How has the Bank done so far?

I've been there for two days this week and during the BLuegrass/Buckeye Classic in December. I'll return on Friday and will be there for the rest of the tournaments. Here's my impressions.

As Theoldguy stated, it would be nice to have someone do stats. I'm sure they have it for NKU.

The staff is not used to high school ball. They are still learning as they go along. They have come to me for some suggestions to implement during the tournament as it goes along. I think that as it goes, that you may see some things change. Maybe not.

Everyone has been very nice and has been great to work with. Just wish there were more folks in the seats. As they nights go on the crowds will grow, IMO.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guarantee you will spend more money this weekend Mrs. Sunrise, you can state all you want. Gas, meals, concessions will total more than your trips to the fieldhouse. To some this expense probably isn't a big concern, to others(majority) I would say it really would hurt a family.

Yes it will cost more for the Mason Co fans as they are used to having the tourney on their home turf. Welcome to our world of having to travel to the regional games, and spending gas money. :D

Yes it will cost more for the Mason Co fans as they are used to having the tourney on their home turf. Welcome to our world of having to travel to the regional games, and spending gas money. :D

I am speaking of you, and for me, it won't cost me a thing:walk::clap::dancingpa As far as the Mason fans are concerned, the trip is shorter for us as for you guys.:dancingpa:lol:

I am speaking of you, and for me, it won't cost me a thing:walk::clap::dancingpa As far as the Mason fans are concerned, the trip is shorter for us as for you guys.:dancingpa:lol:

But still much longer that having it on your home court.:thumb:

Just curious has it worked at every NKU game this year?

It worked for almost every game for NKU....we had to unplug it for a couple games because it was crashing our stat computers.

The reason why it did work for the NKU games is because one of our sports information directors were running the stat computer with a program called StatCrew, which is what the system recognizes for the stats on the scoreboard. It is hard to explain to someone that doesn't know the entire situation but like I said it had caused some problems with the stat computer and our main focus, as in the sports information department, was to get the stats right for ourselves, the opposing school, and for the media first and foremost instead of put them on the board.

With all of that being said, if we had anyone that wasn't traveling with one of the NKU teams this weekend, they would have been more than willing to have been contracted to do the stats and have them up on the board. One of my bosses is traveling to the University of Southern Indiana for the GLVC men's basketball tournament while the other is leaving tomorrow to go to Kissimmee, Fla., with the NKU softball team.

I am stilling trying to figure out what to do with it and I think I have figured out what the issue is as to why its not letting the scoreboard operator not be able to do it, so I will let the proper people over at the BOKC know so they can contact Daktronics to try to figure something out as soon as possible.

But still much longer that having it on your home court.:thumb:

Mason County proved last year that they could win it away from their home court, again the better team wins despite. Oh there is that:deadhorse::clap:

BOK is like a new highway....It take time to take a new route.

I think BOK will come around and be the place to go in the furture for high school basketball.

But this region must offer more acivties (festival Like atmospere), this can become the March Madness of NKY. :)

I made this post on a different thread, but I think it applies here also. The second game last night, scheduled for 8pm started at 7:45pm. The reason was that the timer, our good friend Statsmanhemsley, was told to put 20 minutes up following the conclusion of the previous game.

In a two game set this is not a major issue. However, I believe that if the game is scheduled and publicized as 8pm as in the official BOKC/SMG Press Release it should start at that time for the purpose of folks attending only that game and also to adhere to scheduled broadcast times.

NOW, let's talk about Saturday, when four games are scheduled.

Let's assume that they put twenty minutes on the clock following the conclusion of the previous game and the games play out as they did last night. The 10am goes on time, the 12Noon game goes at 11:45am, the 2pm game now goes at 1:30pm and the 4pm game tips-off at 3:15pm.

Do you see where this might be a problem??????

At least on Saturday they need to stick to the scheduled game times, for better or worse.

I made this post on a different thread, but I think it applies here also. The second game last night, scheduled for 8pm started at 7:45pm. The reason was that the timer, our good friend Statsmanhemsley, was told to put 20 minutes up following the conclusion of the previous game.

In a two game set this is not a major issue. However, I believe that if the game is scheduled and publicized as 8pm as in the official BOKC/SMG Press Release it should start at that time for the purpose of folks attending only that game and also to adhere to scheduled broadcast times.

NOW, let's talk about Saturday, when four games are scheduled.

Let's assume that they put twenty minutes on the clock following the conclusion of the previous game and the games play out as they did last night. The 10am goes on time, the 12Noon game goes at 11:45am, the 2pm game now goes at 1:30pm and the 4pm game tips-off at 3:15pm.

Do you see where this might be a problem??????

At least on Saturday they need to stick to the scheduled game times, for better or worse.

Again I agree with you and you hit on some valid points.

Again a post from a different thread that applies here.

