Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 64 Beechwood 43

Featured Replies

Final. Kind of quiet on the Holmes front!

  • Replies 87
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fully realizing my inability to fill certain shoes I'll go ahead and get it out there:

 

About what I expected.

The Bulldogs look like they are gearing up for the run. That is Beechwood's lowest point total of the season. I thought Beechwood would keep it a little closer than this, expecting perhaps a 12 point win or so for Holmes. Holmes defense went to work in the district games and that is what it will take to make a run at the state title.

The Bulldogs look like they are gearing up for the run. That is Beechwood's lowest point total of the season. I thought Beechwood would keep it a little closer than this, expecting perhaps a 12 point win or so for Holmes. Holmes defense went to work in the district games and that is what it will take to make a run at the state title.

 

 

Very true. as the old saying goes...Offense wins ballgames, Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

As far as my observation goes: Homes looked very very good at times and not so good at times. Way to many missed ft's and layups. This is not meant to be a knock on BW, but Holmes cannot miss that many gimme's against better Teams such as Boone Co and a few others in the regionals. Riley played very well as did the Johnson brothers. That was the first time I got to see BW play and all I can say is they had no legs by the middle of the 3rd gt. Not very deep I suppose. 23, 21, and 5 I believe were pretty good, but they were spent pretty early. That's it for me, I'll let ER take it from here.

 

And yes, the D was very good. But the O needs to pick it up. Not sure how bad the hand is still bothering Pittman, but he's not the same player I watched earlier in the year.

Solid win for the Dawgs. 2 down 7 to go. Where in the world is ETA?

Here are some numbers if interested.

 

Holmes

J Johnson - 15

Pittman - 11

Riley - 10

D Johnson - 7

R Johnson - 7

Housley - 7

Arnold - 7

 

BW

Romes - 13

Buettel - 11

Smith - 6

Schneider - 6

Fangman - 4

Pohlgeers - 3

Here are some numbers if interested.

 

Holmes

J Johnson - 15

Pittman - 11

Riley - 10

D Johnson - 7

R Johnson - 7

Housley - 7

Arnold - 7

 

BW

Romes - 13

Buettel - 11

Smith - 6

Schneider - 6

Fangman - 4

Pohlgeers - 3

 

Pretty balanced scoring for the Dawgs. Alot of weapons for them.

Took my son out to eat after the game right down the street. For all the non beleivers and the one who really don't think will shoot good enough, blah blah,blah,blah blah. I said it the other day. Holmes defense wins games PERIOD!!! :taz: If they play like they did in the districts. NO TEAM will score enough to win. :thumb:

I know. Does anyone know what happened with him? Please PM me.

 

Sounds like this was a statement game by the Bulldogs!

 

Def statement-wasn't even close they could have won by 30+. :thumb:

I did not think Beechwood would be able to keep it close. I knew this one would be a bigger loss in terms of points than the first. Beechwood scooted past CovCath barely, there was no way they could hang with the big dogs. Nice to see some balanced scoring from Holmes..

Holmes looked very impressive tonight. Took BW out of their comfort zone. They will lock Boone up, and roll over everyone in the 9th. See ya in Rupp!

Holmes looked very impressive tonight. Took BW out of their comfort zone. They will lock Boone up, and roll over everyone in the 9th. See ya in Rupp!

 

Congrats to Holmes on rolling Beechwood. The Tigers really don't match up very well with the Dawgs. Mark it down. Holmes will not roll everyone over in the 9th region tourney. They will have at least one close game. But, Holmes is the favorite. Regular season means nothing at this time.

Holmes looked very impressive tonight. Took BW out of their comfort zone. They will lock Boone up, and roll over everyone in the 9th. See ya in Rupp!

 

See ya march 21st at 8pm! :jump::D GO DOGS!!!

I wasn't there but from everyone I spoke with, this game was lopsided from the start and Holmes could have beaten Beechwood as bad as they wanted too. JJ had 15points, 11 Reb's and captured the 35 district tounament MVP. Holmes D is suffacating people right now and that is what they need to make a run. IF they can play D with this intensity from here on out they will be very tough to beat. We all know how they tend to get complaciant and seem like they are not focused, if they can avoid that, watch out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.