Northern Kentucky, You’re Next

Run To State

Hot off the heels of Ohio, Louisville and Lexington, Northern Kentucky looks like they will also be joining in on the smoking ban in workplaces, restaurants and bars. A ban that I don’t particularly agree with for several reasons.

I’m not a smoker, so that has zero to do with it. I feel that these bans are too broad and inclusive. It should be left up to the owner of the establishment since they are the ones that know their customer base and it’s their business that will be affected on way or the other. Sadly though, the prissies are taking over and getting their way these days with zero regard for the business owners or the smokers.

The Story

Opinions?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Morehead & Pikeville there is a smoking ban and I love it...I hate smoke and I can't stand being around it. It hurts people's eyes and it's just not something I want to be around while I'm trying to eat dinner. Yes they have smoking and non-smoking sections but the smoke lingers throughout the restaurant. If they want to smoke outside then go right ahead.

In Morehead & Pikeville there is a smoking ban and I love it...I hate smoke and I can't stand being around it. It hurts people's eyes and it's just not something I want to be around while I'm trying to eat dinner. Yes they have smoking and non-smoking sections but the smoke lingers throughout the restaurant. If they want to smoke outside then go right ahead.
Then go to a non-smoking restaurant, it's not right to force all bars and restaurants to do so.

Say goodbye to some of your favorite local bars. The ban is killing spots all over Cincinnati...

Oh yeah? Well if not being able to smoke at a bar or a restaurant keeps certain people away then they have a far bigger problem..It's called a ridiculous addiction, and being dependent on something..

Hot off the heels of Ohio, Louisville and Lexington, Northern Kentucky looks like they will also be joining in on the smoking ban in workplaces, restaurants and bars. A ban that I don’t particularly agree with for several reasons.

I’m not a smoker, so that has zero to do with it. I feel that these bans are too broad and inclusive. It should be left up to the owner of the establishment since they are the ones that know their customer base and it’s their business that will be affected on way or the other. Sadly though, the prissies are taking over and getting their way these days with zero regard for the business owners or the smokers.

The Story

Opinions?

RTS, I'm with you on this one....:sssh: I'm no smoker either and even allergic to it, in some instances. I've seen a concerted effort, to have a smoking/non-smoking section, in many if not most restaurants.

More and more rights, are being taken away from the entrepreneur, by "the man" and let them make a choice, just like we patrons make a choice, of where we go.

By the way, doesn't bars and smoking, go hand in hand.

Oh yeah? Well if not being able to smoke at a bar or a restaurant keeps certain people away then they have a far bigger problem..It's called a ridiculous addiction, and being dependent on something..
Sorry, but I think you're off base here. Do the smokers have no rights? What about the owners of the establishment, shouldn't they be allowed to make the decision considering it's their livelihood and their investment at stake?

RTS, I'm with you on this one....:sssh: I'm no smoker either and even allergic to it, in some instances. I've seen a concerted effort, to have a smoking/non-smoking section, in many if not most restaurants.

More and more rights, are being taken away from the entrepreneur, by "the man" and let them make a choice, just like we patrons make a choice, of where we go.

By the way, doesn't bars and smoking, go hand in hand.

:thumb:

Indeed, bears and smoking go hand in hand.

You are 100% correct, more and more rights are being taken away, but not just from the entrepreneur, they're being taken away from the "Average Joe" as well.

It's called free choice on where and how to spend your money.

It's so bad for bars in Cincy they are looking to give some of the choice back to the bar owners...

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080624/NEWS0108/306240042/

:thumb:

Indeed, bears and smoking go hand in hand.

You are 100% correct, more and more rights are being taken away, but not just from the entrepreneur, they're being taken away from the "Average Joe" as well.

This guy???

SmokeyTheBear-OnlyYou.jpg

Thank goodness right thinking people that believe in the right to breathe and the freedom from other people's toxic waste are winning the day! Hopefully, these bans will be as broad as possible. Keep your poisons to yourself.

We don't have the right to dump hazardous waste in each other's yards, or beat people on the street just because we feel like it. So we shouldn't have the "right" (and I use the term loosely :rolleyes:) to poison innocent people.

The only place I would think about allowing it is in places where it has always been part of the culture -- like bars.

Then go to a non-smoking restaurant, it's not right to force all bars and restaurants to do so.
If you allow it, then they will all do it. Where are people supposed to go then?

"Sorry people, you can't go out to eat anymore. The smokers need to feed their fix."