Trinity 39 Bowling Green 28

wailupebob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen both teams play. The Birds will have their work cut out for them, should they meet up with this Purple bunch.

That's for sure. Our Birds need to take note, and use this season to prepare for the day that they meet up with the Purples. AND they need to take each game one at a time to make sure they reach that ultimate match-up!

Maybe I just don't get it, but why is everyone so shocked? Bowling Green has played St. Xavier awfully tough the last two years, even last year when they were wracked with injuries.

I realize the Purples have laid an egg on the carpet the last couple of years, but this program has shown they're capable of battling toe-to-toe with the best teams in the state. It's like they are suddenly getting more respect now than they have for all of the last two seasons.

Good job, Purples.

Excellent photos, Da-Man! My personal favorites are of Jared Carpenter surrounded by Rocks but picking up tough yardage, and Austin Schlinke (the player who re-wrote The Rafferty's Bowl interceptions records) bringing down the Trinity receiver! I wish I could identify the Purple who got a good hip shot on Phillips, but I can't.

Again, Austin's last name is pronounced like "slinky" except for an "sh" sound at first. I know that he and his folks appreciate the explanation...!:lol: :thumb: :D