How has the Bank done so far?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$8.00 is pretty steep for a high school game IMO. Yes it's a great place to watch a game but how many students have that kind of money.

At the Fieldhouse in Mason Co ( 10th region) you paid $5.00 for one game. Then they cleared the arena...you had to wait , then pay $5.00 to attend the second game....so $8.00 for one night is better than what we have paid in the past.

I am really looking forward to attending the games and seeing the new arena on Saturday.

At the Fieldhouse in Mason Co ( 10th region) you paid $5.00 for one game. Then they cleared the arena...you had to wait , then pay $5.00 to attend the second game....so $8.00 for one night is better than what we have paid in the past.

I am really looking forward to attending the games and seeing the new arena on Saturday.

I hope to be there on Monday night or Tuesday.

If Mason Co makes it.

I loved it. Very comfortable place to actually watch a game, which is why I attend the game. No doubt that with most of the seats empty it lacked the feel last night of a regional high school game. But I'll gladly forego that for having a great seat to watch the game. I'd expect and hope the place to be more crowded as the tourny progresses. I didn't experience any problem with the "security" folks.

I will admit that the $8 cost probably does keep some students away however.

Since I am not familiar with all of the 9th Region teams playing in the tournament, I would like to see a program for sale with the players names and numbers available. I'm sure that the majority of local Northern Kentucky fans attending 10th Region games are not familiar with our teams and players.

I would also like to see the scoreboard post the players' numbers, points, and personal fouls. The board has that capability - it's just not being utilized.

Didn't the Maysville newspaper put out a preview of the 10th region tourney that served as the program as well? I seem to remember this as being very well done.

I thought it was great. It gave the teams a chance to play in a college arena and made the tournament a step above playing in another high school gym. I think the crowds looked smaller because the arena holds so many more people.

I agree on one thing, no pep bands were at our game. That would have added a lot to the atmosphere.

I would also be interested in hearing what the players and coaches have to say.

I have been to two of the three night so far and these are my thoughts.

Pluses......

Great place to watch a game. Seats are great, sight line are outstanding. I haven't had any problems with the staff but then again I am a old guy, so they tend to treat me differently. BOKC is indeed a easy place to get into and out of, parking isn't a problem and it is indeed free. From the kids I have spoken to, they love playing their and to me at least, that's the most important thing.

Negatives......

Scoreboard, Statsman and I have talked and he is indeed doing his best but......the SMG group needs to get it fixed by someone other than a college student. The people who made the thing need to be contacted to get it working. No stats given out by the announcers at halftime nor after the games. The announcer seems to be bored to be there and I don't think knows one team over another. The announcer also offer no excitment to a great play, or even to the game (ie the Rupp announcer who is outstanding for the KHSAA or even the announcer that did the Ninth games last year). Food and drink prizes are far too high, even compared to a Reds game. I just don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that NKU nor the SMG people really give a rats that we as fans are there at all, and in my case it's going to cost them, as my gut feeling is I won't attend any other event at the BOKC because why should I spend any money there when they don't seem to care/cater to their customers....

On the other hand, it isn't the SMG fault that the students are starying away in droves, but then again they (meaning the students) haven't excatly been attending many sporting events at their schools either this year. Was sitting next to a lady and her (my guess) freshmen son who attend the game, and the young man did nothing but text throughout the game to friends. He couldn't have watched a minute of the game, and when I realized who one of the kids he was texting (it was the kid sitting behind him) I just couldn't beleive it.

Hopefully someone be it Ryan Ernst, the ICN6 people, WXIX, or any one of the meany media outlets puts some heat on the SMG people, by asking some tough quesions. This is a tax payer fininaced building, that was sold to the Commonwealth as a Community Events Center and it can't be any more community event, then a High School sporting event. At least to me, it shows how wonderful the good people at the Champion Window Field and Florence Freedom were to the ninth region and it's baseball fans. BOKC could learn a HUGE lesson from those people on how to treat their guest.....

It is a geat facility...but "zero" atmosphere. Where are all the students or do they just not go to games anymore. No Pep Bands...except for Ryle's girls game. I say take it back to the high school's. Maybe it will be better for the 10th boys.

I am surprised by the so few fans! I know it is a long drive for us here in Winchester but I expect there to be more GRC fans making the drive than what are in the pictures from that game!

I am more than willing to do that for everyone and put in the extra effort but something in the system is not letting me do it. Me and a friend of mine think we might know what it is but getting it done is another thing. If we get it done you'll see it up on the boards as soon as I can get it.

I too think things should be used to their fullest but when a computerized system won't work for you, there isn't much you can do right away.

Just curious has it worked at every NKU game this year?

$8.00 might be a little steep for a student, but tickets were $10.00 at EKU for the All A and I'm sure they're at least that at Rupp for the State Tournament. Most kids spend $2.00 a day on pop. Paying $2.00 more to play at NKU is worth it. You don't need to get to the game an hour early to get a seat and for that matter a parking spot. NKU is alot more accessable than either Conner or Holmes. Sure the food is expensive, they have to pay workers, they're not volunteers like the high school concessions are. Let's not ruin a good thing just because it's not perfect. It's their first year, let's give them a chance.

Mrs. Sunrise, you will make up more than the difference in cost through the concession stands, gas money, and whatever way you decide to spend money for your trips. The $5.00 you state above you spent per game at the fieldhouse will be nickle and dimes compared to what your about to embark on. No way the :popcorn: is any better or cheaper, thank ya:sssh:

Mrs. Sunrise, you will make up more than the difference in cost through the concession stands, gas money, and whatever way you decide to spend money for your trips. The $5.00 you state above you spent per game at the fieldhouse will be nickle and dimes compared to what your about to embark on. No way the :popcorn: is any better or cheaper, thank ya:sssh:

Just stating facts. Saving money on food...not really. In Mason Co you were forced to wait to get back in, so most would go out to eat between sessions, and not eat at the conession stands.

My first trip to BOK. Arena is very nice, clean with accessible walkways and hand rails down to seats, which are very comfortable. Had no issue with the ushers, security or anything else, other than they didn't seem very enthused. There was no atmosphere at all. Few kids because the ticket prices are WAY too high for students. Should be $5 max for students. No bands, not sure if they weren't allowed or had to pay their own way, but they were sorely missed. PA announcer mispronounced about half the names, a definite no-no. Music was good but it was played over some of the cheerleading routines.

Personally, I'd rather have it at a place where the kids can get wrapped up in the atmosphere. There were times when it was so quiet you could actually hear the basketball bounce on the floor.

Hopefully BOK can get the problems fixed and turn the event into a showcase for Northern Kentucky and the State.

Just stating facts. Saving money on food...not really. In Mason Co you were forced to wait to get back in, so most would go out to eat between sessions, and not eat at the conession stands.

Guarantee you will spend more money this weekend Mrs. Sunrise, you can state all you want. Gas, meals, concessions will total more than your trips to the fieldhouse. To some this expense probably isn't a big concern, to others(majority) I would say it really would hurt a family.