Anyone live in Lexington?

00Rocket28

I live close enough to Louisville to say that I really do like it. I think it has more history surrounding it than Lexington does and I love the old houses. I love the river and all the activities they have built around the river. I love all the different places to eat. I cannot say that I like their college sports better than Lexington - I'm not ready to go there yet:D I'm hoping that if we both have time this fall...I'd like to attend a Trinity football game with RockMom. I love my Rebels but I won't be there this year to enjoy them so I need another team to root for!!!:thumb:

I am more than honored and happy to have you! We'll have a blast!:dancingpa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad that she feels well enough to go back to work. You obviously have yourself a tough sweetheart there.

There "ain't" nothing wrong with living in Booger Bottom - wouldn't mind living there myself sometimes:thumb:

:lol: C'mon down, you will be welcome. We can take you and yours on an all acsess guided tour of "Ramblerville", that will take appox. 10 minutes :D and then I guess that we can have you and yours over to grill out, invite Ram, cvillecat, incognito and any one of the other Raceland crew on here and have a good ol' time.

For those of you who think Louisville is so dirty....Why? What parts of the city are you referring to?

That's what I'm wondering. I work in downtown, live in the Highlands, make it out to St. Matthews a lot, visit several friends in Old Louisville and go to Central Park, Seneca Park, Cherokee Park a lot.... None of those areas are dirty. Trash is always picked up, lots of wastebaskets on the streets, streets are cleaned bi-monthly. Just not sure where the "dirty" is.

I had to go to Lexington today. As always, I was reminded why I go to Cincinnati for everything. It is an absolute NIGHTMARE to drive anywhere, anytime, anyday in Lexington.:irked:

I disagree about Louisville being dirty. It has undergone a major transformation, and the downtown proper is fabulous!

These biased opinions are useless...

I beg to differ on the questions that Louisvillians are asking about Louisville. We (the citizens of Louisville), take great pride in our city and have really done a lot to clean the city up. It's been at least 10 years or more that I can recall that there was an element of "dirty" about our city. When convetioneers come to town, one of the things Louisville gets the highest grade on, on their post-convention surveys, is the cleanliness of the city. The medians and sides of the highways are cleaned regularly, the streets are cleaned regularly, etc. I don't understand the "dirty" tag, and I feel we're justified in our indignation. That's not to say it's more clean than Lexington, just asking why some consider it dirty.

:lol: C'mon down, you will be welcome. We can take you and yours on an all acsess guided tour of "Ramblerville", that will take appox. 10 minutes :D and then I guess that we can have you and yours over to grill out, invite Ram, cvillecat, incognito and any one of the other Raceland crew on here and have a good ol' time.

Hey OR. Just wanted to ell you that I moved halfway into "Ramblerville". My house is in Flatwoods, but my backyard goes into Raceland. Where can I pick up my app. for joining the Raceland Crew?

I would have to disagree on Louisville being dirty, at least the parts I have have been in. Our corporate office use to be on Bishop Lane a couple of blocks off of Poplar Level. It always seemed clean when I would have to come up. Our office has since moved off of Blankenbaker Pkwy and that area is very nice. I usually take Hurstborne exit and come up the Bluegrass Pky. Mostly businesses and industrial and always clean. Industrial areas seemed to be the ones dirty up first but it's always nice. I think 64 needs to be redone but othe then that I can't complain. I alway love the city of Lexington but would rather have my butt kicked then drive in Lexinton.

Mine isn't... It really does smell funky. :lol:

There are definitely a few differents factories in the city that put off a funky odor but they aren't bad unless you are right in their vicenity. (The one across from the new Yum! Center at UofL is especially foul at night) But other than that I've never really noticed anything bad.

Hey OR. Just wanted to ell you that I moved halfway into "Ramblerville". My house is in Flatwoods, but my backyard goes into Raceland. Where can I pick up my app. for joining the Raceland Crew?

I am sure you will be welcomed in our "orange mafia". :thumb::D

I lived there for about eight years. It has really grown up and out since I was there, but really liked living there. If you can stay sober and not date every psycho in the city, you should like living there.