Chris Beniot's Brain Showed Severe Damage....

Devilman

From multiple concussions, says Juilan Bailes of The Sports Legacy Institute.

The test showed that Benoit's brain was so severly damaged it resembled a brain of a 85 year old person with Alzheimer's.

Conclusion is Dementia caused by Multiple Concussions.

As reported by ABCnews.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like concussions are going to be the boogeyman of pro-sports, especially in the NFL. I'll bet the trial lawyers can't wait to get their chops into the likes of the NFL and the WWE...

Actually they did link concussions of 2 NFL players deaths/suicide...them being Andre Walters and Terry Long.

I doubt the NFL will ever have this severe of a problem. In the NFL if you get a concussion, it is treated, you sit out and then return when you are better. I'd say a lot of times Chris Benoit wrestled the night after he got his concussion.

He had alot of injuries including neck surgery as well. Don't know if that might have had anything to do with his concussion, just shows wrestling can really take a toll on you.

I doubt the NFL will ever have this severe of a problem. In the NFL if you get a concussion, it is treated, you sit out and then return when you are better. I'd say a lot of times Chris Benoit wrestled the night after he got his concussion.

Do you actually believe this is the reality of the situation? Many times players are pushed to get back on the field ASAP regardless of the injury, a la Bill Parcells. In the last couple of years or so, there does seem to be some movement toward protecting the players more, but this type of thing was widespread throughout the league and may still be happening on some teams.

Do you actually believe this is the reality of the situation? Many times players are pushed to get back on the field ASAP regardless of the injury, a la Bill Parcells. In the last couple of years or so, there does seem to be some movement toward protecting the players more, but this type of thing was widespread throughout the league and may still be happening on some teams.

The NFL athletes are treated much better these days than a wrestler. Wrestler rarely get time off...it would mess up their script too much.

This is actually a really hot topic going into the NFL season. There are supposed to be ways for players to annonomously let the front office know if they are pushed into playing if they have a concussion. They have asked the majority of the players this off season and most of them have had them. Most went on and played on their own. The front office has gone as far as having a hotline for the players to call in to report doctors or coaches if they push them to play with them. I think a lot of the old folks have stepped up and they see what kind of shape those guys are in. I'm as die hard as you will ever find when it comes to football. Now that I have a little boy and girl I see things in a different light then I did when I played. My wife and I were actually talking tonight at dinner about this very subject. There is little doubt in my mind that I had them playing. I got knocked out one game on the first series of the game, came back in the next series and never came out. As a teenager I could care less and my coach didn't know. Now that all this information is out it's a little scary. I attribute that to my stupidity:) Seriously it's good that they are looking down the road at the players health. I don't think it will stop a lot of guys from playing but I do think it's good that they raise awareness to the long term effects. The Ashland Daily Independant has been running a series on playing through sports injuries. There was a really sad one a couple of days ago about a team captain at a high school in Indy. He played through one and just came out of a coma not long ago. He is still in a wheelchair but he's starting to get some of his wits back. Football is the greatest team game ever but things like this are unfortunatly the tough part. I think as a player you just make the decision if the pros outweigh the cons in your own mind. I do think you should have to sit after having one until you are cleared though.