I've accepted that Obama is going to be our next President BUT....

HT721

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood folks that, regardless of what side of the aisle they sit on, "can't wait" for the other side of the aisle to fail. Why do they so desperately want things to fail? Is being able to say "See, I told you so" truly enough to counterbalance failed policies?

Yet I have a sneaking suspicion that whoever wins the presidency, we will have a glut of "See, I told you so" posts here by the end of January 2009.

I agree. The whole "I can't wait for ___ to fail" is ridiculous. Couple that with the "I told you so" comments, and it is plain elementary school behavior. As true Americans, we should be above this.

I've accepted the fact that Obama is going to be our next president, BUT I can't wait for everyone to see that George Bush has saved this economy more than some people think. Regardless of what others will say Bush didn't cause the gas hikes and I can't wait for an Obama presidency to fail to solve the problem so people can stop pointing the finger. I also can't wait for taxes to go through the roof thus driving our economy even more in to the toilet. So for all of you Democrats who have enjoyed making fun of Bush at every turn and blaming everything in the world on him, you just wait payback is coming!

That's just wrong. I hope for the next president to be able to help solve the woes of the economy, no matter who that might be.

I've never understood folks that, regardless of what side of the aisle they sit on, "can't wait" for the other side of the aisle to fail. Why do they so desperately want things to fail? Is being able to say "See, I told you so" truly enough to counterbalance failed policies?

Yet I have a sneaking suspicion that whoever wins the presidency, we will have a glut of "See, I told you so" posts here by the end of January 2009.

:thumb::thumb:

Every knows I support Senator Obama. If John McCain wins I hope he can turn things around. I will support him as my president. I will never hope he fails because of what it would mean to this country.

I agree. The whole "I can't wait for ___ to fail" is ridiculous. Couple that with the "I told you so" comments, and it is plain elementary school behavior. As true Americans, we should be above this.

:thumb: Agreed with all 3, of course. We have so many posts and posters that will be against anything Obama supports, or be against anything that Bush faults. Maybe that would be appropriate if both parties actually had some type of philosophical background in which their views were consistent, but that isn't the case- most of both sides' political ideals are built upon who they can get more votes from. I have seen a lot of true conservatives defending nearly anything Bush does (who, we have said, is not really too conservative), simply because Obama supporters have criticized him.

People need to be able to independently examine the issues and forget the words Republican and Democrat altogether

Bush has done a good job in protecting the US. No further attacks on US soil even though they were promised to come. However, domestically, he and the current congress have been horrible at getting anything else done and BOTH parties are to blame for that. Bush and the congress should have seen this crisis coming. I know that they have had legislation to deal with this before. In 2005, McCain supported a bill and mentioned that if not dealt with, Fanny May and Freddie Mac's actions could have dire consequences but it was defeated by the democrats. A few years later, Obama supported a bill to address this and it was defeated by the republicans. They were all playing party politics and because of their past actions/inactions and the acts of some very greedy executives, we are now in a crisis that both McCain and Obama say is dire.

I have not accepted that Obama will win this election. However, I am not hoping to see anything in America fail regardless of who wins. That is the wrong attitude to have IMHO. If McCain wins, I hope he does well. If Obama wins, I hope he does well.

You know, I'm no Bush fan, but looking back at his presidency, he's been dealt a pretty raw hand. We'll never know what kind of president he could have been had 9/11 never happened. Couple that with the .com bubble bursting and now the housing market, even the most fervent Bush opposers have to admit he hasn't had it exactly easy.

Very well said. Throw Katrina on top of that and here we are. Bush has done a lot of things that have ticked me off, mostly the spending that has gotten way out of control, but take out 9/11 and Katrina and we probably aren't in the shape we are now. The mortgage market would still be in shambles but maybe we would be in a better position to fix it or just let it fail.

I have a hunch that "I told you so" will be of little comfort to me when we're in the midst of The Great Depression II...

I'm watching Obama on tv right now and he is talking about using our tax dollars to train medical professionals and provide incentives for them to stay in poverty countries over seas. I wish he would use our money to get doctors in to the rural America I live in too. He has also promised over 50 billion dollars to the UN. It's time to put American's first, is that self centered? Maybe, but we have to help our own who are starving and in poverty before we worry about the problems of others.

IF Obama should win, the only failure I would want from him is things like raising my taxes and creating more gun bans/laws.

Even the most fervent Bush supports have to admit he's not been a very good President.

I don't know, I know some heavy Bush supporters who still think hes done a great job... BTW, I think this election could still go to McCain but he has an uphill battle..