Kansas May Have Played With Ineligible Player

Wireman

1.) The title would not go to Memphis, would it? It would be listed as vacated on NCAA records.

2.) The only trouble I see is if KU (or an associate) altered what the NCAA clearing house saw, which I doubt.

3.) Didn't KU end up in trouble after their LAST NCAA title, also?

4.) Never underestimate the ineptitude of the powers that be in the NCAA right now. Common sense is a rare commodity inside the organization.

I seriously think that if KU was stripped of the title, it does not just go to Memphis by default. I am quite sure that the title is listed as vacated. Not that this makes any difference, because they'll (KU) keep it in the end.

Arthur couldn't pass a high school math class, but maintained his eligibility at KU for two years?

I'm sure things are different wherever you go, but...

Several years ago when we took our son on a campus visit to Duke, we were told that students had to take classes in "5 of 6 areas", or "6 of 7 areas" - something like that. Meaning that at the time, one could in theory graduate from Duke without ever setting foot in a math class.

Well it couldn't be the fault of the NCAA. :lol:

It kind of reminds me of the old (though slanted) comment about UK. "I heard that UK was caught with recruiting violations. The NCAA slapped a 2 year probabtion on Cleveland State for it." :D

(the preceeding was not an attempt at bashing UK but merely showing how crazy the NCAA can be about who to punish and how much.)

Jerry Tarkanian said this.