Trinity 39 Bowling Green 28

wailupebob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a game. I'm drained. Bowling Green played one heck of a game. The crowd was the biggest I've seen since the new stadium opened. BGs' side was full. Thanks to them for making the drive up I-65. Good luck to the Purples the rest of the season. A tough, tough win for the ROCKS.

Bowling Green was tough, they were very well prepared & their kids put in a great effort. The Rocks started slowly but still managed 38 points, Phillips really delivered the mail at the end of the game. Some of the T tackling was pretty iffy tonight.

I also had the good fortune of meeting Mr & Mrs Purple Haze before the game, which was a real treat, they're terrific people. I'm sure they're very proud of the BG kids.

And it was very cool to have LSURock honored before the game, a very nice touch. A great evening all of the way around :thumb:

BG impressed me as a very sound, tough team. Very well coached. I thought T played well for a first game, although the tackling was subpar for much of the game. (As an aside, on all levels of football tackling seems to be a lost art.) I think BG is the best non-Jefferson County team that Trinity has played since maybe Dunbar with Shelton or Highlands when Brohm was a freshman (or was it an 8th grader?)

Major props to BG. They played like they were in mid season form. Trinity had to score on every possession in the second half to lock this one up. Hats off to the Trinity O who had to grow up fast. Slick play calling by Coach C. Superman was just that. I was having Male flashbacks! Have to think LSU Rock helped the Rocks win this one! Good luck to BG this season.. fan support was awesome.

BG is the real deal folks, they played solid smash mouth football all night long. The Rocks didn't play very well in the first half, but hats off to the coaching staff...They made adjustments at half on offense and really took control in the 4th quarter.

BG will be a force to be reckoned with....mark my words.

So does BG have enough to win state in their class this year?

If BG doesn't win state, something is wrong. Congrats to both teams. You could tell BG had one game under their belt. I would say all aspects on the O side clicked pretty good. There were some mis-haps, but nothing major. As for the defense, some miss tackles, but they got the stops when they needed. Good overall performance. Good luck to BG in their season.

BG has played in state the last 2 years and lost big. Many people look at those 2 games and think they are way overhyped, but, they are very solid...I think the weak 3a district they played in the past couple of years really hurt them, as they coasted through the 2nd half of the season and into the early playoff rounds and it seemed to take that edge away they had in the early season..With the new alignment and them now in a tough 5a region, I think they can maintain that weekly intensity and make another strong run..