Anyone live in Lexington?

00Rocket28

Rocket

Both have plusses and minuses. I currently live between the two.

IMO Louisville is a city - Lexington is a town.

If you're a city person you'll get bored in Lexington pretty quick.

If you're not a city person, Louisville will intimidate you.

I hear a lot of people complain about the traffic in Lexington. I don't know what everybody's basis of comparison is, but I don't concider the traffic to be bad. Once you know your way around it's no big deal. I lived in Cleveland and Chicago, this is nothing.

I can say that I have never felt unsafe in Lexington at anytime. There were a couple of times in Louisville that I didn't feel very comfortable.

Louisville has more night life and concerts and theatre and better restaurants. Lexington is is mostly chain restaurants.

It's just my opinion but I find Lexington to be peaceful and fairly slow paced compared to Louisville, I'm a little older than you, but I like the pace. So for me I would choose to live in Lexington. But I still visit Louisville quite often.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the thread is about Lexington, not Louisville. IMO, Lexington vs/ Paducah is a no brainer. I think Lexington would be a GREAT city to live in, especially for a 27 year old bachelor. There is plenty to do, and being a college town, you'll find nice looking ladies are everywhere. Lexington is a great town if you know the sports to hit.

I must say that I am really shocked at those who say there's not much to do in Lexington.

I must say that I am really shocked at those who say there's not much to do in Lexington.

I'd say that's really a matter of what you're used to. Coming from most places in KY, yes I would say there are plenty of things to do but going from Louisville to Lexington it has a very small town feel.

Guest Bluto
but going from Louisville to Lexington it has a very small town feel.

However, Rocket is coming from Paducah, NOT Louisville; so that is irrelevant.

I'd say that's really a matter of what you're used to. Coming from most places in KY, yes I would say there are plenty of things to do but going from Louisville to Lexington it has a very small town feel.

I'm from Cincinnati, and stand by my statement. I really don't understand where Louisville comes into this discussion. He is asking about Lexington vs/ Paducah, which, imo, is a no brainer. I don't disagree that Lexington has a small town feel, but have you ever been to Paducah?

I'm from Cincinnati, and stand by my statement. I really don't understand where Louisville comes into this discussion. He is asking about Lexington vs/ Paducah, which, imo, is a no brainer. I don't disagree that Lexington has a small town feel, but have you ever been to Paducah?

Can't say that I have.