Northern Kentucky, You’re Next

Run To State

I have read a lot of post where people say “just step outside and smoke”... So let’s say NKY bans smoking in all public places and the smokers were to go “outside” to smoke. What about the residents that live near a bar? Would you want to have people standing outside your house smoking on the sidewalk at 1:30 am? Do you think that the limited police resources should be spent on enforcing the smoking ban? Do any of you who are for the ban looked around some of the places where there is a neighborhood bar that would ultimately have to close their doors after being in the same location for generations? I think some of the people that are against the smoking ban are a little short sighted when it comes down to the independent bar owner.

There are some bars near residence, but there shouldn't be many, that what zoning is meant to stop. Otherwise the bigger issue would be do residents want drunk people strolling out of a bar right at their door step at 2:00 am every night. I understand there are some exceptions, but for the most part this shouldn't be an issue.

As for police officers enforcing smoking bans, just like any other law, I think an officer shouldn't be seeking out problems, but adressing the ones they see or receive complaints about....

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic