Campbell Co 2008/2009

There is no doubt that both Campbell and Brossart will have a good year but I still think Scott is the favorite to win the 37th. Like people were saying about Mason Co., until they are beat in the tournament they are considered the favorite. Its going to be one heck of a year for basketball not only in the 37th district but in the 10th region.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that both Campbell and Brossart will have a good year but I still think Scott is the favorite to win the 37th. Like people were saying about Mason Co., until they are beat in the tournament they are considered the favorite. Its going to be one heck of a year for basketball not only in the 37th district but in the 10th region.

Mason is not the favorite based on who all they lost. Scott is consider somewhat of a favorite because they return 7 of there top 9 and 4 of 5 starters. I will not be suprised what so ever to see 1 of Scott, CC, or BB win the district. IMO they are the 3,4,5 best teams in the region, regardless of order. Once again this year one of these teams will be sitting home during region, and a school like Augusta or Deming will be there in their place. Sad.

Hopefully the KHSAA recognizes that so we can receive some quality officiated games during district play! It seemed like there was a questionable call(s) every game, the finals being the worst, for both teams. Let the kids and the coaches decide the game, not the officials!
There hasn't even been a game played yet.

Mason is not the favorite based on who all they lost. Scott is consider somewhat of a favorite because they return 7 of there top 9 and 4 of 5 starters. I will not be suprised what so ever to see 1 of Scott, CC, or BB win the district. IMO they are the 3,4,5 best teams in the region, regardless of order. Once again this year one of these teams will be sitting home during region, and a school like Augusta or Deming will be there in their place. Sad.

Whats sad about a small school making the region. Hey you have to play the cards you are dealt or fold. These 2 schools cant help what district they are in the same as the 3 schools you are referring to. If you want to make region you just have to play a little harder. I have an option though. Why dont we just do away with district tourneys and have a huge regional tourney with all the teams playing in it. That way there wont be any teams left out.:cool:

Whats sad about a small school making the region. Hey you have to play the cards you are dealt or fold. These 2 schools cant help what district they are in the same as the 3 schools you are referring to. If you want to make region you just have to play a little harder. I have an option though. Why dont we just do away with district tourneys and have a huge regional tourney with all the teams playing in it. That way there wont be any teams left out.:cool:

That it keeps better teams out of the regionals, most small schools go in there in get blown out.

So it is ok for a school like Deming to make it because they play a bunch of other small schools and then get run out of the regional tourney, were as a team like Brossart last year is sitting at home. It's not fair, It's just the way it is. I will say it gives the schools something to be proud of in the realm of sport though.

Works for me.

Campbell's starting 5 is going to be one of best in NKY IMO. But there bench is not going to be very deep and foul trouble was an issue for them last year. They have 2 point guards that can come off the bench, and one big man in Wolf. Not sure what else is there if their 2-5 players get in fould trouble.

Campbell's starting 5 is going to be one of best in NKY IMO. But there bench is not going to be very deep and foul trouble was an issue for them last year. They have 2 point guards that can come off the bench, and one big man in Wolf. Not sure what else is there if their 2-5 players get in fould trouble.

Who is the projected starting PG? I think if they can get quality PG play they will be very, very good.

I guess because Augusta and Deming are always considered no good at anything,they should just stay home and let all these wonderful teams your talking about play in their spot!!!! The sad part is the statement you just made. They work just as hard as all the other schools in the 10th region to win and get to regional tournament. It is great for their schools, their community,and YES their PLAYERS and COACHES. Sorry you see it as SAD.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #2

I guess because Augusta and Deming are always considered no good at anything,they should just stay home and let all these wonderful teams your talking about play in their spot!!!! The sad part is the statement you just made. They work just as hard as all the other schools in the 10th region to win and get to regional tournament. It is great for their schools, their community,and YES their PLAYERS and COACHES.

Yes but the point he is trying to make is that is it fair that BB, CC, or Scott will be sitting out of the regional tourney when they are better then another team in the regional tourney. I agree they do work just as hard and should be rewarded but I just think that the districts should be more even. JMO

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #14

Yes but the point he is trying to make is that is it fair that BB, CC, or Scott will be sitting out of the regional tourney when they are better then another team in the regional tourney. I agree they do work just as hard and should be rewarded but I just think that the districts should be more even. JMO

I know this is a very unpopular viewpoint in the 10th because of the number of small schools in the 10th. Take last year when Scott struggled thru the regular season and then drew Augusta in the regional tourney. Scott had one player named to the All Region team while I think Augusta had 3 players maybe 4 on the all region team. Scott was up by 20 in the first half and maintained a 20 + margin of victory. Scott was more talented, deeper and more athletic than Augusta.

Because of the geographic distribution of the districts in the tenth the region is not going to be made up of the best teams and it's not because someone pulled a great upset to get there.

Where I think it is really an injustice is a lot of very good players at the bigger schools do not get the accolades they deserve due to the smaller schools basically forming a voting block. I think Mason County had the same number of all region players as Augusta as a state championship team.

The King twins at Deming are very, very good players but I can make the argument after watching them on the AAU circuit that Gilbert & Pawsett from Mason are better players. I don't see anyone stating that Gilbert & Pawsett are top 10 players in the 10th.

I know I am going to take a bashing from the very passionate fans of the small schools in the 10th but it's tough whan schools such as Campbell County,

Scott & Brossart basically have to run the gauntlet every year to even get to the regional tourney.

I know this is a very unpopular viewpoint in the 10th because of the number of small schools in the 10th. Take last year when Scott struggled thru the regular season and then drew Augusta in the regional tourney. Scott had one player named to the All Region team while I think Augusta had 3 players maybe 4 on the all region team. Scott was up by 20 in the first half and maintained a 20 + margin of victory. Scott was more talented, deeper and more athletic than Augusta.

Because of the geographic distribution of the districts in the tenth the region is not going to be made up of the best teams and it's not because someone pulled a great upset to get there.

Where I think it is really an injustice is a lot of very good players at the bigger schools do not get the accolades they deserve due to the smaller schools basically forming a voting block. I think Mason County had the same number of all region players as Augusta as a state championship team.

The King twins at Deming are very, very good players but I can make the argument after watching them on the AAU circuit that Gilbert & Pawsett from Mason are better players. I don't see anyone stating that Gilbert & Pawsett are top 10 players in the 10th.

I know I am going to take a bashing from the very passionate fans of the small schools in the 10th but it's tough whan schools such as Campbell County,

Scott & Brossart basically have to run the gauntlet every year to even get to the regional tourney.

I agree completely there is nothing anyone can do about it because of where the schools are at. It's the same situation in the 35th district in the 9th region where either Holmes, Cov Cath, or Holy Cross is eliminated in the first round of districts when they are consistently a top 6 or 7 squad the whole year. The last couple years HC hasn't gone to the regional tournament because they have had to play either the number one team or number two team in the region first round of districts.

Anyways sorry I got off topic I was just showing another example.:thumb:

I guess because Augusta and Deming are always considered no good at anything,they should just stay home and let all these wonderful teams your talking about play in their spot!!!! The sad part is the statement you just made. They work just as hard as all the other schools in the 10th region to win and get to regional tournament. It is great for their schools, their community,and YES their PLAYERS and COACHES.

To think any of the schools listed are as talented as Scott, BB, and CC, is Sad, thats where the injustice is.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #2 and #14