Pujols or A-Rod?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Cards fan but I would take A-Rod, if based off talent along. He helps not only offensively but defensively. He would also sell more tickets, that Pujols and stabilizes the left side of the IF.

I would be ecstatic with either but if had to choose, A-Rod.

Who has/hasn't earned WS ring is irrelevent, IMO. That is, by and large, determined by the team on which they find themselves.

Their career stats are both stunning and fairly similar.

Pujols: Age 28, .332 BA, .420 OBP, 42 HR, 128, 126 R, 6 SB, rarely misses a game. Salary $14M.

A-Rod: Age 33, .306 BA, .389, 44 HR, 128 RBI, 128 R, 23 SB, rarely misses a game. Salary $27M.

Close call, but I'll take Pujols, with the younger age and less salary being what throws it over the top. Yes, A-Rod plays a more valuable position, but at 33 years, his best defensive days are behind him.

Oh, yeah - and my son loves Pujols.

And if I'm just starting a team, I'm bringing in the guy that's going to break the all-time homerun record to fill some seats...

OK, but of whom are you speaking? I'll assume A-Rod, but given their HR clip is almost dead-on and that Pujols was actually the youngest player to reach 250 HR's, it's certainly more than possible that Pujols will eclipse A-Rod's total.

OK, but of whom are you speaking? I'll assume A-Rod, but given their HR clip is almost dead-on and that Pujols was actually the youngest player to reach 250 HR's, it's certainly more than possible that Pujols will eclipse A-Rod's total.

At the age of 27...

ARod: 345

Pujols: 298

What about the fact that both the Mariners and Rangers record improved the season after he left those two teams? Or the fact that the Yankees had been to the World Series 6 out of 7 years before he got there but have yet to make it with him in Pinstripes?

^^^^^^^^^How about this. I know that you can say that he's only one player but this has happened too often for it to be a coincidence.

At the age of 27...

ARod: 345

Pujols: 298

Pujols has only 282 career HR's. After 7 seasons, A-Rod (actually 7 1/3 for him, since he played a little in 1994 and 1995) had 298 HR's in 4382 AB's for an average of 1 HR per 14.7 AB; after 7 full seasons, Pujols has 282 HR's in 4054 AB's, for an average of 1 HR per 14.3 AB. Pujols was the youngest player to reach 250 HR's (in 2006). The 16 HR difference (after 7 seasons) came about because Pujols had an off-year last and A-Rod had 300+ more AB's. Their career HR pace is almost dead-on at this point.