I think that for students (and many oldsters) the $8 admission price is a deterrent, regardless of how many games you are getting to see, and how comfortable the seats are. The other negative is that tickets are not being sold on-site at the participating team's high school. We seem to be putting an exuse in place for students/fans not to attend. Our (Brossart) students will turn out en masse given a fair shake and a reasonable deal, but I also remember playing in the Cintas Center, The Shoe, and even Regents Hall, where premium (or perceived to be premium) prices were charged, and only the most passionate students showed up.

Share money seems to have driven the cost of the admission this year at the BOKC. While it is lucrative for the region or participating schools it does not equate to large fan-friendly crowds.

I would suggest (probably wishful thinking) that in the future, ticket prices be reduced to $5 per session and then following the completion of the tournament count up the profits and THEN establish share money. I think the organizers might be pleasantly surprised with the result.

Mason County proved last year that they could win it away from their home court, again the better team wins despite. Oh there is that:deadhorse::clap:

No disrespect meant here, but are several Mason Co fans really going to complain throughout the whole tournament? :deadhorse:

Again, let's be thankful that the KIDS have this opportunity to play in a great facility to help prepare them for what will hopefully be a state title run. Nobody is forcing us to pay to go to these games. We do it out of love for the sport and because of our dedication to these young men that provide us excitement for 2 hours by giving it their all to accomplish every young athlete's dream...winning a state title. Nothing is going to be perfect, regardless of where the tournament is held, so let's just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts, rather than continually focusing on the negatives.

We can complain about this or that until the cows come home, but I can guarantee you if you ask these young men, they'll tell you they wouldn't have it any other way. We have to remember what's best for them, is what's most important right now...not our personal wants and needs.

I will wait until after the finals to possibly get too critical. 9th region first round games in recent years seem to have very few fans anyway, and in a 6,000 seat lower arena it looks worse.

Atmosphere? Students can create their own atmosphere! Beechwood had an ok student section in size, St. Henry's was a bit larger and a little more active. I still find it hard to believe that a school the size of Boone had such a small student section, as well as a sports rich school such as Highlands. If all the students had as much enthusiasm as those three students from Highlands cheering, there is your atmosphere!

Don't blame the couple of extra dollars for tickets, that's not the reason, there was a thread about the lack of student support before this week even started. I'm willing to bet that a school such as Brossart will have a large student section, not sure how many any of the other 10th region teams will bring.

Food prices? Get the chicken tender basket, more food than you ever expect, lol. 6 pieces of chicken and a very large amount of fries, only $7! These won't be prices you see at HS venues, but they aren't going to drop the prices of items based on the events, These prices are in line with Cintas and they have been holding OHSAA tourneys for years and it's a great place to watch a HS tourney.

Parking is very good, although you may leave a few minutes earlier in case you get caught up in student traffic (Cracks me up about how many people have no clue on how to use a roundabout, lol)

I'll give Statman one more night, lol, JK. But the management group should be getting someone to help fix it.

I agree with the PA announcer statement, I used to do it at Cov Holy Cross a few years back, and you have to at least put some enthusiasm into it. If this guy doesn't want to do that, my voice should be back by Sunday, heck I'll do if, lol.

No one said the first year for anything is easy, after this year new ideas about how to make it better next year will be used, many ideas we here on BGP already asked for weeks and months ago. I just hope that they use these ideas, I wonder how much is actually in the host committees hands? The BOK "may" not be in charge of everything, one thing being start times.

As some have stated, it's about the players, I have talked to some and they love having the region at NKU! If most feel that way, then that is all that matters.

Wasn't talking about Mason's team last year. We were discussing the price of the tourney tickets, gas, traveling and food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRESSROW viewpost.gif
Guarantee you will spend more money this weekend Mrs. Sunrise, you can state all you want. Gas, meals, concessions will total more than your trips to the fieldhouse. To some this expense probably isn't a big concern, to others(majority) I would say it really would hurt a family.

Yes it will cost more for the Mason Co fans as they are used to having the tourney on their home turf. Welcome to our world of having to travel to the regional games, and spending gas money. biggrin.gif

No disrespect meant here, but are several Mason Co fans really going to complain throughout the whole tournament? :deadhorse:

Again, let's be thankful that the KIDS have this opportunity to play in a great facility to help prepare them for what will hopefully be a state title run. Nobody is forcing us to pay to go to these games. We do it out of love for the sport and because of our dedication to these young men that provide us excitement for 2 hours by giving it their all to accomplish every young athlete's dream...winning a state title. Nothing is going to be perfect, regardless of where the tournament is held, so let's just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts, rather than continually focusing on the negatives.

We can complain about this or that until the cows come home, but I can guarantee you if you ask these young men, they'll tell you they wouldn't have it any other way. We have to remember what's best for them, is what's most important right now...not our personal wants and needs.[/quote]

Great post.:thumb: It is not the GRC fans and Montgomery Co fans that are complaining.... and we have the longest trip to make. But on the other hand we are used to traveling to the regional tourney. :thumb:

As I stated before I am really looking forward to attending the tourney in such a great arena. Great opportunity for all teams involved, and will help prepare them for state.