Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas May Have Played With Ineligible Player

Featured Replies

I wouldnt want the title like that.. if I were Memphis

There is no way that the NCAA would strip them of the Title, now they might take them money they earned or something like that. The Title will stay in Kansas.

There is no way that the NCAA would strip them of the Title, now they might take them money they earned or something like that. The Title will stay in Kansas.

 

 

They shouldn't be able to strip them of anything imo.

Lack of institutional control, Miles Brand's favorite saying!!! :rolleyes:

Wow that's horrible. Yes someone should be punished IF his grades were altered, but certainly not the Jayhawks, don't think it was something they made happen....

Clearing House cleared him, legally NCAA cannot punish anyone except themselves.

 

Even the teacher said Arthur did not know about the change.

1.) The title would not go to Memphis, would it? It would be listed as vacated on NCAA records.

 

2.) The only trouble I see is if KU (or an associate) altered what the NCAA clearing house saw, which I doubt.

 

3.) Didn't KU end up in trouble after their LAST NCAA title, also?

 

4.) Never underestimate the ineptitude of the powers that be in the NCAA right now. Common sense is a rare commodity inside the organization.

U Memphis - new national champs! I knew Kansas was cheating. :ylsuper:

I seriously think that if KU was stripped of the title, it does not just go to Memphis by default. I am quite sure that the title is listed as vacated. Not that this makes any difference, because they'll (KU) keep it in the end.

Arthur couldn't pass a high school math class, but maintained his eligibility at KU for two years?

 

I'm sure things are different wherever you go, but...

 

Several years ago when we took our son on a campus visit to Duke, we were told that students had to take classes in "5 of 6 areas", or "6 of 7 areas" - something like that. Meaning that at the time, one could in theory graduate from Duke without ever setting foot in a math class.

Well since I had Memphis winning the championship on our bracket contest and lost by 2 points, do I win now. I think the winner should mail their prize back. LOL

Well it couldn't be the fault of the NCAA. :lol:

 

It kind of reminds me of the old (though slanted) comment about UK. "I heard that UK was caught with recruiting violations. The NCAA slapped a 2 year probabtion on Cleveland State for it." :D

 

(the preceeding was not an attempt at bashing UK but merely showing how crazy the NCAA can be about who to punish and how much.)

Jerry Tarkanian said this.

Jerry Tarkanian said this.

 

He's one to talk. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.