Obama's outreach to Christian voters

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just don't see Jesus bombing Iraq, or allowing the poor in the country to suffer any more, or in ostracizing (sp) people because of their sexual orientation. We choose to love our neighbors and our enemies alike, as we have been commanded to do. Probably even if that neighbor rides a motorcycle and is approaching my car in an angry fashion:flame:

Unless of course they are unborn children and it ain't too upsetting how this country treats them.

Other Christians try to love ALL of God's people whether they are born or unborn.

It amazes me that abortion trumps all other sin and suffering, even war and greed and hate.

4,000 lives loss in Iraq versus 3500 lives loss everyday. Amazes me that Iraq is a bigger issue.

Suffering, greed and hate are horrible sins. But you are still alive in those cases. Abortion, you are dead. That simple.

I guess we view that having a life in which you are hungry and poor is better than being dead.

That amazes me.

Edited by ladiesbballcoach
changed the thread to take out comments that could be deemed personal in nature and make it more general

4,000 lives loss in Iraq versus 3500 lives loss everyday. Amazes me that Iraq is a bigger issue.

Suffering, greed and hate are horrible sins. But you are still alive in those cases. Abortion, you are dead. That simple.

I guess we view that having a life in which you are hungry and poor is better than being dead.

That amazes me.

Here is the thing - reasonable people can disagree on whether or not it is murder, and I understand that you think it is, I do not. So it is not as if I am looking the other way, I simply disagree with the premise, as do others - so, to stay on topic

When I look at the two candidates I have to look at the entirety of their positions and even if I were pro-life i understand that there is only one thing a president can do and that is appoint SC justices, and then there is no guarantee that the justices will decide the issue the way the president intended so, he has little impact. I believe that BOs positions in this election are the most Christian and as a result I will vote for him

and WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT I AM NOT AN EVANGELICAL???;)

To answer the question. I know what I saw and heard and I was sad.

At my church I asked some general questions about Obama and again they are not very happy with him. Not one person said they would vote for him. And they started talking about Oprah, which I didn't understand. I know she endorsed him and thats all I know.

He will not carry the Christian vote. If he wins its due to the frustration of the America people due to the way the country is heading and the past leadership or lack of. I've yet to hear a fellow Christian sing his praises, all they do is point out his past church and minister.

:thumb: I agree, he won't get the Christian vote bc of his religious beleifs (or lack there of) but there will be a lot of Christians vote for the man bc of what you pointed out. They are frustrated with the way things are going. I personally could not vote for Obama under ANY circumstance. I am not buying his "change" act for one second. He is a same ol', same ol, politician and he can deliver a great speech by reading a telepromter.

Should Obama win (and imo he just might) it imo will be due to a large part of the young/college crowd vote that have not been around long enough to see through his act. That is thier choice though (to vote for him)

I am as frustrated over some things as anyone but in now way will vote for BaCrock Obama.

I consider myself a devout Catholic...which is a Christian denomination.

I am pro-life

I am a registered Independent

I know a lot of Catholics planning to vote for Obama

As stated above, I am pro-life, but that will not stop me from voting for a candidate who may or may not have the opportunity to influence RvW.

I believe that American need to stop waiting for RvW to be overturned and get involved in the fight to end abortion, legal or illegal. Make it an unnecessary issue.

I believe that all people, born or unborn, deserve to live.

I believe that the war in Iraq is unjustified.

I believe that many of the people who've lost their lives in Iraq were innocents.

I don't believe in the waste of those lives.

I'm off the fence. I'll be voting for Obama.

I consider myself a devout Catholic...which is a Christian denomination.

I am pro-life

I am a registered Independent

I know a lot of Catholics planning to vote for Obama

As stated above, I am pro-life, but that will not stop me from voting for a candidate who may or may not have the opportunity to influence RvW.

I believe that American need to stop waiting for RvW to be overturned and get involved in the fight to end abortion, legal or illegal. Make it an unnecessary issue.

I believe that all people, born or unborn, deserve to live.

I believe that the war in Iraq is unjustified.

I believe that many of the people who've lost their lives in Iraq were innocents.

I don't believe in the waste of those lives.

I'm off the fence. I'll be voting for Obama.

After a lot of reading and research myself, I definately believe he's the candidate to lead the country in a better direction. Glad to have you, along with NWO and others!!!!

No slam meant by the tern "those people", just don't talk to many Catholics in my cirlcle about politics....maybe football. I meant Catholic voters...sorry if I made someone uneasy.

The christians I speak with are leaders. They are telling me the general feelings of those people they have talked with. This isn't the only site I spend time on, there are others. No way I can tell you what all Christians are gonna say. That would be really stupid for me to say. I was talking about the balance of those people, who are like me that I know.

No body mentioned in their rebuttals about Obama's Church or preacher. Or what I said about Mrs. Clinton

My dad is a paster of a fairly good size church, do you consider him a leader? I could also name you several people within the Southern Baptist organization who back Obama as well! I think you mean well Larry I really do your just not thinking outside the box!

And, to the poster who implied that Obama doesn't have religious beliefs, I believe that whomever is in the White House does not necessarily have to believe what I believe religiously. I'm not voting for him to lead me in my faith. I'm voting for him to lead my country, which allows it's citizen's of all faiths to worship and have their own religious beliefs.

There's only been one Catholic president. And it was as huge a controversy in his election as religion has become in Obama's.

I don't care if he's Christian, Buddahist, or **gasp**Muslim. I'm looking for a president to lead this country out of it's current messes, foreign and domestic.

And, to the poster who implied that Obama doesn't have religious beliefs, I believe that whomever is in the White House does not necessarily have to believe what I believe religiously. I'm not voting for him to lead me in my faith. I'm voting for him to lead my country, which allows it's citizen's of all faiths to worship and have their own religious beliefs.

There's only been one Catholic president. And it was as huge a controversy in his election as religion has become in Obama's.

I don't care if he's Christian, Buddahist, or **gasp**Muslim. I'm looking for a president to lead this country out of it's current messes, foreign and domestic.

:thumb: I agree 110%

I cannot understand how people who are opposed to abortion can support a candidate who once facilitated infanticide by allowing medical facilities to withhold medical treatment to babies who survived abortions and were born alive. If a man would go to that extreme based on the flimsy argument that prohibiting such a practice might help eventually reverse Roe v. Wade, there is almost zero chance that he will not act proactively to make abortion more affordable, more available, and with less restrictions.