Palin Attacks Obama on ‘Palling Around with Terrorists’

Before McCain picked Palin as his running mate I would have considered voting for him. This is the man that said I would rather win the war than an election, and then he makes this pick. Her fear mongering is not working, and is probably going to backfire. I was insulted by this pick and I'm not even a woman. Ayers did something 40 years ago, so this friendship really doesn't bother me. While Obama is trying to calm our fears all McCain and Palin are doing is trying to create more fear.

You mean like Obama lying to retired Floridians about McCain tying up their social security in the stock market? Both camps use fear, it's a standard play from their books.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearsay, you're an intelligent enough person (attorney, I believe?) to recognize that knowing someone and working with someone does not necessarily equate to subscribing to any of their beliefs. Should criminal defense attorneys be vilified for having questionable judgment because they "associate" with murderers, rapists, and thieves? Do their associations prove that they, themselves, believe murder, rape, and stealing is acceptable? I expected dialog on a higher intellectual plane from you.

A former principal and later superintendent of mine once said that if you run with the crowd, you eventually become one of them. Obama and Ayers are both Marxists and do not like individual freedoms, but want big brother government.

A former principal and later superintendent of mine once said that if you run with the crowd, you eventually become one of them. Obama and Ayers are both Marxists and do not like individual freedoms, but want big brother government.

I don't believe Obama shares Ayers views. I tend to agree with the poster that wondered if Obama simply used him to promote his own rise in politics. Wouldn't be the first or the last time it's happened.

Before McCain picked Palin as his running mate I would have considered voting for him. This is the man that said I would rather win the war than an election, and then he makes this pick. Her fear mongering is not working, and is probably going to backfire. I was insulted by this pick and I'm not even a woman. Ayers did something 40 years ago, so this friendship really doesn't bother me. While Obama is trying to calm our fears all McCain and Palin are doing is trying to create more fear.
Ayers lectured Hugo Chavez in 2006 about the link between the education of young people and a successful revolution. Obama distributed roughly $100 million from the educational reform organization that Ayers founded. What kind of educational reforms do you believe Obama and Ayers made?

I am glad to see that the McCain-Palin campaign is following through on its promise to remove the gloves. Obama lied about his relationship with Ayers and Dohrn and the American people deserve to know why Obama found it so easy to forge a close association with two terrorists and why that relationship spanned so many years.

Fair enough. But some of us to place different priorities on things. I think that whom you associate with can be a reflection on you. If Obama associates with Ayers, Wright, etc. I think it says something about Obama. You may not feel that way and I'm okay with tat. I actually think that its very fair for people to criticize McCain's association with Charlie Keating and to mention the Keating 5 incident AS LONG AS they fairly report the facts (including the conclusion of the investigator, a staunch Democrat by the way, who determined that McCain did nothing wrong and who continues to this day to speak out and tell people that the only reason that McCain was not totally absolved by the Ethics Committee was the political fact that if McCain had been absolved, that would have resulted in the Keating 5 becoming the Keating 4, whom were all Democrats, and the Democrats controlling the Ethics Committee were not going to allow that to happen for purely partisan reasons). To McCain's credit, even though he was cleared by the investigator, he continues to tell people that he was wrong for putting himself in a position that people could even question his integrity.