Jesse Jackson makes inappropriate comments about Obama

Guest Bluto
I will be a little nervous about having the Rev on my campaign plane or bus if I were Obama. Ouch!!!

Especially if he's carrying scissors... :scared:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea whether Jackson's comments were a deliberate ploy to help Obama but help they will. People who really, really, really want to believe that Obama is not an extreme left wing Democrat will seize this opportunity and point to Jackson's comments as proof that Obama is a moderate.

If Jesse Jackson thinks that Obama is acting "too white" (Jackson's characterization, not mine) then he must be in the political mainstream.

This may just be another example of the Rev. Jackson using "inartful" wording to express "concern," but kudos to the Obama campaign if they persuaded Jackson to deliberately make himself more irrelevant than he already was.

I, for one, am outraged. As a matter of fact there's a phone call that needs to be made to one who will come to the aid of defamed african-americans, one who immediately comes to the defense of his abused brothers. Now, what did I do with that #?,,,,,,,,,oh,,,,,here it is. There's 2 of them. 1-800-CALLBIGAL or 1-800-AL2RESQ. C'mon Rev. Sharpton, get on your white stallion and rescue your colleague.

:laugh::lol: Nice!!!

Thank goodness it was the registered, card carrying, left wing liberal, Democrat wacko, Jackson, that made those comments. All of the BHO supporters are saying that it's no big deal, but if any Conservative had been over heard making these comments it would be the biggest story on the news for the next week. Stories of slaves being punished with castration would be on the news, and their plight would be compared to what poor ol' BHO faces today.

While I do agree that the comments do nothing but help BHO, I think we are giving BHO and his campaign way too much credit for being clever. There is absolutely no way this was a set up remark made by Jackson to help BHO. This is just a fool making a foolish statement and getting caught.

Just wondering, has anyone started screaming for him to be removed from any and all programming, is every media outlet blasting him? Has Al Sharpton disowned him?

Just thinking about if this was basically the same or worse than what Don Imus said ? Both imo were racist statements. :sssh:

What I find interesting is Rev. Jackson and other older black leaders are saying that Senator Obama is not talking about issues facing blacks. I guess the economy and Iraq don't involve us.

This is nothing more than the old guard not wanting to let go. It is time for the torch to be past to the next generation of black leaders.

As I have said before there is a phenomenon involving black people where some will try to tear down one who is making great strides to improve their lot in life.