Favorite Beer

GO CATS

I don't think that I could pick any one beer as my favorite, but lately I've been drinking a lot of Bud Light Lime. It's great while grilling out, etc. However, I'm not so sure I will like it as much when it is colder. Just can't see it as a good football tailgating brew.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of my favorites right now are Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Ale, Samuel Adams Seasonals (Spring and Summer), Bell's Batch 8,000, Bell's Oberon, and Samichlaus.

My favorite at the moment is Samichlaus, which is kind of odd because it is a Christmas beer, but it was just too good to pass up. This beer is a Bavarian Dopplebock with some extraordinary flavors. It also is said to be the strongest lager in the world at 14% alcohol by volume. This beer is brewed just once a year in Zurich, Switzerland, on December 6, and then aged for ten months before bottling. If you appreaciate some of the more complex beers, this beer certainly lives up to its claim of being "The World's Most Extraordinary Beverage".

Does your love include the Summer Shandy (a nice beer-lemonade mix)?

:D

I had it for the first time the other day. It actually reminded me of the Sunset Wheat with just a little more citrus flavor. It was pretty refreshing (we drank them after moving furniture.)

I wouldn't want it all the time, but I guess that's why it's a seasonal offering.

For the record, I've had:

Red Lager

Honey Weiss

Sunset Wheat

Oktoberfest Lager

Big Butt Dopplebock

Summer Shandy

And would like to try the others, I've just never seen them around here.

I believe its only sold in a select few states. However, I was in Tennessee this weekend and brought home a couple cases. I love it!

I thought you couldn't get Yuengling west of the Appalachians. I usually have my brother pick some up for us whenever he and his wife visit their family in Virginia.

My faves include:

Yeungling

Shiner Bock

No. 1 fave is HofbrauHaus Oktoberfest

My rotation includes:

Sam Adams: Light/Summer Ale/Winter Lager

Anchor Steam

Guiness

Shiner Bock

Anchor Steam's pretty good, as is one we discovered while in Maine called Shipyard.

I've always found Lone Star to be pretty good as a low-cost option while in Texas, until I discovered Shiner Bock. LS still is better than Bud, IMO, and LS Light isn't bad either.

Alaskan Ale or anything from Allagash. Additionally, for those that mentioned Blue Moon, I would strongly suggest Hoegaarden. Last but not least, the best website I found for discovering new beers is Beer Advocate. You can search for the highest rated beers (by the users) by country or by style. It's a great tool for finding new beers in the styles you enjoy.

Anchor Steam's pretty good, as is one we discovered while in Maine called Shipyard.

I've always found Lone Star to be pretty good as a low-cost option while in Texas, until I discovered Shiner Bock. LS still is better than Bud, IMO, and LS Light isn't bad either.

I'd never heard of Anchor Steam prior to visiting San Francisco, but they had it on tap at the hotel bar, I know it's pretty expensive.