Anyone live in Lexington?

00Rocket28

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?

I just generally don't enjoy the town very much. I don't mind going down for a weekend if a friend is having a big party but there just doesn't seem to be all that much to do to me. I wouldn't mind it if I were going to UK but I would never just live there for the heck of it. I can understand moving from somewhere else in the state to Lex but never from Lou to Lex. I guess I'm just way to used to Louisville and it would seem like a downgrade for me.

I just generally don't enjoy the town very much. I don't mind going down for a weekend if a friend is having a big party but there just doesn't seem to be all that much to do to me. I wouldn't mind it if I were going to UK but I would never just live there for the heck of it. I can understand moving from somewhere else in the state to Lex but never from Lou to Lex. I guess I'm just way to used to Louisville and it would seem like a downgrade for me.

You're the first person I've ever heard say there isn't anything to do in Lexington. I mean it's not known around here as Lex Vegas for nothing. :D

Of course I feel the same way about Louisville that you feel about Lexington, only it's because the city is way too dirty for my liking.

You're the first person I've ever heard say there isn't anything to do in Lexington. I mean it's not known around here as Lex Vegas for nothing. :D

It's termed that by people from the sticks, where there's even less to do. When you compare Lexington to a Powell Co. or a Clay Co., sure it's going to seem like a big deal.

Of course I feel the same way about Louisville that you feel about Lexington, only it's because the city is way too dirty for my liking.

What a joke … :rolleyes:

It's termed that by people from the sticks, where there's even less to do. When you compare Lexington to a Powell Co. or a Clay Co., sure it's going to seem like a big deal.

What a joke … :rolleyes:

How's that a joke? I don't like city's that are that dirty. I could never live in a place like Cincinnati either.

I always assumed that nickname came from the college party scene.

:lol::lol: If you think Louisville is dirty then you are quite the sheltered kid. Have you ever been anywhere in Louisville besides downtown (which isn't a dirty place btw) ?

Lexington for being the second largest city in KY doesn't not have a big city feel. My feeling is that is is more like a mix between a suburb and a college town that has over grown.

The biggest downside that I've seen from many of my friends that have gone down there is that they have all left after a few years, and half of them came back with a meth addiction.

Lexington for being the second largest city in KY doesn't not have a big city feel. My feeling is that is is more like a mix between a suburb and a college town that has over grown.

The biggest downside that I've seen from many of my friends that have gone down there is that they have all left after a few years, and half of them came back with a meth addiction.

I can't agrue with that....Drugs are pretty prevalent down there from what I've been told.

I always assumed that nickname came from the college party scene.

:lol::lol: If you think Louisville is dirty then you are quite the sheltered kid. Have you ever been anywhere in Louisville besides downtown (which isn't a dirty place btw) ?

Yes, I've been in a couple neighborhoods that were every bit as dirty, if not more so than the city. Maybe it's not dirty in comparison with a lot of city's around the country, I don't know, but I could never live in a city as dirty as the Ville.