Obama's outreach to Christian voters

First of all, I do find one (and only one) reason acceptable to abort, so I guess that knocks me out of a category. Secondly, I don't believe your numbers, but I could be wrong. Finally, even if your numbers are correct, should I abandon what I believe because I am in the minority?

You are right that people want to see the money; I just don't know what it has to do with my post.

I assume you have legalized and illegalized mixed up there? And if you could find it, I'd be very interested for another thread, or a link to those studies (I actually want to read it).

I will find those stats!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was more because of the two horrible Democrat candidates that were presented to the American public and the Gay Marriage amendments across the country than it was because of Dubya.

Gay Marariige ammendments were a complete ploy to help President Bush win the election!

How is it going to get taken care of at a local level when the Supreme Court says it's OK to kill unborn babies?

I don't understand what the Supreme Court has to do with adoption, education and prevention efforts on the local level. Where in Roe v. Wade does it say these efforts are illegal? :confused:

With all due respect I would hardley call this world shattering news. No offense intended but I see you about as much "on the fence" as HB20.

Please, there's no way you would have voted for a Republican regardless of what your "extensive research" told you.

I'm pretty much off the fence to. Have been for a while.

I was very open to voting for either candidate but have recently leaned heavily in one particular direction.

BTW, my mind still isn't 100% made up. I'd say it's 90% made up though. :lol:

That was more because of the two horrible Democrat candidates that were presented to the American public and the Gay Marriage amendments across the country than it was because of Dubya.

Well the first one was because Florida can't count...

If someone says they were at one time "on the fence" how can anyone here refute that or laugh at it? No one here knows what others are thinking each and every day simply based on a few posts in the P&R forum so you shouldn't act like you do. No one should question someone else's posts in such a way, especially someone like Rockmom.

First of all, I do find one (and only one) reason acceptable to abort, so I guess that knocks me out of a category. Secondly, I don't believe your numbers, but I could be wrong. Finally, even if your numbers are correct, should I abandon what I believe because I am in the minority?

You are right that people want to see the money; I just don't know what it has to do with my post.

I assume you have legalized and illegalized mixed up there? And if you could find it, I'd be very interested for another thread, or a link to those studies (I actually want to read it).

Absolutely not. Your beliefs are just as important as mine or the next guy. I don't really understand how some who call themselves staunch pro-lifers can justify making exceptions . Only the 17% from Gallup who say no abortion ever, never can truly be pro-life IMO.

The numbers reflect polling data from Gallup(May'08).

Gay Marariige ammendments were a complete ploy to help President Bush win the election!

I disagree that they were a ploy for the sole sake of handing Bush the election, but I do think they did that. THose who voted to ban gay marriage overwhelmingly supported Bush. And that was key in Ohio, IMO.

I'm pretty much off the fence to. Have been for a while.

I was very open to voting for either candidate but have recently leaned heavily in one particular direction.

BTW, my mind still isn't 100% made up. I'd say it's 90% made up though. :lol:

No kidding?

If someone says they were at one time "on the fence" how can anyone here refute that or laugh at it? No one here knows what others are thinking each and every day simply based on a few posts in the P&R forum so you shouldn't act like you do. No one should question someone else's posts in such a way, especially someone like Rockmom.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I meant no offense to RM.

Maybe the laughing has to do more with the fact that you announced so dramatically that you were on the fence, you even started a thread to that effect, and then seemed to go out of your way to defend The Chosen One against any criticism leveled against him, usually by saying something to the effect of "McCain did the same thing". If that's what you call on the fence then you and I have two different definitions for the term.

No, the first one was because the people in Gore's HOME STATE didn't support him. He wins the state he represented in Congress and he is President. He didn't and wasn't.

Gore definately made more than enough miscalculations and missteps to cost himself the election. One I believe was not using Clinton more effectively, but there were others.

No, the first one was because the people in Gore's HOME STATE didn't support him. He wins the state he represented in Congress and he is President. He didn't and wasn't.

It's amazing how the Democrats play this fact down.

The people who should by all right know Gore the best voted him down. That's a HUGE negative vote IMVHO. If you can't carry your home state then chances are you really shouldn't be president.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I meant no offense to RM.

Maybe the laughing has to do more with the fact that you announced so dramatically that you were on the fence, you even started a thread to that effect, and then seemed to go out of your way to defend The Chosen One against any criticism leveled against him, usually by saying something to the effect of "McCain did the same thing". If that's what you call on the fence then you and I have two different definitions for the term.

So did you mean to offend me? :lol:

I started a thread offering McCain supporters a chance to convince me to vote for McCain.

I did not announce anything "dramatically". I honestly was on the fence at one point in time. I do not automatically decide who to vote for based on party affiliation like some others on this website. I did research and I have pretty much made a decision. However there is still time for me to change my mind...