Palin Attacks Obama on ‘Palling Around with Terrorists’

Did you recognize that is was a whitewash job, or did you pull a Joe Biden and just regurgitate what ol' Stan Kurtz told you?

Listen, I know and talk to a couple foreigners who are supporters of Hamas and Hizbollah. Does this mean I agree with them? No. Does this mean I support their beliefs? Of course not. Does it make me a terrorist by association? Not at all.

Once again McCain's campaign is sensing that time is running out so they're throwing everything (as evidenced by the plethora of anti-Obama threads started by both you, JD and RTS in recent days) against the wall and praying that something sticks.

Facts are stubborn things. Obama lied about his association with Ayers. He said that he was just some guy who lived in his neighborhood. Why would Obama lie about his association? That's okay, no need to respond. You have made it clear that the facts about Bill Ayers and his association do not matter to you but the truth about Obama's close ties to a host of unsavory and dangerous characters will matter to many voters.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Smear tactics". The Republicans are desperate and are trying to take the focus off of the real issues. The Democrats have been very kind to Palin and her "shady" past and I hope they don't play the same games that the Republican's are playing. I believe the American people are smarter than to fall for this. Again, desperate people do desperate things.

McCain is desperate. He can't talk about any of the real issues of this election without getting his butt kicked. So he sends his intellectual lightweight running mate out to do about the only thing she is capable of: mudslinging.

I have placed this on here before, what if a candidate hung around with members of the KKK? Most people would go nuts over this person and not vote for this individual. The KKK and Bill Ayers are terrorists.

What?! Americans want someone to assume one of the most powerful positions in the world versed above the neophyte level on the issues important to the country? Blasphemy! Elitists! I'm middle America and I want someone who to assume power who doesn't know more than I do about the majority of issues! And I want them to pronounce nuclear wrong, too!

Bill Clinton was no more knowledge about foreign affairs than Palin and he got himself elected. At least Palin respects the military.

And yes she is also respectful of middle American and is not an elitist. If you think Obama is not an elitist, then you have bitten into the hook, line and sinker.

Did you recognize that is was a whitewash job, or did you pull a Joe Biden and just regurgitate what ol' Stan Kurtz told you?

Listen, I know and talk to a couple foreigners who are supporters of Hamas and Hizbollah. Does this mean I agree with them? No. Does this mean I support their beliefs? Of course not. Does it make me a terrorist by association? Not at all.

Once again McCain's campaign is sensing that time is running out so they're throwing everything (as evidenced by the plethora of anti-Obama threads started by both you, JD and RTS in recent days) against the wall and praying that something sticks.

Wouldn't you agree that Obama's relationship with Ayers was something a bit more than what you've described though?

"Smear tactics". The Republicans are desperate and are trying to take the focus off of the real issues. The Democrats have been very kind to Palin and her "shady" past and I hope they don't play the same games that the Republican's are playing. I believe the American people are smarter than to fall for this. Again, desperate people do desperate things.

We must be following different elections if you think only the republicans are smearing their opponents and ignoring issues. Desperation has ebbed and flowed from both camps in the past several weeks. It will continue from both in the next several.

I think it is a reall issue that O is good friends w/ an admitted terrorist, but that just might be me.

Can someone please tell me exactly what Ayers has been convicted of and spent jail time for?
Bill Ayers was involved, and has admitted his involvement publicly, in bombings of the Pentagon and the Capitol building. Ayers was never tried because evidence against him was collected through illegal surveillance. Ayers was also involved with the planning of other terrorist activity and has publicly lamented the fact that he "did not do more." The fact that Ayers and his wife are terrorists is not in dispute.

Yes, they worked together at a non-profit organization raising money for school improvements. :rolleyes:

Nothing.

If you want to defend the relationship Ayers and Obama share, that is fine with me. One can say it has been blown (no pun intended) way out of proportion.

I am not saying you did UKPat02, but I cannot defend Ayers in any way, shape, or form just because he was not convicted.

I have placed this on here before, what if a candidate hung around with members of the KKK? Most people would go nuts over this person and not vote for this individual. The KKK and Bill Ayers are terrorists.

First of all, Ayers has not been involved in terrorism since Obama has known him, so your analogy is incorrect in that it uses the present tense to describe Ayers as a terrorist. Second, knowing someone and subscribing to their beliefs are two different things. Period. End of story.