How has the Bank done so far?

I saw the article in the Enquire this morning. I thought it was nice of Kim Banta to purchase the tickets from the water vending machine proceeds and give them to the students/faculty.

Do you have a link to the article? I would like to read it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person controlling the music during timeouts needs to get better. At one point last night the Birds inbounded the ball and brought it up the court and got into their set and the music was still blaring. That was terrible. Then you throw in the gaffe at the scorers table. I love the atmosphere and comfort but starting the Highlands game early was wrong as well.

How much were the Chicken finger and fries baskets? Those things looked like they could feed an army.

At the Fieldhouse in Mason Co ( 10th region) you paid $5.00 for one game. Then they cleared the arena...you had to wait , then pay $5.00 to attend the second game....so $8.00 for one night is better than what we have paid in the past.

I am really looking forward to attending the games and seeing the new arena on Saturday.

Except the students and most fans didn't stay for the 2nd game. They paid $5 for their team's game.

I find it VERY odd that the $1.6 MILLION Daktronics scoreboard at the BOK isn't completely working? And it's only less than what? 6 months old? And NKU or the BOK can't get Daktronics to fix it? Something is wrong with that picture.

Again it will only work when a computer is hooked up to it running running the program called StatCrew. That is how the scoreboard system is setup. There is no way that either myself or the SMG folks can disable it. I've tried telling everyone this but it seems to have not gotten through to everyone I guess.

I think they should make it all general admission. Assigned seating just doesn't work for an event like this. Or have a section for premium assigned seating and the rest as general admission.

All the complaining aside on any issues how about the fact that there is an awesome Arena sitting in Highland Heights right now. It is very impressive. I think back to driving down Nunn Drive in the mid 90's to college and how desolate that area looked and now it is just amazing. The fact that the kids get to play the Region there will definitely help them downstate.

Again it will only work when a computer is hooked up to it running running the program called StatCrew. That is how the scoreboard system is setup. There is no way that either myself or the SMG folks can disable it. I've tried telling everyone this but it seems to have not gotten through to everyone I guess.

So hook a computer up and use it. It looks ridiculous not being used. Im sure they could find someone on the sidelines to handle that task.

I think everything is improving nightly at the BOK. Last night was three times as good as the night before in every way. Atmosphere, fans, etc,. Everyone at the facility is adapting, and I think that is great. Like was stated before-this is for the kids. NKU is not used to seeing this many folks attend games.

I think they should make it all general admission. Assigned seating just doesn't work for an event like this. Or have a section for premium assigned seating and the rest as general admission.

Were you required to sit in your assigned seat? We just went in an sat anywhere we wanted.

So hook a computer up and use it. It looks ridiculous not being used. Im sure they could find someone on the sidelines to handle that task.

The program for doing the stats is not an easy one to throw someone into the fire with. As I have said before, there were people willing to do it if they didn't have obligations with the NKU athletic teams. My boss, who has handled the live stats for the KHSAA State Volleyball tournament, is flying out with the NKU softball team to cover their games.

Please understand that if I had the power to do so, I would make everything go up on the scoreboard but there simply isn't anyone else around here besides myself that has the ability to work the games and that knows how to use the stat program. I just don't see how people don't get that I am trying everything in my power to attempt to accomodate every issue that I have heard about on here, but I can only do so much with this stuff and handle classes and another job as well. Heck I have to come straight to the BOKC tonight after working two NKU baseball games and I am even cancelled my spring break trip to work these HS games.

I attended the 8pm last night and have been to several other events at the BOK. It is a great facility and it is wonderful that the players have been given this opportunity.

I was dissapointed in some of the planning. I bring several students and also sit with a number of adults, generally in the cheer section (since our cheer section is generally lacking). Our tickets were in the general seating section with the Ryle cheer section and both bands. That was not so much of an issue as there weren't many students. However, when our cheerleaders came in they were made to go to the far other end of the court:idunno: which did not make sense. With 3 minutes left before the start of the game, we packed up and headed to the other end to be with the cheerleaders (which then left our band at the other end):irked:. Seemed like some poor planning with this detail.

I also was under the impression that we could purchase tickets for the next round of games right after our game. With money in hand, we quickly discovered that the tickets windows were locked up tight. Other folks had the same impression. Guess we will have to head over earlier than planned on Sunday and hope for no lines.