Dusty Talking To Prior And Wood

gametime

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Milton gone, the Reds are looking to find that guy in the rotation that can pitch 3-4 innings every 5 days and give up 8 earned before eventually getting hurt. Either guy should be able to fill that role easily.

:laugh:

]ALTHOUGH Wood looked good out of the pen this year, I'm sure he would much rather be starting.
Wood isn't capable of staying healthy all season in the starting rotation. Keeping him in the bullpen is his best chance of contributing for an entire season, and he's shown glimpses of being his old dominant self as a reliever in the past.

The Reds need starting pitching, as we all would agree. Spring Training, will be the venue to see for any veterans that are acquired, if they can still be effective.

Pitching in GABP, is never easy and for me personally, the flyball pitcher will struggle. If they can sign them and anything is left in the tank, they could help. If they're done, just make sure any contracts, are for one year.

The Reds need starting pitching, as we all would agree. Spring Training, will be the venue to see for any veterans that are acquired, if they can still be effective.

Pitching in GABP, is never easy and for me personally, the flyball pitcher will struggle. If they can sign them and anything is left in the tank, they could help. If they're done, just make sure any contracts, are for one year.

Lance brings up the stat every year about GABP. I will try and find it, good pitchers in GABP have no higher of a ERA at GABP than anywhere else.

It's not the park its the crappy pitchers.

Lance brings up the stat every year about GABP. I will try and find it, good pitchers in GABP have no higher of a ERA at GABP than anywhere else.

It's not the park its the crappy pitchers.

A combination of both but flyballs at GABP, often result in gaps or HR's.

The Reds have struggled mightily, with allowing runs and having to outscore the other team and it begins, with the starters. You bring in GB pitchers, who throw to contact and most solid defenses, will keep you in the game.

You bring in a pitcher, who allows a lot of flyballs and those will translate into HR's and runs.