Northern Kentucky, You’re Next

Run To State

Which effects more people: The one time a month I grill, or the 3 or 4 cigs someone else lights up everytime while at dinner?
Who the heck grills once a month? I grill out at least 3 times a week and the the smoke off a grill is a lot more than three or four cigs.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have an allergy, then stay away. I mean, seriously, come on. If I was allergic to shellfish you can bet the farm that I wouldn't go to a seafood restaurant. So, since you have a problem with peanuts as well, should we also ban seafood restaurants? See where this is going?

Possibly the most horrible analogy I've ever read. I'm pretty sure you can go to a seafood restaurant and not be exposed to shellfish..... You have to avoid A LOT more places than just a seafood place to avoid second hand smoke. That's just the truth.

Danville has a Smoking ban starting in August' I believe...Another city In The Good old USA Pushing Communism!..I wouldn't have a problem with a ban if the WE THE PEOPLE got to vote...I just don't like it when a few city counsel memers become God for our Cities...:fire:

BTW...Last I checked Tobacco is Legal...;)

It should be left up to the owner, plain and simple.

Who the heck grills once a month? I grill out at least 3 times a week and the the smoke off a grill is a lot more than three or four cigs.
I can vouch for this! During a grill-out, his backyard is like Shanghai on a bad air day. :rolleyes:

Possibly the most horrible analogy I've ever read. I'm pretty sure you can go to a seafood restrant and not be exposed to shellfish..... You have to avoid ALOT more places than just a seafood place to avoid second hand smoke. That's just the truth.
Oh really? There was a story just recently around here where a guy died because he was served the wrong thing, it had shellfish in it, he didn't know it and it killed him. So much for it being the most horrible analogy you've ever read. What about peanuts? I suppose you think that's another horrible analogy.

You have to avoid A LOT more places than just a seafood place to avoid second hand smoke. That's just the truth.
No, the actual truth is that a lot of restaurants are going smoke-free on their own, which is the way it should be so there are plenty of choices for non-smokers.

Doubtful, pretty hard to enforce that. Other than people just not caring for it, there's no reason to forbid it. Alot of the reason for not permitting smoking is due to health related risks for those in the proximity of a smoker. Tell me how someone dipping poses a health risk to someone that's 5 feet away.....

It doesn't, which is why it's highl unlikely it'll be passed, atleast not as a city wide ordinance or anything like that.

I don't like people spitting within 5 ft of me and I get the crap on the bottom of shoes. Kind of like a kid spitting out chewing gum on a hot summer day.

Oh really? There was a story just recently around here where a guy died because he was served the wrong thing, it had shellfish in it, he didn't know it and it killed him. So much for it being the most horrible analogy you've ever read. What about peanuts? I suppose you think that's another horrible analogy.
You're making a false progression with all this talk of food being banned due to allergies. Just because one thing is banned, does not mean that it's predestined to progress on to another thing, and then another.

Food choices are easily controlled by the individual. That gives the individual the basic human right to control their own state of health. With smoking, you deny the individual that right and impose harmful effects on them at the pleasure of another individual. VERY Un-American! :eek:

You're making a false progression with all this talk of food being banned due to allergies. Just because one thing is banned, does not mean that it would progress on to another thing, and then another.

Food choices are easily controlled by the individual. That gives the individual the basic human right to control their own state of health. With smoking, you deny the individual that right and impose harmful effects on them at the pleasure of another individual. VERY Un-American! :eek:

Tell that to the guy that goes into anaphylactic shock at the mere whiff of peanuts or the family of the guy that died from the shellfish. Truth is, secondhand might or might not harm you, there are studies that argue both sides. The allergies I posted can kill on the spot. Whens the last time you saw someone keel over in a restaurant from secondhand smoke?

Do we have the right to a smoke-free environment at a privately-owned restaurant?

Do you also want beer banned because of the potential of that consumer to cause a wreck on the way home?

How far do you take it if you subscribe to the public health/safety side?

One of the City Counsel Members told me the reason She voted for a smoking ban was because of the Kids who are brought into a smoking area...THey Have no choice...Good Point...

If I go into restaurant with my underage son and we both order a beer Im sure he will get carded because He is to young to by alcohol...

The problem I have is.Why doesn't the heath department push for a law that Prohibits People who are under the age of 21 not to be able to buy any food that is unhealthy for them until they are of the adult age of 21...

Second Hand Smoke-Child obesity-:creepy:

One of the City Counsel Members told me the reason She voted for a smoking ban was because of the Kids who are brought into a smoking area...THey Have no choice...Good Point...

If I go into restaurant with my underage son and we both order a beer Im sure he will get carded because He is to young to by alcohol...

The problem I have is.Why doesn't the heath department push for a law that Prohibits People who are under the age of 21 not to be able to buy any food that is unhealthy for them until they are of the adult age of 21...

Second Hand Smoke-Child obesity-:creepy:

18 is legal age of an adult. 21 applies to alcohol only. Thats fodder for another thread.