Everything posted by kyhoopsfan
-
Holmes off the court encounter.
Is anyone else besides me shocked that the KHSAA does not pay for state championship rings? (or at the very least subsidize them)
-
Tom Crean in Georgetown
Thought G was already headed to WKU??
-
Conner's Allison Long signs with Thomas More College
Hard work and dedication=payoff. Congrats to this fine young lady. Good Luck with your career at the next level.
-
Holmes subject of unfounded rumors
I can understand Ernst writing about something that is factual, but to write an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer about something he read on here is IMO not being a responsible journalist. There are alot of rumors on this website that never come to fruition, Ernst should have waited to see if the kid actually did transfer before putting that story out "there". If sports writers wrote about every rumor they heard, they would fill up an entire newspaper everyday.
-
Holmes 67 Central 63 (2OT)
I had to order mine at the booth. They said they would ship it in 5 days. Try giving them a call to see if you can get one. The company is Event Marketing and their no. is 772.408.5079 ext. 105. They had way to many youth sizes, and not nearly enough adult sizes. Somebody dropped the ball.
-
Holmes 67 Central 63 (2OT)
I have a question because I'm just curious.................One of Central's best players was Ridge Wilson (great name by the way). During the tournament, he wore number 42. When they started the Holmes game, he was wearing 13?? Can anyone tell me why? Then, during the game, he got blood on his jersey and had to change his jersey. The new jersey he put on was 42?? I am not sure what was going on here. Was this done to confuse Holmes? Also, I thought if you changed numbers during a game, it was a technical. Would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. As a side note, Ridge Wilson is a "MAN". When he and JJ were going for a loose ball, he pushed JJ aside like a stuffed animal, and JJ must have slid 20 feet. Being a UK fan, I can't wait to see him play linebacker for the CATS! BTW, Congrats to the Holmes Bulldogs. It was a great experience to be at that game. I predicted they would win it when I saw them man handle Scott Co. at the BOK center early on. They have a tremendous team. Great season gentleman.
-
Sweet 16 All Tournament Team
I have a question because I'm just curious.................One of Central's best players was Ridge Wilson (great name by the way). During the tournament, he wore number 42. When they started the Holmes game, he was wearing 13?? Can anyone tell me why? Then, during the game, he got blood on his jersey and had to change his jersey. The new jersey he put on was 42?? I am not sure what was going on here. Was this done to confuse Holmes? Also, I thought if you changed numbers during a game, it was a technical. Would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. As a side note, Ridge Wilson is a "MAN". When he and JJ were going for a loose ball, he pushed JJ aside like a stuffed animal, and JJ must have slid 20 feet. Being a UK fan, I can't wait to see him play linebacker for the CATS! BTW, Congrats to the Holmes Bulldogs. It was a great experience to be at that game. I predicted they would win it when I saw them man handle Scott Co. at the BOK center early on. They have a tremendous team. Great season gentleman.
-
Walton HC announcement
Time to bring the McNeil boy to Conner, and put him in his home district school. If the Dad is out??? Then I'm just sayin................????
-
Hiring Within
Believe it or not, most jobs are already filled (or they have a top candidate in mind) when the job is posted...................life is not fair.
-
Next Coach at Walton?
Walton has a good 7th grade team, no debate here. Are they top 5 in the state, NO WAY!!! Crosby was brought up because they did not finish in the top 5, and IMO would have eaten Walton alive on the interior. Crosby, I believe lost to Moss by 4 (toughest game Moss had). So for SouthernKYHoops to say Walton is top 5 is just reaching big time. Like I said previously, Walton had a very good draw, and lost to the first quality team they played. Tell me what good team they beat prior to losing to Clinton?? And for you to say Two Rivers or Turkeyfoot would be the only team to challenge Walton is out there.............Conner beat both of these teams handily, and Walton eeked one out against Conner by 1 due to poor free throw shooting. So please don't tell me they would own them on a best of ten. Also, don't forget that basketball is much easier to win in middle school if you have a kid held back specifically for hoops.
-
How has the Bank done so far?
