both of these teams handily, and Walton eeked one out against Conner by 1 due to poor free throw shooting. So please don't tell me they would own them on a best of ten. Also, don't forget that basketball is much easier to win in middle school if you have a kid held back specifically for hoops.

I saw both games when Walton played Conner. At Conner on a smaller floor Walton was up the whole game. At Walton on a regulation size floor it wasn't even a game. Conner had 26 turn overs. Walton would beat Conner on a regulation size floor 9 out of 10 times.

Conner has no guard play! Can't handle pressure. As for the game against Clinton Co McNeil was played to much the game before and was wiped out. I've never seen McNeil have a game like that. He scored 6pts.

Walton has a good 7th grade team, no debate here. Are they top 5 in the state, NO WAY!!! Crosby was brought up because they did not finish in the top 5, and IMO would have eaten Walton alive on the interior. Crosby, I believe lost to Moss by 4 (toughest game Moss had). So for SouthernKYHoops to say Walton is top 5 is just reaching big time. Like I said previously, Walton had a very good draw, and lost to the first quality team they played. Tell me what good team they beat prior to losing to Clinton??

And for you to say Two Rivers or Turkeyfoot would be the only team to challenge Walton is out there.............Conner beat both of these teams handily, and Walton eeked one out against Conner by 1 due to poor free throw shooting. So please don't tell me they would own them on a best of ten. Also, don't forget that basketball is much easier to win in middle school if you have a kid held back specifically for hoops.

:deadhorse::deadhorse:

I am not throwing darts for darn sure, we beat them both, and both have quality teams. Conner has the advantage inside but Walton is a better team due to their teriffic guard play.

1. Moss

2. Crosby

3. Clinton

4. Johnson Central

5. Walton

6. Knox/Lincoln

Crosby and Moss were the two best, the next 6-8 were very close to even.

Conner would be in the 10-12 range IMO. They have a very good team as well, I think the big athletic kid is as good as WV's two guards. Three excellent players.

Walton has the best 7th grade backcourt in the state, period! They compliment each other extremely well and they were a first class bunch of kids, coaches and parents. Walton is in the 8th region and will be a state tournament contender for several years 2012-2017. The two little brothers can flat play as well.

Conner and Gray both have excellent 7th grade teams, NKY basketball looks good in the next few years.

That statement is worth a debate, and BTW.............it always helps to have a kid on your team that was held back specifically for basketball. Don't beat your drum to loudly, it might burst! :puke:

More kids than you think are held back a year specifically for sports in general.

Seriously, do you think Walton's 7th grade team is the only team in middle school basketball history to have a kid who was held back??? I would bet that if you have a child when they were in middle school, there was a hold back on that team. Better yet, when you were in middle school, there was a hold back on that team. Give it a rest......puhlease!

Out of all the posters in this forum, I would give Southernkyhoops the edge in evaluating 6th and 7th grade talent across the state! He's probably seen most if not all teams/players at those age levels....:thumb:

I am not throwing darts for darn sure, we beat them both, and both have quality teams. Conner has the advantage inside but Walton is a better team due to their teriffic guard play.

1. Moss

2. Crosby

3. Clinton

4. Johnson Central

5. Walton

6. Knox/Lincoln

Crosby and Moss were the two best, the next 6-8 were very close to even.

Conner would be in the 10-12 range IMO. They have a very good team as well, I think the big athletic kid is as good as WV's two guards. Three excellent players.

Walton has the best 7th grade backcourt in the state, period! They compliment each other extremely well and they were a first class bunch of kids, coaches and parents. Walton is in the 8th region and will be a state tournament contender for several years 2012-2017. The two little brothers can flat play as well.

Conner and Gray both have excellent 7th grade teams, NKY basketball looks good in the next few years.

I've seen alot of kids who completely dominated in the 7th/8th grade levels because they were more mature than others but by their junior/senior years, the others have caught up with them. It also takes more than two players. Don't crown them regional champs yet. Alot can happen between now and then and whoever they hire as a coach will play a major role.

I agree, but you you also know the kids that have it. You know, that little something you can't teach. I would bet the house these 2 will be exceptional high school players. While I don't think you could win the 9th with 2 exceptional players, I think you might win the 8th with 2 excellent guards and 3 or 4 solid players. I understand Walton has a good 9th grade class as well and we played their 6th grade bunch last year and they were very solid and the younger McNeil might be the best of all of them.