Palin Attacks Obama on ‘Palling Around with Terrorists’

And ^ this ^ coming from a poster who has portrayed, over and over and over again, the tiny trickle of oil from ANWR as a significant source of relief for high energy prices in the U.S. Personally, I think McCain is just giving Palin a figurative pat on the head when he says he wants her to lead on energy issues for his administration. If her expertise in energy is so formidable, why can't she convince McCain to back drilling in ANWR? It must be particularly humiliating for Palin to be publicly called an energy expert and yet not have your primary recommendation adopted in this area. The real answer is that Palin is a hood ornament who doesn't bring any particular expertise to the McCain ticket.
If McCain is smart, he will flip on ANWR drilling. Your insistance that 800,000 to a million barrels of oil production a day is trivial is quite amusing.

I would like to see Palin park gas guzzling SUVs around the perimeter of the proposed ANWR drilling site, take McCain to the center of the site, and have the SUVs all turn on their headlights to demonstrate just how small the site actually is. It would also give American citizens a chance to see how flat and desolate the north slope of Alaska really is.

On the way home, Palin could show McCain and the country how wildlife is fluorishing along the Alaskan pipeline and around the wells in the Prudhoe Bay area.

Maybe they're just curious about her since she's been in virtual hiding for the last month. If the McCain campaign cut loose the apron strings, these throngs of admirers would quickly figure out how much of an airhead she is and would stay home in droves.
:lol: I love the fear and loathing that liberals have of conservative candidates. I also love how eagerly they tag successful Republican politicians like Reagan, Bush, and now Palin as idiots who have just stumbled up the ranks and just relied on good luck and good looks to win elections. Hilarious! :lol:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biden lied about McCain's vote - that is why Palin brought up the issue again. McCain never voted against a final bill for troop funding and Obama did.

I notice that you ignored my question about Biden's claim that the US and France drove Hezbollah out of Lebanon. What was he talking about?

Wrong on the bolded.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/key

You'll have to look at 3/29/07 for the actual resolution. Here is what he voted "no" to:

This $122 billion war spending bill calls for combat troops to begin withdrawing from Iraq this summer. The 51-47 vote fell mostly along party lines. Two Republicans -- Sens. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska and Gordon Smith of Oregon -- joined Democrats in support of the package, which would fund U.S. military activity in Iraq and Afghanistan. But Democrats also attached language that would start troop withdrawals within 120 days of passage, with a March 31, 2008, goal for completing the process.

The bill addresses many unrelated issues. It offers funds for disaster relief and recovery stemming from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, funds influenza pandemic response programs, offers disaster assistance for livestock and crops, and makes appropriations to bolster Medicare and Medicaid.

It also requires the secretary of Defense to inspect military medical treatment facilities and housing. It prohibits the use of funds in this or any other act to change essential services at Walter Reed Army Medical Center until certain requirements are met.

It requires the Congressional Budget Office to report to appropriators on anticipated funds necessary for the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to continue providing health care to Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans.

It also requires the Coast Guard to exercise competition for contracts related to the Integrated Deepwater System Program.

Lastly, among many other things, it provides funds to assist Liberia, Jordan and Lebanon.

Obama voted "yes" on this, though he voted "no" on the bill that was passed that did not have a timeline for withdrawl.

As for your Biden question, if you want to start a thread that focuses on that, I will respond there.

Only parts of it. I prefer watching interviews that have not been edited to make the interviewer look good. Palin did not do well in the interview but I have seen other interviews, including several before she was selected as McCain's running mate, where Palin did exceptionally well.

Disparaging Palin's communication skills based on one or two interviews, while ignoring her impressive appearances is nothing but political spin. The large oil companies that operate in Alaska do not consider Palin an intellectual lightweight and neither do the experienced Republican, Democratic, and independent political opponents that she left in her wake.

You can always look at the transcript, if you prefer. I think we had a link to it in that thread.

Wrong on the bolded.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/key

You'll have to look at 3/29/07 for the actual resolution. Here is what he voted "no" to:

This $122 billion war spending bill calls for combat troops to begin withdrawing from Iraq this summer. The 51-47 vote fell mostly along party lines. Two Republicans -- Sens. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska and Gordon Smith of Oregon -- joined Democrats in support of the package, which would fund U.S. military activity in Iraq and Afghanistan. But Democrats also attached language that would start troop withdrawals within 120 days of passage, with a March 31, 2008, goal for completing the process.

The bill addresses many unrelated issues. It offers funds for disaster relief and recovery stemming from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, funds influenza pandemic response programs, offers disaster assistance for livestock and crops, and makes appropriations to bolster Medicare and Medicaid.

