Chris Beniot's Brain Showed Severe Damage....

Devilman

I think the NFL and the WWE are really starting to sweat this stuff. Like with Benoit, these are obviously work related injuries that led to this. It is going to go back through the trial lawyers going after these organizations with millions of dollars and there will be questions of did the WWE know of the brain damage? was treatment offered? how long did they know about this? was their other incidents that may have foreshadowed this? Now that there are wrongful deaths starting to associate from this, I'm sure there will be some sort of litigation popping up...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the NFL will ever have this severe of a problem. In the NFL if you get a concussion, it is treated, you sit out and then return when you are better. I'd say a lot of times Chris Benoit wrestled the night after he got his concussion.

Mike Webster's family might think differently.

A Tormented Soul

I cringe every time I hear a high school player say "it's nothing, I just got my bell rung"

I'm sure the steroids played some role in this to some extent.

I agree. I have no doubt that the brain damage is due to repeated concussions. However, you add steroids on top of that and he was, as we all now know, a time bomb.

I hope we all learn from this. Many people start pushing their children at a very young age to excell in sports. The human body is only capable of so much. Athletes today sometimes push it too far to make that team, to be the best, to get that scholarship, or other reasons. The bar gets higher and higher and some people will do anything to excell. This is an unfortunate (and extreme) example of what happens what someone will do to be "the best."