Campbell Co 2008/2009

Comparing Nearl to Hiller is very amazing to me. These two players aren't even in the same class in talent. I don't have a dog in the fight, but all I can say is wow. There are some well respected coaches that have been speaking very highly of Nearl. Overall, the two teams match up pretty well. I was there last year when Nearl scored 20 points in a half after sitting out with fouls in the first half. That game wasn't close, but Scott made great improvement to win the district.

Completely true. When Nerl is at his best hes top 3 or 4 in the region without question. No one in the 37th is even close to Nerl talent wise, he most likely has the best jumper I have seen.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of underclassmen have been rumored to call it quits to concentrate on Football which include three starters from last years Frosh squad. Bench should be OK, but that does appear to be a challenge for the program.

Mike produces winners every year. You are right, this team has a better future over the next couple of years, but ask Campbell or Scott who the fear most in late March

Brossart is always a very tough team. The 37th has a wealth of coaching talent with both Code's and Carr.

Interesting that Campbell is ranked #4 and Scott #9 in NKY poll that just came out.

Wonder why such a big gap compared to the tenth region rankings?

I just can't wait till we tip it all up and see what happens.

Do you know the size of Scott's starting 5 compared to CCHS?

I can't see Scott matching up well with the Camels. I think the finals of the district last year was a fluke.

A fluke? Please get real. Scott's team that night came in with a chip on their shoulder from the 28 point loss they suffered from the Camels earlier in the season. CCHS came in thinking it would be an easy district championship. That is no such thing as a fluke.

Do you know the size of Scott's starting 5 compared to CCHS?

CC line up is pretty tall, two guys at 6'3" and two guys at 6'4". Scotts starting line up looks to be about the same. Scott's starting line up may look something like this:

Daniel O'conner - 6'7" Nikola Gligorevic 6'4" Jake Niederreger 6'3" EJ Murray 6'2" and Nick Hiller 6'0". With that being said, I'm pretty sure that they would match up pretty good together.

CC line up is pretty tall, two guys at 6'3" and two guys at 6'4". Scotts starting line up looks to be about the same. Scott's starting line up may look something like this:

Daniel O'conner - 6'7" Nikola Gligorevic 6'4" Jake Niederreger 6'3" EJ Murray 6'2" and Nick Hiller 6'0". With that being said, I'm pretty sure that they would match up pretty good together.

I agree that Scott matches up pretty well with CC.

CC is a good team, but IMO they will not be world beaters this year. They will have their hands full with Scott and Brossart.

CC is a good team, but IMO they will not be world beaters this year. They will have their hands full with Scott and Brossart.

I think Campbell Co is the best team in the district with Scott & Brossart right behind them. I think PG play is going to be the biggest issue with CC and I am not sure about their depth especially at the guard position.

Totally agree. Scott and Brossart can definetly compete and beat Campbell Co.

We will just have to wait and see how things go!

Agree, but Campbell should be favored based on their returning starters. Definately the toughest district in the 10th--Again!!

Despite what the polls say, any person with the slightest knowledge about basketball knows that Scott High School is the favorite in the 37th District, whether the big favorite or little favorite! They have solid talent with the most experience returning. They had a very strong summer and the Camels looked somewhat inconsistent. I am sure the Camels are content with flying low on the radar within the District and the Region because March is the only month that matters and we all know what happened to the favorite last year!

Agree, but Campbell should be favored based on their returning starters. Definately the toughest district in the 10th--Again!!

Hopefully the KHSAA recognizes that so we can receive some quality officiated games during district play! It seemed like there was a questionable call(s) every game, the finals being the worst, for both teams. Let the kids and the coaches decide the game, not the officials!

Brossart is still a year away from being a contender.
Brossart put in their "rebuilding year" last season. They lose one starter (Greg Stortz) from last year's team that lost on a last-second shot (as did Campbell Co) to Scott in the district tournmanent - lest we forget.

With that being said, I think that it's going to be an interesting three-horse race in the 37th this year. Granted, the Mustangs will be outsized, but we were outsized badly back in '98 and seemed to do OK.

I too think that the Camels, with a year under their belt and the continued development of their young players should have a great year.