Jesse Jackson makes inappropriate comments about Obama

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking the topic in a different direction.

Was it tacky for Fox to exploit this, clearly not for public consumption, conversation, considering Jackson was their guest?

Had President Bush or John McCain made similar comments before an interview on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, or CNN, do you believe that any of those networks would not have reported the comments? FNC showed some restraint by not releasing all of Jackson's comments. I would have released the full transcript.

Taking the topic in a different direction.

Was it tacky for Fox to exploit this, clearly not for public consumption, conversation, considering Jackson was their guest?

I feel it was totally unprofessional for FOX to release what was clearly a private conversation. That being said, I completely agree with AcesFull that if Bush or McCain made similar comments ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, or CNN would have jumped at the opportunity to air it.

I feel it was totally unprofessional for FOX to release what was clearly a private conversation. That being said, I completely agree with AcesFull that if Bush or McCain made similar comments ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, or CNN would have jumped at the opportunity to air it.

Do you think that Fox wouldn't have, in the case of Bush or McCain making such a comment?

But it would have been huge news! If any station has a "leaning," don't you think that they would all put them aside to be able to break a big story like that?
I just think that a personal conversation made between two people, not meant to air, should remain personal, and I can't stand Jesse Jackson. It's just flat out unprofessional IMO.

I just think that a personal conversation made between two people, not meant to air, should remain personal, and I can't stand Jesse Jackson. It's just flat out unprofessional IMO.

Oh, I agree. However, I don't care which direction you lean, if a current president or a presidental candidate made that kind of statement, a media outlet would jump all over it.

Heck no they wouldn't have! They lean to the right just as the others lean to the left.
I disagree. If Bush or McCain had made similar comments on the O'Reilly set, I have no doubt that the comments would have been aired. O'Reilly has a case of "white guilt" that comes through every time that he interviews Jackson, Sharpton, and other race polarizers. O'Reilly's ego would not have allowed him to have sat on a big story.

Oh, I agree. However, I don't care which direction you lean, if a current president or a presidental candidate made that kind of statement, a media outlet would jump all over it.

I disagree. If Bush or McCain had made similar comments on the O'Reilly set, I have no doubt that the comments would have been aired. O'Reilly has a case of "white guilt" that comes through every time that he interviews Jackson, Sharpton, and other race polarizers. O'Reilly's ego would not have allowed him to have sat on a big story.

:thumb: I agree with both of you. If I were a leader of a TV station, I'd do what was best to get the ratings. I think it is even arguable of how "classless" it really is of the news station- reporting is there job, whether it is on the record or off.

I'm actually surprised that there is not another news station that leans as much to the right as Fox. If I am not mistaken, Fox has more viewers, and I don't think that the political leaning of media leaders (which is, I assume, to the left) would stop them from creating another right-leaning channel that would attain large ratings (due to the fact that there is only one right-leaning channel)

and quickly calls Obama to apologize.

I would say that he quickly called Obama to cover his butt rather than to apologize. Jackson cares about nothing other than himself and his same old agenda that he always has :rolleyes:. His act is past getting old and he knows it, had to try and get himself back in the news....pathetic.

This classless statement made J.J. look far worse than Obama, imo if anything it may have helped Obama. Jackson is all alone on this one, except for maybe Al Sharpton :lol:.

Bill Cosby has been saying essentially the same thing that Senator Obama has been saying so is he talking down to black people? I agree 100% with the both of them.

So do I, J.J. just slammed the only point that Obama has made thus far that I actually agree with. Like I had stated in another post, imo this actually helped Obama and exposed Jackson for the idiot that he really is (as if anyone needed any more proof)

You'll have to call me arrogant also because he is saying what needs bo be said and I agree with him 100%.

I certainly am not and will not call you arrogant, not even close imo but as for Obama....yes, the man and his wife are elite, pompass and imo look down their noses on everyone regardeless of race. They are not prejudice with their arrogance.:D

Had President Bush or John McCain made similar comments before an interview on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, or CNN, do you believe that any of those networks would not have reported the comments? FNC showed some restraint by not releasing all of Jackson's comments. I would have released the full transcript.

:thumb: I certainly agree, it was plainly stated that they didn't release the entire conversation (which by the way was reported was a lot worse as it went on), had the scenerio that you stated been the the major main "sceam" media outlets would had been "foaming at the mouth" and all over it. CNN would still be celebrating and claiming it a national holiday :rolleyes:.

Do you think that Fox wouldn't have, in the case of Bush or McCain making such a comment?
You question was not for me I don't belive but.....

Yes I do.

Point 1 = I can be a "reverend" by next week If I spend an hour online tonight.

Point 2 = As unsure about Obama as I am, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE his emphasis on personal responsibility! Its not a popular position and its not a position that white people can comfortably take, so its important that the most prominent black man in America right now speaks that way IMO.