Someone needs to give me some facts. I have heard lots of speculation, but no facts. I was told that the BOK floor is 94 ft. (college length). The Rupp floor size for high school is set at the regulation of 84 ft. Why did the BOK leave their floor size at 94 ft.? I think it should be adjusted to the HS regulation length of 84 ft. just as Rupp does. Is the BOK indeed at 94 ft.? If so, why?
-
Next Coach at Walton?
Respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree. They had a very easy draw at state, and lost to the first quality team they played. I really hope you don't they think they were better than Crosby...............IMO they lose to Crosby by 16-20. FYI..............I was at state, so I am not just throwing darts here.
-
Next Coach at Walton?
That statement is worth a debate, and BTW.............it always helps to have a kid on your team that was held back specifically for basketball. Don't beat your drum to loudly, it might burst! :puke:
-
Next Coach at Walton?
Did the 7th graders win the state championship? Dont think so. Didnt even make final four did they?
-
Boone County vs Highlands
I agree with you Rook. Gabbard's shot selection was not very good against BW. He kept driving, throwing up horrible shots (one went over the backboard), and hoping for a bailout from the refs. He needs to play within the team context instead of forcing.
-
BOK Center/9th Region Start times?
I agree with all of the other comments. Didn't have the atmosphere of past regionals. Perhaps it's because the games are not being played in the smaller high school venues and the noise level from the crowd was non-existent. I also missed the student sections (St. Henry had one) and the high school bands. My son got a sprite and paid $4.00 for it. The one thing I did like....................the seats were much more comfortable than the bleachers.
-
AAU Grade Exceptions???
Kentonman, you just hit a home run and made my point. Thank you!! I am not concerned about kids who started school late or had a different cutoff in kindergarten. Your post (in bold) is exactly what I am talking about. Being held back in middle school once you already know that your kid has talent. The parent goes on an ego trip, and wants to see their kid become dominant. That thought pattern is unsettling to be honest with you. Great post KM!
-
AAU Grade Exceptions???
I agree with you. About 1% of all high school players will compete at the D1 level. The odds are stacked against you big time. I just find it amazing how many people are caught up in winning at all cost. Hold your kids back, beat your chest, and be proud of your championships. My boys will always play hard regardless of the age disparity that exists. Does anyone on here realize that an AAU championship has never been won by a team without holdbacks? Wonder why???? :confused:
-
AAU Grade Exceptions???
If you want to hold your son back, it certainly is your right. You are right, this is America. But when these boys are ballin up on younger kids and using their age advantage to do it, please don't tell me how great they are until they ball up on boys in their own birth year. Some of these grade exceptions are two years older...............that is a huge advantage when you are between the ages of 10-15. Also, when you hold your kid back, please pay tuition so my tax dollars won't have to support your son for 13 years of schooling instead of 12.
-
AAU Grade Exceptions???
How about this as an option.....................Make D1 AAU the Grade Exception division. D2 could be the legitimate division (no holdbacks, strictly go by birth certificates and have apples vs. apples). I just find it to be very interesting how many parents/kids are on ego trips when they see their son dominate their AAU division and/or school league as a holdback. Seems like it's all about beating their chest and telling people where their son is "ranked" in the state. These kids should enjoy their glory now, because it all evens out in high school.
-
AAU Grade Exceptions???
Isn't it time for the AAU to abolish this silly rule? Why can't apples play apples instead of apples playing oranges on ego trips? Kids play Pop Warner football, can you imagine this rule if it existed in football?? There would be an uprising.............10 year old kids should be playing other 10's, and 12's should be playing 12's. If you wanted your kid to play "up", then that would be your prerogative. Stop the nonsense AAU.
-
Boone County 65 Ryle 50
Can somebody tell me why Popp's playing time has diminished dramatically?? He was a starter on his State Championship AAU team (Shining Stars), and he started for BC up until the Ballard game. After Ballard, his playing time has disappeared. ???????????????? Insight would be appreciated.:confused:
-
Boone vs. Ryle
Anybody got an update?
-
Holmes 64 Beechwood 43
Holmes looked very impressive tonight. Took BW out of their comfort zone. They will lock Boone up, and roll over everyone in the 9th. See ya in Rupp!
-
Any Ideas on regional winners in softball this year
The Catcher, Kaitlyn Williams, was a sophomore last year. Conner did start 4 8th graders last year though.