It also requires the secretary of Defense to inspect military medical treatment facilities and housing. It prohibits the use of funds in this or any other act to change essential services at Walter Reed Army Medical Center until certain requirements are met.

It requires the Congressional Budget Office to report to appropriators on anticipated funds necessary for the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to continue providing health care to Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans.

It also requires the Coast Guard to exercise competition for contracts related to the Integrated Deepwater System Program.

Lastly, among many other things, it provides funds to assist Liberia, Jordan and Lebanon.

I stand corrected. Obama, Biden, and other Democrats attempted to undermine the troop surge. McCain was right to vote against the attempt by Democrats to retreat from Iraq. All parties knew that Bush would not agree to a withdrawal timeline and the Senate passed the funding bill that McCain supported.

Palin should have explained that McCain voted against a surrender bill that contained funding to allow the troops to make an orderly retreat.

Obama voted "yes" on this, though he voted "no" on the bill that was passed that did not have a timeline for withdrawl.
Fair enough. I am not sure that it is worth an entire thread when it is obvious that Biden either had no idea what he was talking about or misspoke. (I believe that he confused the Syrian army with Hezbollah, which was a major gaffe.)

McCain is desperate. He can't talk about any of the real issues of this election without getting his butt kicked. So he sends his intellectual lightweight running mate out to do about the only thing she is capable of: mudslinging.

hit the nail right on the head!

Tell me what she's good for, besides giving scripted speeches to friendly supporters. She doesn't understand her own campaign's policy positions well enough to explain them. Therefore, she's been sent out to try to scare voters because that's really the only utility she brings to the McCain campaign. She's an empty suit.
Funny you should call her an empty suit, something Obama is and has been since he first set his eyes on the White House. You will only hear what you want to from her, that much is painfully obvious to all. Your disdain for anything Republican is laughable at best. How about you tell me what Obama's good for, besides giving flowery scripted speeches to friendly supporters. Why do you think he picked Biden as his running mate? Because he's such a lightweight, that's why. He certainly doesn't reach across party lines. He's a disaster in the making.

At least Palin has run a business, been a Mayor, been a Governor, you know, had leader experience. Oh, but I guess you can always come back with Obama's been a Community Organizer. :lol:

Funny you should call her an empty suit, something Obama is and has been since he first set his eyes on the White House. You will only hear what you want to from her, that much is painfully obvious to all. Your disdain for anything Republican is laughable at best. How about you tell me what Obama's good for, besides giving flowery scripted speeches to friendly supporters [WITH a Teleprompter]. Why do you think he picked Biden as his running mate? Because he's such a lightweight, that's why. He certainly doesn't reach across party lines. He's a disaster in the making.

At least Palin has run a business, been a Mayor, been a Governor, you know, had leader experience. Oh, but I guess you can always come back with Obama's been a Community Organizer. :lol:

Don't forget that part. He can't speak off the top of his head very well. "Um, ah, ooh, well, um, er"...ad infinitum. He makes President Bush sound like a Mensa candidate.

I'm coming to the party late, but a few things posted in this thread I would like to comment on:

H, you keep referring to Palin as an intellectual lightweight. You really do not have anything to back up this claim. It is a personal attack, and you should keep those on the facts. Second, you say the amount of oil in ANWR is a trickle. Whether it be a slow leak or a gushing fountain, every opportunity to gather domestic oil should be attempted. Oil is our lifeblood. Good or bad, we are stuck with it until alternative energy sources become mainstream. If we have it under our soil, we should get it. And lastly, you continually call Palin an empty suit. Dude, get your eyes checked!

I'm coming to the party late, but a few things posted in this thread I would like to comment on:

H, you keep referring to Palin as an intellectual lightweight. You really do not have anything to back up this claim. It is a personal attack, and you should keep those on the facts. Second, you say the amount of oil in ANWR is a trickle. Whether it be a slow leak or a gushing fountain, every opportunity to gather domestic oil should be attempted. Oil is our lifeblood. Good or bad, we are stuck with it until alternative energy sources become mainstream. If we have it under our soil, we should get it. And lastly, you continually call Palin an empty suit. Dude, get your eyes checked!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I love hearing liberals putting down a real middle class American as they defend limousine liberals whose lies are dismissed as "nuance." Sarah Palin is more knowledgeable about energy issues and basic economics than anybody on either ticket. She is also the most effective communicator on either ticket and that is what terrifies liberals and it is why they have worked so hard to paint the most popular governor in this country as a bumpkin. I hope that liberals keep attacking Palin's background and intellect because they are attacking middle income Americans who love this country with every attack - and we vote too.

Forgive me if I don't consider someone who made $230,000 last year and has a net worth of 1.2 million as a "real" middle class american.