How has the Bank done so far?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of the 9th region I really enjoyed watching the game between Clark Co. and Mason Co. Both schools brought a great group of fans and it created a "state tournament" like atmosphere which only got me even more excited for Rupp. Nice games last night. I hope that the 9th and 10th can collaborate again down the road.

The tenth does have an agreement that the next time they play a double header with the 9th, they get prime time.

Sort a wonder how you have an agreement with someone (Ninth and Tenth) when one of the party doesn't even have a contract to play at the BOKC in the near or distance future? And why should the Ninth agree to such a thing, if the tenth is only going to play once every four years or so when the BOKC will be the home of the Ninth Region Championships! It's just doesn't make sense.....

Sort a wonder how you have an agreement with someone (Ninth and Tenth) when one of the party doesn't even have a contract to play at the BOKC in the near or distance future? And why should the Ninth agree to such a thing, if the tenth is only going to play once every four years or so when the BOKC will be the home of the Ninth Region Championships! It's just doesn't make sense.....

I agree. I liked having the 10th play first. We got to stay and watch the first half of the 9th region and still got home by 11:00.

I would like to see 2 things changed.

1. Designated Seating for the schools. Fans were spread out in all sections.

2. Allow fans and students to go on the floor when their team wins the championship game. There was still alot of time between games for this to be done.

Other than that I thought having the 2 regional finals together was a huge success.:thumb:

Maybe the people in the 10th have a better negotiator than those in the 9th. It was my understanding that part of this deal that the 37th included a widow of time for the 38th to come back if all parties agreed. Since Mustang has a connection to Campbell County maybe he can confirm that for us!!

I agree. I liked having the 10th play first. We got to stay and watch the first half of the 9th region and still got home by 11:00.

I would like to see 2 things changed.

1. Designated Seating for the schools. Fans were spread out in all sections.

2. Allow fans and students to go on the floor when their team wins the championship game. There was still alot of time between games for this to be done.

Other than that I thought having the 2 regional finals together was a huge success.:thumb:

I am like you but think the game could have been at 6:30 and still had enough time to celebrate the winner.

The atmosphere last night for both regional finals was electric. I was skeptical in the quarters and semis because of the lack of attendance, but last night made the whole tourney worth it. I'm still amazed that NKU has a facility like that. Thank goodness for earmarks, eh Mitch McConnell? hehe ;-)

I tremendously enjoyed the games and the experience. Prices @ concession stand were compared to the ones @ HS's. However, you expect it @ a place like the BANK!

Honestly, I love the regional @ Mason County, I am a traditionalist! However, the BANK did a great job hosting the regional and I enjoyed it more then last yer @ Montgomery County.

Hats off to Superintendent Anthony Strong of Campbell County, in the end it all worked out!

I agree! Plus if I am a fan of the 10th, I think I would rather play the early game as I would get back home earlier, people that WANT to show up WILL! If the 10th's game was the second game then some will be complaining that the game started too late and they got home too late, it never ends. I don't see how some think that they were "a warm up act" for the 9th? That's ridiculous! I suppose that next weeks game at 6:30 PM a warm up for the 8 PM game too?

I spoke to a couple of the Mason players after their game and they had no problem with the start time, as they also got to stick around after they won and watch the entire 9th title game, it's a good thing having your mind clear not having to think about your game that night, and just relax and watch a possible opponent for next week.

I think next year the BOK will be even better, as they know they can draw the crowd, they will tweak a few things by then. I also think the 10th did a better job! Hopefully the 9th takes a few things from the 10th, and if they are at the BOK together in the future, that they work together on a few things.

Possibly a 6:30 start time for the first game? And possibly start the second game 45 mins after the first one ends? I have said all along have the first 4 or 5 rows reserved/premium seating, general admission for the rest of the seats, just designate home and visitor sides. If there is a double header again for the finals, then each school gets a section of reserved seating, if no double header then go the GA route for the finals as well. Some halftime and in between game contests for students of the schools competing would be nice, like they have at Rupp. But again, they will work on this for next year and it will be even better.

You are not going to get a bigger venue to let fans on the court after a game, yes a few come on to Rupp's floor after the post game presentations, but that is a bit after the end of the game, and it's mostly just family and a few friends that stay. The fans wanting to celebrate with the team can go behind the benches or in the end zone and the players can come over to them. Those floors are just too expensive to start letting 100s of people come down and walk on them.

Maybe the people in the 10th have a better negotiator than those in the 9th. It was my understanding that part of this deal that the 37th included a widow of time for the 38th to come back if all parties agreed. Since Mustang has a connection to Campbell County maybe he can confirm that for us!!

Mr. Strong's office informs me that there is an option for the 38th to come back if the tournament did well, and if the BOKC felt that it could offer the same package in the future.

The 9th Region did agree that in the event there would be another doubleheader, they would take the early game and the 10th would get the late game.

At this point it is basically a gentlemen's agreement between the organizers.