Heisman Race

buzzer beater

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the Cards run the table he will be right in the mix.

Sure, but its this part thats going to get him. They wont' beat WVU, USF, Rutgers and UC. At this rate they could lose all 4 of those games.

I'd bet they lose 2, and I just can't see the the QB from a 4 loss Big East team winning the Heismann.

Somebody on ESPNU called Woodson the "odds on favorite"!

I guess thats why they're on the U instead of the big channel.

Woodson is in the top 5 at this point, but by no means a the favorite.

I agree. UK and USF are 2 of the nicest cinderella stories in the football media right now (as they should be) and that is helping Woodson's positioning as a Heisman candidate. Granted, he is responsible for a lot of that success, but I would be happy just to see him get an invite to NYC.

I'm not sure if you are directing that towards me or what but I'll just go ahead & tell you that I would rather see UK win than UL so nice try...

Not directing towards anyone. Just pointing out that winning is crucial in regards to being a valid Heisman candidate.

OK... so:

1094 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs. Still nothing to write home about.

That is true, but look at last years Heisman winner Troy Smith. Smith was 203 of 311 with 2,542 yards 30 TD's and 6 INT. Are those huge numbers?? No, it was because what Smith did for his team ( leading them to a 12-0 record ). 37 QB's had more yards than Smith did. 6 QB's had more touchdowns than he did. It not so much the numbers because if it was than Brennan would have won the award last year. If Booty can throw for around 3,000 yards and over 30 TD's and USC runs the table then the Heisman will go to Booty.

What about Cal's star athletic player? Jackson or Johnson or whatever. That kid is definately getting more hype then this thread has shown.

Jackson hasn't played like the Heisman candidate he is. He isn't even the #1 WR on his team stat wise. 28 receptions with just 312 yards and 2 TD's. 78 WR's have more yards than Jackson and close to 100 WR's have more TD's than Jackson too. He is a pretty good player and can break a game wide open but he has not showed that so far this year. He did have a big game against Oregon but he is going to have to pick it up A LOT to come close to going to NY.

For Woodson his time to shine will be the LSU game...if he plays great and finds a way to throw 250+ yards, couple of TD's and keeps the Cats close then he will be a legitimate Heisman candidate...but if he comes out and does not move the ball...throws a couple of INT's and the Cats get stomped...then probably not. The next three games is what will either engrave Woodson a seat at the table, or make him a nice story but not invited to NYC.

I really dont see Woodson as a "true" candidate. Although he is leading his team to a bunch of W's w/o L's and that can get you a lot of attention. Just dont think that the UK athletic administration really promoted Woodson as a Heisman candidate.... having said that, we all know it does come down to publicity and the best was for Woodson to keep the momentum is to keep winning.... with USC (national tv), LSU and FLA on the horizon, it is truly his to loose..... OK, just think if he leads UK to W's in all three games.... UK would be #2 in the country and he would be the hottest thing since R. Bush. Now I dont believe that is gong to happen, but, it could. So lets stay tuned....

As far a Brohm goes, yes he was a candidate but I think we all see the writing on the wall. The UofL season is over for a top 10 finish as well as the Heisman for Brohm. Too many L's and too many INT's...... Rut. WVA and So. Fla all to come....... I think the CAR 's (no D) have come to an end in their great run......