How has the Bank done so far?

Had a GREAT time watching all 4 games today, sitting next to TheOldGuy (Nice meeting you).

Nice that the 10th sold programs, as well as t-shirts. Very nice turnout all day. Nice atmosphere.

Nice meeting you also......:thumb:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched 4 high school games for $8 = $2 per game.

Had the chicken basket $ 7.00

3 softdrinks, $12

That appears to be about $27.00

I think that I had the pleasure olf listening to about 5 tremendous high school bands, (music programs must be more dedicated in the 10th). I saw two cinderalla's (Deming and ST Pat) make the big giants wonder what the heck was going on with the game. Game three between Mont. and Harrison was proabablly the best nailbitter I had seen all year. I even got to see the defending State Champion beat a team that I have got to wonder how in the heck they beat Campbell County. (Oh I remember they didn't get any better after Christmas.)

Did not go to a 9th game, but I got to tell you that it appears for the most part Campbell County did an outstanding job for their first time hosting a regional boys tourney.

Congrats to Campbell County and BOK Center.

:thumb:

Very nice facility. Great seats. I did not avail myself of any of the concessions; went to Ruby Tuesday's afterward. Should have gone to LaRosas.

I got our tickets last week at Kroger (they asked if I wanted the Mason County or the St. Patrick section); however, several Brossart fans were also seated in that section. To their credit, most of them stuck it out; even after being down 33-2.

Again, a great facility. But no atmosphere or excitement for a high-school basketball game - at least not a first round regional tournament game. I figure this will improve for the semis and the finals.

I purchased all of my tickets last Sunday at the BOKC, and I was never asked whose section I wanted to sit in! I just wonder if some folks at Kroger were trying to do something that they really had no right to do.

BTW who makes the atmosphere the building or the fans/crowds? Really to me at least all the games except the BB vs Mason were full of fans screaming, yelling bands playing and full of exciting moments. I must say, I had a ball.....

Yes it was, great place for the regional tourneys. Only thing....I got lost in the parking lots....:ohbrother::lol: Somehow ended on the top floor at the parking garage...where the man told me to park...only car up there..:lol:

I forgot where I parked at the Florence Mall a couple of months ago. All is good :thumb:

Didn't have quite the atmosphere of the Fieldhouse or even Montgomery County, but considering everything we heard coming in, I thought they did a nice job.

I personally went with the chicken basket (and a couple brews) from Buffalo Wild Wings down the road but that's my own little protest to there not being a hospitality room.

All in all, I would have preferred to, you know, be able to see the game from the media table, but other than that, I thought everybody did a darn fine job considering the high expectations.

But who makes the atmosphere the building or the fans/crowds? Really to me at least all the games except the BB vs Mason were full of fans screaming, yelling bands playing and full of exciting moments. I must say, I had a ball.....

I agree... everyone talks about atmosphere..it is the fans and teams that make it. I know our band was not there today, but hope they will be there Monday. I feel the bands make a huge difference in the atmosphere of the games.

It looked like a lot a wasted space for a high school game. It was the first time I ever saw someone have to throw M&M's out a purse to get in a ballgame. I too felt like a criminal. I'm glad I had my certs in my pocket. I wonder if any other school other than Mason will be able to sell split the pot tickets next year? I noticed that Campbell Co kids were doing it this year.

Didn't have quite the atmosphere of the Fieldhouse or even Montgomery County, but considering everything we heard coming in, I thought they did a nice job.

I personally went with the chicken basket (and a couple brews) from Buffalo Wild Wings down the road but that's my own little protest to there not being a hospitality room.

All in all, I would have preferred to, you know, be able to see the game from the media table, but other than that, I thought everybody did a darn fine job considering the high expectations.

From a fan's perspective (not media), I agree.

And good call earlier re. the game. I figured it would be much closer. Maybe Mason County needs a couple weeks off between every game.

It looked like a lot a wasted space for a high school game. It was the first time I ever saw someone have to throw M&M's out a purse to get in a ballgame. I too felt like a criminal. I'm glad I had my certs in my pocket. I wonder if any other school other than Mason will be able to sell split the pot tickets next year? I noticed that Campbell Co kids were doing it this year.

I think Campbell was doing it because they were hosting the tournament according to the program.

$8.00 might be a little steep for a student, but tickets were $10.00 at EKU for the All A and I'm sure they're at least that at Rupp for the State Tournament. Most kids spend $2.00 a day on pop. Paying $2.00 more to play at NKU is worth it. You don't need to get to the game an hour early to get a seat and for that matter a parking spot. NKU is alot more accessable than either Conner or Holmes. Sure the food is expensive, they have to pay workers, they're not volunteers like the high school concessions are. Let's not ruin a good thing just because it's not perfect. It's their first year, let's give them a chance.

Yes they are.