Obama's outreach to Christian voters

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what the Supreme Court has to do with adoption, education and prevention efforts on the local level. Where in Roe v. Wade does it say these efforts are illegal? :confused:
Exactly, that's why the President needs to be involved. Adoption, education and prevention efforts on the local level isn't going to stop the unborn from being murdered, hopefully decrease it, but hopefully isn't enough in my book.

If someone says they were at one time "on the fence" how can anyone here refute that or laugh at it? No one here knows what others are thinking each and every day simply based on a few posts in the P&R forum so you shouldn't act like you do. No one should question someone else's posts in such a way, especially someone like Rockmom.
Rockmom is no different than the rest of us, so she's not off limits to me. I just find it hard to believe she'd consider a Republican for President at this point in time, I'm not calling her a liar or anything and she knows I totally respect her. I will concede that no one here knows what others are thinking each and every day simply based on a few posts, but I'm basing it on more than a few posts. She just never posted anything I can remember that gave me the slightest inkling that she'd seriously consider McCain.

Correct me if I am wrong but I've read several studys that say countrys who have legalized abortions have more deaths that are abortion realated (meaning both the child and the mother) than countries who have made abortion illeagel! I personally think our country is better off if we allow te government to conduct abortion than some woman with a coat hanger in a back ally!
Post some facts with a link to the source and I will correct you if you are wrong. Otherwise, I might be willing to do some research to support your opinion for a nominal fee. :D

Gay Marariige ammendments were a complete ploy to help President Bush win the election!
Wrong. Gay activists in San Francisco and Massachusetts put the issue on the front burner when elected politicians decided to ignore the laws that they were sworn to uphold and began marrying gay couples. It was a case of very bad timing on their part. Bush was the beneficiary not the instigator.

Ok, I saw a rough tape of a Black Women talking about "Whitey" The person on the tape said this was Michele. It looked like her and the voice was talking about Whitey with other people cheering her comments. She was speaking from a podium and the camera was at her right. This person was wearing a light colored outfit. I will not recant what I saw, but will state I'm not sure if this was her and could have been mislead....but don't tell me I didn't see this tape. You are calling me a liar, and I'm not.

If you are a christian and want to tell me your are voting for Obama and your cousin's girlfriend momma brother who preaches at So and so Baptist, you are missing my point of the christian nation I spoke about.

Ok, I saw a rough tape of a Black Women talking about "Whitey" The person on the tape said this was Michele. It looked like her and the voice was talking about Whitey with other people cheering her comments. She was speaking from a podium and the camera was at her right. This person was wearing a light colored outfit. I will not recant what I saw, but will state I'm not sure if this was her and could have been mislead....but don't tell me I didn't see this tape. You are calling me a liar, and I'm not.

If you are a christian and want to tell me your are voting for Obama and your cousin's girlfriend momma brother who preaches at So and so Baptist, you are missing my point of the christian nation I spoke about.

I don't mean to but in here (well, I guess I do :D), but I think you are missing as much of the point as well Larry. Your reside in one area of the country and call it "the christian nation." The people you are speaking of represent a part of the christian pie but I firmly believe nowhere near the whole pie. The reason I say that is because it is too diverse throughout the country. Even if you heard this from a source that was the leadership of the SBC telling you that at an annual meeting, we are talking about a meeting of about 10 to 20,000 people at best. Yet there are far more Baptists that make up a larger group than that. Same is true with evangelicals who believe that Dr. Dobson represents all of that community. Just like Falwell and Robertson never really represented them totally either (thought they liked to believe they did.)

I think you are no longer understanding what the Christian nation is. Many non right wing Christians have now become actively involved in the political process (like Obama) and the Christian nation is no longer "lead" by Falwell, Robertson, Ralph Reed, et al. Christians are no longer simply focused on the issue of abortion, although for many that is still very important, but they also realize that there are many other important issues and they are taking stands on them everyday. Issues that include taking care of ALL of God's creation including the earth, working to eliminate poverty, even if it means sacrificing their "own" money, working to eliminated hunger and disease in other parts of the world, even if it means sacrificing their own time. Go to http://www.Beliefnet.com or http://www.Sojo.com and see that there are many Christians out there who have very different opinions from you. Even on this VERY Conservative message board you have had catholics who are saying they support Obama, I have told you that over half of my church will vote for him, and it is a baptist church. Why don't you say, the VERY CONSERVATIVE EVANGELICALS AND CATHOLICS will not vote for Obama. Because, the "Christian Nation" is not that cohesive.

How many presedential elections have you voted in?

How many time have you voted republican in one of them?

Can I answer that one about me??

7 for me.

Four times Democrat and Three times Republican.

Does that tell you or anyone else anything about me or my stands? Most would call me a liberal firebrand but my voting record reveals something else.

Absolutely not. Your beliefs are just as important as mine or the next guy. I don't really understand how some who call themselves staunch pro-lifers can justify making exceptions . Only the 17% from Gallup who say no abortion ever, never can truly be pro-life IMO.

The numbers reflect polling data from Gallup(May'08).

The only time that I feel abortion is allowable is when the life of the mother is endangered, and even in that scenario every single possible step must be taken to save the life of the baby. May I be called Pro-Life?

The only time that I feel abortion is allowable is when the life of the mother is endangered, and even in that scenario every single possible step must be taken to save the life of the baby. May I be called Pro-Life?

In my book...absolutely. I find no contradiction there whatsoever.

The ones I have a problem with are those they say abortion is morally wrong, murder, and an abomination against God, and yet make excepions for , say, if a family member or friend is raped . That is hypocritical and contradictory, IMO, to a sincere and unyielding pro-life position.

Edited by HHSDad

Bush

Bush

Clinton

Gore

Kerry

??? O

It just shows how much I have grown . . .:flame:

I could say the same thing

Carter v. Regan

Mondale

Whoever lost to Bush I, I don't remember who it was

Clinton

Clinton (just typing that made my fingers bleed)

Bush II

Bush II

I once drank from the Kool-Aid font of liberalism but then I grew up and joined the real world.

11 years working in academia and seeing how conservatives were treated there soured me to all things liberal.