How has the Bank done so far?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to be interesting to see the crowds on Sunday. With both the 9th and 10 playing their semi final games that day, I think you are going to see some nice crowds.

I agree but probably won't be pictures of those crowds, pressure on staff to get my camera shut down. Go figure.

It is going to be interesting to see the crowds on Sunday. With both the 9th and 10 playing their semi final games that day, I think you are going to see some nice crowds.

The 10th Region Semis are Monday night.

Since I am not familiar with all of the 9th Region teams playing in the tournament, I would like to see a program for sale with the players names and numbers available. I'm sure that the majority of local Northern Kentucky fans attending 10th Region games are not familiar with our teams and players.

I would also like to see the scoreboard post the players' numbers, points, and personal fouls. The board has that capability - it's just not being utilized.

Since I am not familiar with all of the 9th Region teams playing in the tournament, I would like to see a program for sale with the players names and numbers available. I'm sure that the majority of local Northern Kentucky fans attending 10th Region games are not familiar with our teams and players.

I would also like to see the scoreboard post the players' numbers, points, and personal fouls. The board has that capability - it's just not being utilized.

I love the idea of the program. Doesn't the host typically do that anyway? Surely it can't be too difficult.

The scoreboard is one of the coolest things about the arena. The HS games aren't going to fill up the seats, so let everyone enjoy the scoreboard. I agree that utilizing the scoreboard to its fullest is a must.

I love the idea of the program. Doesn't the host typically do that anyway? Surely it can't be too difficult.

The scoreboard is one of the coolest things about the arena. The HS games aren't going to fill up the seats, so let everyone enjoy the scoreboard. I agree that utilizing the scoreboard to its fullest is a must.

I am more than willing to do that for everyone and put in the extra effort but something in the system is not letting me do it. Me and a friend of mine think we might know what it is but getting it done is another thing. If we get it done you'll see it up on the boards as soon as I can get it.

I too think things should be used to their fullest but when a computerized system won't work for you, there isn't much you can do right away.

Absolutely love the arena. A first rate facility and a jewel for the community. Really kind of a neat thing that "we got it" when you think about it. I really think that our legislators who got this thing built had in mind that events like this would be held here.

I have a feeling that the place will be rocking once you get past the first round games. If you think about it, there are lots of games at Rupp and Diddle in the Sweet 16 first round that lack atmosphere-however you want to define that. A game in an arena is going to feel different but it is definitely the place to hold these games. Lighting is fantastic, seating very comfy, awesome sound system, lots of room to not be on top of each other- definitely worth the extra $2 over what we had before.

My two criticisms, 1. too many people with headphones and radios walking around looking for something to happen/fuss about. There were about 3 security types watching the Cru student section like they smuggled in who knows what. 2. get the bands in the stands if you want more atmosphere.

After the tourney is over, someone needs to have a debrief session and rework a few things but I have to believe in a couple of years that there won't even be a debate.

I would love to hear what the players who have participated in the tourney think.

I don't think the BOK management wants to be in the high school basketball business, because there just isn't any (or enough) money in it for them. Purely an assumption on my part, but I think they were kind of forced to accept the initial agreements based on all the conjecture that got the arena built. It was suppossed to be a showplace for all of NKY, and events such as this would be great fits there. Seems as though they (arena mangement) bit the bullet and are hosting, but not being very neighborly about it. Again, just my assumption, but they seem pretty bent on squeezing every dollar they can get out of the people whose taxes built the arena.

And it's been my experience that whoever is training these ushers or whatever they are, is using the old Cincinnati Reds approach from the Riverfront Stadium days. Horrible PR move on their part. Sell the arena, be friendly and helpful until you absolutely CAN't be anymore. If you can't do that, go get a job that doesn't involve dealing with the paying public.

That said, I think the BOK is a great facility, and an asset to both the university and the region in general. I hope the management group running the facility works hard to allow it to be the gem it could be. I fear greed will prevent that from happening.

I am more than willing to do that for everyone and put in the extra effort but something in the system is not letting me do it. Me and a friend of mine think we might know what it is but getting it done is another thing. If we get it done you'll see it up on the boards as soon as I can get it.

I too think things should be used to their fullest but when a computerized system won't work for you, there isn't much you can do right away.

Not working is one thing - simply not utilizing it is another, so we'll give you a "get out of jail free card" on this one.

Only problem is that it hasn't worked all week. One night is excusable, all week tells me maybe nobody is doing anything to fix the problem.

Thanks for your efforts SMH.