Palin Attacks Obama on ‘Palling Around with Terrorists’

I think it is a reall issue that O is good friends w/ an admitted terrorist, but that just might be me.

Good friends? Has either ever described the other as a "good friend"?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mc·Car·thy·ism - a mid-20th century political attitude characterized chiefly by opposition to elements held to be subversive and by the use of tactics involving personal attacks on individuals by means of widely publicized indiscriminate allegations especially on the basis of unsubstantiated charges ; broadly : defamation of character or reputation through McCarthyite tactics

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess...

Good friends? Has either ever described the other as a "good friend"?

If you feel safe w/ a President who associates w/ terrorists that's on you. I wouldn't. They were though however more than just neighbors.

If McCain wants to win, he had better start talking about solutions to the nation"s problems........tactic such as this will likely backfire on him.

I feel that one of the main reasons that McCain won the nomination is that a lot of people that fall in the middle of the liberal/conservative on-going fight felt that he could bring the left and right closer together, which might lead to our government working together to fix our problems. The message he is now putting out looks to be the same old song and dance which a lot of voters are tired of.

If McCain wants to win, he had better start talking about solutions to the nation"s problems........tactic such as this will likely backfire on him.

I feel that one of the main reasons that McCain won the nomination is that a lot of people that fall in the middle of the liberal/conservative on-going fight felt that he could bring the left and right closer together, which might lead to our government working together to fix our problems. The message he is now putting out looks to be the same old song and dance which a lot of voters are tired of.

I think that you hit the nail on the head. McCain needs to make this NOT about Obama, but himself.

First of all, Ayers has not been involved in terrorism since Obama has known him, so your analogy is incorrect in that it uses the present tense to describe Ayers as a terrorist. Second, knowing someone and subscribing to their beliefs are two different things. Period. End of story.

So he's a "reformed terrorist" a "former terrorist?" Did he go to anger management class to cure his terrorism, or maybe he found religion and that cured him? C'mon, H, I give you credit for more transparency than that.

First of all, Ayers has not been involved in terrorism since Obama has known him, so your analogy is incorrect in that it uses the present tense to describe Ayers as a terrorist. Second, knowing someone and subscribing to their beliefs are two different things. Period. End of story.

I don't think this statement is anything the Obama camp will be officially putting out there any time soon . . . . . :lol:

We called and asked them not to run that message. It’s not the message of the Republican Party. It’s not the message of my campaign. I’ve pledged to conduct a respectful campaign. I can’t dictate to them but I want to be the candidate of everybody. I want to be the candidate of Republicans and Democrats and Independents and people across the political spectrum and I think that by traveling America and listening and learning as well as portraying my vision for the future, I’m going to attract a large number of independents and democrats into our cause because right now the cause is America and right now the cause is that Americans want us to work together to solve these enormous challenges that we face today.

This is what John McCain had to say about an ad ran by Republicans about Reverend Wright. With the way this campaign has turned to the gutter, it is fascinating that the samer person said this, let alone only five months ago. It reflects the difference between a winning campaign strategy and losing campaign strategy and the sudden influx of Bushian campaigners to McCain's camp.

If you want to defend the relationship Ayers and Obama share, that is fine with me. One can say it has been blown (no pun intended) way out of proportion.

I am not saying you did UKPat02, but I cannot defend Ayers in any way, shape, or form just because he was not convicted.

Not defending, at all. Just answering the question.

:D

We called and asked them not to run that message. It’s not the message of the Republican Party. It’s not the message of my campaign. I’ve pledged to conduct a respectful campaign. I can’t dictate to them but I want to be the candidate of everybody. I want to be the candidate of Republicans and Democrats and Independents and people across the political spectrum and I think that by traveling America and listening and learning as well as portraying my vision for the future, I’m going to attract a large number of independents and democrats into our cause because right now the cause is America and right now the cause is that Americans want us to work together to solve these enormous challenges that we face today.

This is what John McCain had to say about an ad ran by Republicans about Reverend Wright. With the way this campaign has turned to the gutter, it is fascinating that the samer person said this, let alone only five months ago. It reflects the difference between a winning campaign strategy and losing campaign strategy and the sudden influx of Bushian campaigners to McCain's camp.

It was that message/persona that first drew me, as a democrat, to McCain. I'm afraid that message has changed though. Whether it be through the "Britney/Paris" ads or the choosing of a VP that is not ready to be #2 in office, some of those qualities that I love about McCain have been overshadowed.

:lol: Bill Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist. Period. End of story.

Ayers has never expressed remorse or contrition for his actions but he has expressed regret that he "did not do more" during his years as an active terrorist - and he did so years after he and Obama became close political allies and associates. Ayers helped Obama launch his political career and has helped him raise campaign cash. This is not a case of "McCarthyism," regardless of how many times liberals throw out that tired old canard.

I didn't claim the media was only biased in one direction... so absolutely yes, it is possible that Fox did a positive piece. Therefore, the real truth about Palin may rest somewhere in the middle of the two.

Transcripts are only as accurate as the edited pieces they are lifted from. :thumb:

The transcript was not verbatim with the interview, so I assume that at least some of what was editted out of the interview was left in the transcript.

I really subscribe to the "somewhere in the middle" philosophy. The truth may be REALLY close to one of those two points, but it is not EXACTLY either of the two.

I think that you hit the nail on the head. McCain needs to make this NOT about Obama, but himself.

When candidates only want to talk about their opponents shortcomings, it tends to make me think they have nothing to offer. You are right, he needs to be selling John McCain if he expects the moderates to believe in him and vote for him.

When candidates only want to talk about their opponents shortcomings, it tends to make me think they have nothing to offer. You are right, he needs to be selling John McCain if he expects the moderates to believe in him and vote for him.

On the other hand, when a candidate tells me what he's going to do for me when he gets elected, it tends to make me think that he's feeding me a line of bull.